Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 12:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the question about the fire and all was directed at Omega, but it's also good to know you're ok, you seem like a nice enough guy! ;-)

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 6:21pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well there are fires going on near Brent too. I'm fine but I'm more worried for my mother in law who lost her house and all her personal belongings, my wife who grew up in that house, and my two friends who are suffering from 2nd and 3rd degree burns.

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 6:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thats very bad news man.
    im sorry for you and your loved ones.
    take care.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 7:44pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo00001
    Thousand Oaks is about 15 miles from me... We are fine, but of course, right now I am missing all the fire fun because I am 300 miles north of my house in Monterey Bay....

I pretty sure that the fires are quite a distance from my house. I love Legends in Hollywood, because you can run into all sorts of people there. Eddie Bravo is another guy that I have picked his brain for techniques and he is there all the time.

Brent
    That's a funny situation. You being a cop and him being a pot head. Is there any awkward moments?

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 7:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke
    That's a funny situation. You being a cop and him being a pot head. Is there any awkward moments?
    yeah but he's a california cop, so that's like saying that a new york cop would find it awkward being friendly with a habitual jaywalker.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 10:04am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Eddie Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke
    Well, no awkward moments really... He understands my position and doesn't try and force anything on me. His love for smoking a doobie here, there and everywhere is the reason that I can't have an official association with him, no matter how good he is.

I would love to work with him on ground techniques for officers, however, simply due to his love for that plant, puts any official association out of the question.

I could never had him come teach at the "Force Instructor" seminars, no matter how good he is or how much he has to offer.

Funny thing is that when I first started talking with him, I asked him if he had anything against the Police, and he said he doesn't. I also have to say that he is truly a nice guy, and in my opinion a great fighter and instructor.

Of course, as usual, he has a very high level of natural ability that I can never teach officers, such as flexability. Cops wearing tailored pants, body armor, gunbelts can't really pull "rubber guard" or do anything Eddie does, so I wanted to work specific escapes with him. His teaching, seminar schedule and training among other things prevented us from ever really working on stuff together, which was probably good for my career. Even though pot isn't a "big deal" in most people's minds, it can be a very bad career move for a cop just through association.

Brent

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 11:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo00001

Funny thing is that when I first started talking with him, I asked him if he had anything against the Police, and he said he doesn't. I also have to say that he is truly a nice guy, and in my opinion a great fighter and instructor.
    Did you ever ask him how he felt about 9/11 and other conspiracies?
    He's a weird one, great grappler, but has some weird ideas.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 1:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Threadicus Shiticus
    Did you ever ask him how he felt about 9/11 and other conspiracies?
    He's a weird one, great grappler, but has some weird ideas.
    Nope, I haven't sat down and had any long conversations with him other than in regards to techniques and the problems faced by Law Enforcement due to the equipment and how that limits techniques...

Brent

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 5:21pm

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This caption, from Frank Dux's MySpace is interesting:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=5403976

No joke dare ask my heir apparent, SWAT expert/instructor Officer Brent Ambrose how I taught him how to duck a bullet, ala Executioner Novel
    So, I'm asking.
    <insert witty comment>

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 5:38pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Brent:

I have a question. There is a controversy over whether Frank Dux told people in the 1980s that he had:

1) Seen combat in vietnam and/or southeast asia as a marine.

2) Earned decorations for such combat.

Did he ever tell you #1 or #2 and if so what were his stories?
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 11/20/2008 5:45pm at .
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 LastLast