Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2008 11:16pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiNnyX4
    Yeah, I never understood why the fanbase is the way it is. I mean, I get why drunk hicks would love to see people pound on each other. But since they hate t3h gh3y jiu-jitsu wrasslin' I can't understand why don't just go watch kickboxing. Maybe since they like to see people get slammed and ground and pounded too.

I propose we create a new fight league that doesn't allow submissions or the use of the guard. Only striking and throws. Kind of like Sanda with MMA gloves + ground and pound. Maybe all the hicks will stop watching proper MMA and switch to the new format.
    I think that the way they market the UFC has something to do with this. I mean, I've seen plenty of ads which make it look like brawling. If they tried to clean up their image and focused more on submissions in the ads a bit it could help.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/17/2008 11:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiNnyX4
    Yeah, I never understood why the fanbase is the way it is. I mean, I get why drunk hicks would love to see people pound on each other. But since they hate t3h gh3y jiu-jitsu wrasslin' I can't understand why don't just go watch kickboxing. Maybe since they like to see people get slammed and ground and pounded too.

I propose we create a new fight league that doesn't allow submissions or the use of the guard. Only striking and throws. Kind of like Sanda with MMA gloves + ground and pound. Maybe all the hicks will stop watching proper MMA and switch to the new format.
    They already did that, it's called "Iron Ring".

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    4/18/2008 2:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've noticed that as well with the crowds at UFC events. However, the crowds at local venues are no doubt, still bottom-of-the-fucking-barrel.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Posted On:
    4/18/2008 3:11am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feedback
    I've noticed that as well with the crowds at UFC events. However, the crowds at local venues are no doubt, still bottom-of-the-fucking-barrel.
    My experience with local KotC has been pretty bargain basement. Some smaller events in San Diego and Hollywood turned out pretty well though.
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

Posted On:
    4/18/2008 11:27am

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feedback
    I just try to have fun with it. Instead of getting annoyed, I just try to be a bigger douchebag and yell **** even louder.

"Stop humping each other and punch him in the face now goddamit!"
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234