Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 9:28am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys totally ignored my "c'mon fellas, let's all hug and talk about what we learned today" post and went straight to hilarious.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 9:49am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius
    You guys totally ignored my "c'mon fellas, let's all hug and talk about what we learned today" post and went straight to hilarious.
    OK...here...I love you man :XXhippylo

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 5:21pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve
    It is naive because they are two completely different techniques with two totally different functions. IMO a jab is basically a set up technique, not a finisher like a submission. In fact, oftentimes jabs are not even intended to hit their target...they are intended to close distance set up other strikes, test the waters of your opponent, etc. Thus you see many of them. Not the same for subs, though a good grappler should use ploys...but ploys are different than subs. A sub is intended to end an exchange, not start one like a jab. By their very nature they are different and can't be compared as you have. I don't even know what technique in grappling would equate to a jab, suffice to say that throwing mutiple missed jabs does not equate with multiple missed subs.
    At it's base, they are both techniques that are used in a fight. You can replace jabs with hooks, headkicks, whatever, they all have been used in MMA, and used to win. Jab, Hook, Elbows, Armbars, RNC, Leglocks, etc. Just because it doesn't neceassrily win with one, doesn't make it absurd to used it multiple times. The point I've been trying to make.
    [/quote]

I would be proud of my instructor as well...and bragging too prolly. And note my comment that it was not an absurd amount.
    Word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 5:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    What? A BJJ blackbelt needed more than one attempt? Absurd.

:hello2:
    Excellent to see you use the term properly.

My work is done.

:3some:
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    4/14/2008 8:41am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandinha
    Excellent to see you use the term properly.

My work is done.

:3some:
    Don't be absurd.

Would you have said anything if I chose a word which gave you a warm and fuzzy but nebulous nutriding feeling such as "awesome" or "sick"?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/14/2008 9:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't be absurd.

Would you have said anything if I chose a word which gave you a warm and fuzzy but nebulous nutriding feeling such as "awesome" or "sick"?
    If you answered the question I posed versus going off a tangent to prove your command of the english language was greater than mine, you wouldn't have to ask this question.

Again, your choice of words, not mine. English is a very rich language, what words you use to express yourself offers an insight into you.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    4/14/2008 9:26am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What question did you ask me did I not answer? I must have missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandinha
    Again, your choice of words, not mine. English is a very rich language, what words you use to express yourself offers an insight into you.
    Me is my favorite subject. Tell me more about me.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 4/14/2008 9:31am at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/14/2008 9:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What question? I must have missed that.

Me is my favorite subject. Tell me more about me.
    Me is everyone's favorite subject. You are an enigma, and a very game online sparring partner. It will be fantastic to meet you in person next month. :)

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/14/2008 10:23am

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    King Kong, in Cannes, on a date with Spiderman.
    Dan Dar's sitting there, scared by the killer teddy bears.
    Down town, Mini mouse is slippin Micky's in the famous grouse,
    while big bird spreads the word
    Anybody with a heart votes love.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv46NB_7QdY

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2008 12:59am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Suggesting Lennox should have given up within the 1st minute of the first round on the first attempt - to "tap and fight another day" as FLMikeATT suggests - yes it is becoming absurd.

... approaching a bullshido-esque statement, even.

:smile:
    Since so many comments have been made over my statement, you should know that I didn't watch the video until it was posted, and I meant, when a kneebar from someone who is very good at them is locked in, and you don't think you can escape, it's best to tap out.

Say for example you are fighting Imanari (another guy who is known for leg locks). Sure, you may power out of one heel hook, but when he's got it locked in, you either tap or your shits getting torn up.

Case in point, his last fight against Jean Silva, a BJJ black belt if I'm not mistaken. I believe he escaped a leg lock once, and the second one was locked in tight, and instead of tapping, Silva tried to roll out of it, and ended up having to be carried out of the ring.

If you know you can escape, do it. If it doesn't seem likely that you are going to hit the escape, fucking tap please. It's painful to watch these guys get their legs broken and knees torn up.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast