225126 Bullies, 4035 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 62
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. tkd-worker is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6

    Posted On:
    4/04/2008 9:25pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido, FMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    List of Kukkiwon Master Dans? And Certification process

    Is there a list I can consult somehwre that has the official list of high dans certified by Kukkiwon? If someone claims a high master dan, how do I confirm that claim myself, and find out who was at the certifying exam?

    I have another question too. When someone is certified at that high a level after all of their teachers have passed away, who is it that conducts the exams and certifies them?
  2. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,986

    Posted On:
    4/04/2008 10:18pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfhoward
    Is there a list I can consult somehwre that has the official list of high dans certified by Kukkiwon? If someone claims a high master dan, how do I confirm that claim myself, and find out who was at the certifying exam?

    I have another question too. When someone is certified at that high a level after all of their teachers have passed away, who is it that conducts the exams and certifies them?
    Dude you've got a lot to learn about the Kukkiwon. Are you in the US?
  3. DSL is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Albany, Oregon
    Posts
    671

    Posted On:
    4/04/2008 10:26pm


     Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems new to Taekwondo as well (spelling in style field).

    You might check:
    http://www.koreataekwondo.org
    if you read korean that is.

    Otherwise:
    http://www.kukkiwon.or.kr/english/index.jsp

    There's a link on the bottom right that says 'Check for Poom/Dan', that's what you're looking for.
  4. ninjafetus is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lubbock, TX
    Posts
    65

    Posted On:
    4/04/2008 10:53pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tkd, bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair warning: on that second link you have to type in the name EXACTLY as written on the certificate. Even if you give my first and last name, nationality, and birth date, I won't show up. You have to type in my full middle name, since that's how it is on the certificate.
  5. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,986

    Posted On:
    4/04/2008 10:58pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjafetus
    Fair warning: on that second link you have to type in the name EXACTLY as written on the certificate. Even if you give my first and last name, nationality, and birth date, I won't show up. You have to type in my full middle name, since that's how it is on the certificate.

    I'm glad you said it.
  6. tkd-worker is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6

    Posted On:
    4/04/2008 11:02pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido, FMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That search engine pretty much sucks. What I'm looking for is a list of the highest ranking masters, from 9th dan to 6th dan. Does such a list exist? It seems it should. Would be nice to know who's who. Also, I'm still curious how someone with no master can still test for highers dans. If they operate their own school, who do they go to for certification?
  7. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,986

    Posted On:
    4/04/2008 11:07pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, answer my original question. Are you in the U.S.?
  8. tkd-worker is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6

    Posted On:
    4/04/2008 11:38pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido, FMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup, in the U.S.
  9. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,986

    Posted On:
    4/05/2008 12:05am

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well usually there's a state group you can go to that coordinates the efforts for promotions and rank verifications. Some of them really suck like CA. But if you find your states group they should be able to answer your inquiries.
  10. Askari is offline

    The Bottom Brick

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,069

    Posted On:
    4/05/2008 6:24am


     Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfhoward
    That search engine pretty much sucks. What I'm looking for is a list of the highest ranking masters, from 9th dan to 6th dan. Does such a list exist?
    Such a list would comprise about 40,000 pages. Every small town in my area has an 8th dan TKD master teaching out of a 12 by 24 ft room, they are everywhere.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.