Sponsored Links Spacer Image

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 12:15am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To answer Skummer, my ultimate goal in training is not to be able to beat the snot out of anyone or everyone. I train to perfect what I know so that when my Sensei passes (i will explain why we call him sensei later) I can teach my students the same way my Sensei taught me. Bakido is only taught here in Austin, only at this karate school. If the other 5th degree's and I do not learn how to become good teachers, or if we do not practice and perfect what we know, then the art will die.
    Ok then that is YOUR purpose. What then is the purpose of Ba Ki Do? You just admitted it's not for fighting.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 12:16am

supporting member
     Style: Shnizzletodawizzle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To answer Skummer, my ultimate goal in training is not to be able to beat the snot out of anyone or everyone. I train to perfect what I know so that when my Sensei passes (i will explain why we call him sensei later) I can teach my students the same way my Sensei taught me. Bakido is only taught here in Austin, only at this karate school. If the other 5th degree's and I do not learn how to become good teachers, or if we do not practice and perfect what we know, then the art will die.

Holy **** reading you is better than eating lots of sleeping pills.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 12:24am

Style: Bakido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly the person to ask for the purpose of Bakido would be my Sensei, however I do not believe he knows how to work a computer very well. He is aware of the postings in this forum and chooses not to reply. But about 80% of Bakido comes from other arts such as Hapkido, Judo, and Kung Jung Moo Sul.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 12:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would ask that if you have questions about Bakido, to look up and learn about Kung Jung Moo Sul. That is what we were founded on.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 12:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KUNG JUNG MU SUL - Traditional Korean Royal Court Martial Arts - is one of the 3 original martial arts of Korea (the other two being Bulkyo Mu Sul and Sado Mu Sul). It is a comprehensive martial arts system which combines kicking, punching, throwing, falling (gymnastics), joint lock and choking techniques, application of pressure-points methods, making it especially effective for self-defense. The forms (Hyung) demonstrates a "hard-soft" style with beautiful and dynamic movements, emphasizing speed, control and fluidity; weapon forms are included in the advanced levels. The physical training helps develop strength, flexibility, balance, timing, speed, and coordination. Just as important is the practice of Ki-breathing, the cultivation of mental strength and meditation, which are essential to improve and maintain health and to develop internal power. Kung Jung Mu Sul can be pursued by everyone and over an entire lifetime. "A healthy body, self-discipline and respect for others are the ultimate goals of Kung Jung Mu Sul."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 12:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 12:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "A healthy body, self-discipline and respect for others are the ultimate goals of Kung Jung Mu Sul."

Can we replace Kung Jung Mu Sul with Ba Ki Do in that sentence? Then we will have an answer to the question, "What is the purpose of Ba Ki Do?"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 12:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my opinion yes, It would be appropriate. However I am not here to speak for my Sensei, only for myself and my beliefs.

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 12:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "A healthy body, self-discipline and respect for others are the ultimate goals of Kung Jung Mu Sul."

Can we replace Kung Jung Mu Sul with Ba Ki Do in that sentence? Then we will have an answer to the question, "What is the purpose of Ba Ki Do?"

"In my opinion yes, It would be appropriate. However I am not here to speak for my Sensei, only for myself and my beliefs."

Ok then. thanks!

BTW Do you tell the students that it is not for self-defense and fighting?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2003 12:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In response to Osiris, I have never seen the word written down, and I do not know where it came from or what language it is in. It was introduced orally and is just a term we use for refering to other opponents when we are in the "around the mat" setting. In response to WhiteShark, yes the students know that they will not become lean mean fighting machines, if that is what you meant by "self defense and fighting"
Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast