Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 12:53am

Style: Bakido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are you refering to when you say research?

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 12:57am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, it is Japanese. And Kung Jung Mu Sul is Korean. Meh. MOBIUS, I think you'll find that most of us are pretty familiar with just about every art under the sun.

And let's not flame the guy, fellas.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 12:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The purpose of the art is to be passed on? Holy...*passes out*.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 1:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didnt say that was the purpose of the art, that was my purpose. The purpose of the art IN MY OPINION was similar to that of Kung Jung Mu Soo, which i know is Korean. We kept most of the Korean terminology when we switched to Bakido.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 1:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is it that just because I was unfamiliar with the roots of one word, that I am unfamiliar with anything outside my art?

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 1:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey now. Considering the slamming his school is taking on this thread, he's been pretty damn reasonable and frank.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 5:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello, My name is William Snowden and I am also a 5th degree Black Belt in Bakido. The people of our surrounding community and the associations and organizations that honor our art and school, not only see it as legit, but as a role model for schools everywhere. I am just curious to know how someone can assume that they have the power and authority to say that someone else's school is not legit? Anyone who does such a thing would be insulting the associations and organizations that put special recognition towards that school. I would advise that if real authorities recognize our art and have only good things to say about it that you should question yourself as to why you would want to insult them in the way that you have? To say you could not find a website for some association, does not mean it is not legit.
    Last edited by V E S P E R; 12/05/2003 5:43am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 5:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If all you have learned from martial arts is to fight, then it is I who have no respect for you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 5:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you ever thought what it means to be a martial artist?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 6:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why does it have to be full contact to be legit? The average Joe doesnt know how to fight, just how to swing his arms and legs. Most criminals dont even make it out of high school. Are you saying that if a karate school doesnt produce Warriors who can trample over anybody, then they are just producing little defensless wimps who cant fight or protect themselves?
Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast