Page 6 of 7 First ... 234567 Last
  1. #51

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    33
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DSL
    Btw, for KKW dans after... 4th? I believe that you have to be tested by a panel of Masters in Korea. This might have changed. But it's my understanding it does require a board of examiners, not just some random dude going 'yeah him passes'.
    No, the current regulation is that for 8th and 9th dan, the exam has to be done at the Kukkiwon which conducts "high dan" (i.e. 6th dan and up) examinations quarterly. Below 8th dan, the exam can take place anywhere. In some countries, including the USA, individual instructors can recommend students for dan certification through Kukkiwon. In other countries, the exam is given by the Member National Association. The USA Taekwondo Martial Arts Commission (MAC) recently announced that Kukkiwon has agreed to allow 8th and 9th dan examinations to take place outside of Korea. We'll have to see if that ever happens.

  2. #52

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,545
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have heard alot of the so called 6th Dans who come over by the boatloads from Korea to teach TKD are really much lower Dans.

    Another common trick is for 1st or 2nd dan students to leave their original instructors hook up with an outside organization and get their 3rd and 4th dans via videotaping their exam. How bogus is that.

    I thimks its such a money making scheme its retarded.

  3. #53
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It doesn't matter what you've heard. What matters is what you can prove.

  4. #54

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,545
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    It doesn't matter what you've heard. What matters is what you can prove.

    Well I heard you are a great teacher and a superb martial artist and a all around heckuva of a guy , but you right I can't prove it :laughing1

  5. #55
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope, you can't. I'm actually not a heckuva a guy. I'm a huge asshole.

    There's a term for "what you've heard". It's called hearsay. There is a reason hearsay is almost always inadmissable in court.

    If you know of spedific instances of Airplane Dan Inflation, that's worth discussing & investigating.

  6. #56

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,545
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    Nope, you can't. I'm actually not a heckuva a guy. I'm a huge asshole.

    There's a term for "what you've heard". It's called hearsay. There is a reason hearsay is almost always inadmissable in court.

    If you know of spedific instances of Airplane Dan Inflation, that's worth discussing & investigating.

    Its very hard to prove especially with the Koreans . It seems the koreans were always ranked higher than their Japanese counterparts at a much earlier age.

  7. #57

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    33
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    Nope, you can't. I'm actually not a heckuva a guy. I'm a huge asshole.

    There's a term for "what you've heard". It's called hearsay. There is a reason hearsay is almost always inadmissable in court.

    If you know of spedific instances of Airplane Dan Inflation, that's worth discussing & investigating.
    Here's a guy who went from 6th dan in 2001 to 8th dan in 2004:
    http://tangsoodomartialartssociety.com/aboutus.aspx

    This demonstrates that accelerated rank is not limited to Korean nationals.

    BTW, this straight from the so-called horse's mouth, but it is still hearsay under Michigan Rule of Evidence 801(c). "(c) Hearsay. “Hearsay” is a statement, other than one made by the declarant while testifying at the trial or hearing, offered in evidence to prove the truth of the matter asserted."

  8. #58
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Foxguitar,

    It's not hard at all with the Koreans. It's just as easy as with any one else.

    Keep your racism to yourself plz.

  9. #59

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,545
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    Foxguitar,

    It's not hard at all with the Koreans. It's just as easy as with any one else.

    Keep your racism to yourself plz.

    Its not racism , its a fact . I studied under Japanese instructors who were ranked lower than Korean instructors who were younger and not as good.

    It seems in the Japanese schools it does take longer and harder to earn a BB. In Korea I was told by a Korean instructor every one there is at least a first degree BB , because TKD is taught in their university and military which is mandatory .

    Didnt Chuck Norris come back from korea a BB in about a year.

    Please Im not rascist. Im willing to learn from anybody , Ive studied under Japanese , Korean , American , Black , white , I dont care if they are willing to teach me Im willing to learn.

  10. #60

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Florence, SC, USA
    Posts
    2
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Droping another big name

    Quote Originally Posted by foxguitar
    Its not racism , its a fact . I studied under Japanese instructors who were ranked lower than Korean instructors who were younger and not as good.

    It seems in the Japanese schools it does take longer and harder to earn a BB. In Korea I was told by a Korean instructor every one there is at least a first degree BB , because TKD is taught in their university and military which is mandatory .

    Didnt Chuck Norris come back from korea a BB in about a year.

    Please Im not rascist. Im willing to learn from anybody , Ive studied under Japanese , Korean , American , Black , white , I dont care if they are willing to teach me Im willing to learn.
    If I remember correctly, GM Joe Lewis earned his BB in one year from the Japanese/Okinawans. He has been quoted on this over the years.

Page 6 of 7 First ... 234567 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO