223777 Bullies, 3899 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 35
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Nickeroon1987 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    396

    Posted On:
    4/06/2008 9:14pm


     Style: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's usually less booing when there's something actually going on, rather than just hugging in the corner.
  2. Happy Panda is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    398

    Posted On:
    4/06/2008 9:39pm


     Style: Panda Punch

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickeroon1987
    There's usually less booing when there's something actually going on, rather than just hugging in the corner.
    Good evening drunken, belligerent redneck. Welcome to the thread, we were just talking about you.
  3. Nickeroon1987 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    396

    Posted On:
    4/06/2008 10:20pm


     Style: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Panda
    Good evening drunken, belligerent redneck. Welcome to the thread, we were just talking about you.
    Erm, "something going on" as in actually submission attempts, attempts to finish with gnp, rather than holding the guy tight and throwing short punches to rack up points.

    Edit:

    Also I'm from the city of Boston and I don't drink.
  4. Tango M.F. is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, CA
    Posts
    117

    Posted On:
    4/07/2008 12:08am


     Style: Mixed Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickeroon1987
    Also I'm from the city of Boston and I don't drink.

    ****, that's the worst kind of drunken redneck.
  5. tharuz is offline
    tharuz's Avatar

    Troll 4 life.

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    1,486

    Posted On:
    4/07/2008 12:26am


     Style: None.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    needs MOAR throws and WWE entrances
  6. FictionPimp is offline

    Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,147

    Posted On:
    4/07/2008 8:14am


     Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you should be able to win by ippon, that would stop all this ground fighting nonsense!

    Seriously though, I have noticed more people starting to talk about the 'ground game' at the bars I sometimes frequent for UFC events. So the knowledge is growing.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki
  7. Happy Panda is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    398

    Posted On:
    4/07/2008 11:09am


     Style: Panda Punch

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickeroon1987
    Erm, "something going on" as in actually submission attempts, attempts to finish with gnp, rather than holding the guy tight and throwing short punches to rack up points.

    Edit:

    Also I'm from the city of Boston and I don't drink.
    I wasn't being entirely serious, but it does look a lot like you're trying to defend that type of behavior (the booing ****). As far as I'm concerned, it's never appropriate except for maybe a clearly biased judge's decision or bad sportsmanship.

    The only reason people do it in the first place is because they don't realize that it's not as easy as it looks, you don't ever hear other fighters doing it.
  8. krazy kaju is offline
    krazy kaju's Avatar

    I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    1,197

    Posted On:
    4/07/2008 2:33pm


     Style: In Hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Panda
    I wasn't being entirely serious, but it does look a lot like you're trying to defend that type of behavior (the booing ****). As far as I'm concerned, it's never appropriate except for maybe a clearly biased judge's decision or bad sportsmanship.

    The only reason people do it in the first place is because they don't realize that it's not as easy as it looks, you don't ever hear other fighters doing it.
    Yeah, but some fights are fucking boring.

    Remember Kos vs. Sanchez? I love Koscheck, but Jesus, that fight was booooooooooooorrring.
  9. The Question is offline
    The Question's Avatar

    Octopussy!

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,592

    Posted On:
    4/07/2008 2:34pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickeroon1987
    Also I'm from the city of Boston and I don't drink.
    Dude, Beantown throwdown?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.
  10. Nickeroon1987 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    396

    Posted On:
    4/07/2008 3:31pm


     Style: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    Dude, Beantown throwdown?
    I go to school in NYC, but if there's one during the summer, I'd love to come.

    As for the booing, yeah, I agree, it's annoying and rude -- personally, I never do it. But when there's not much action, what can you expect? In the future I look forward to seeing more aggressive fighters, with strategies more based around finishing, rather than surviving.

    From what I've seen, I really think MMA is evolving and fighters becoming more skilled/nuanced in their technique, which is great.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.