Administrator

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 10:07am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo00001
    You are saying that I am a Troll? If so, how would I know that my picture was on the Inside Kung Fu web page... It doesn't say my name anywhere on that page so it wouldn't come up on a search engine.

It's fine that you think that maybe I am a Troll, heck, now I can stop replying to posts... No probelm, thanks for the Easy exit plan...

Ok, take care and be safe... Train hard and one day when you grow up, maybe you can be an instructor too....

Later..

B.A.
    Ignore tharuz he actually is a troll.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 10:08am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    You say "gotta run to the mat", do you do MMA (grappling) now...I just don't see what all the Kung Fu does for a police officer...
    You don't see what Kung Fu can do for a police officer? There are nations out there that train their officers in nothing but Kung Fu. I think that there are techniques in all arts that can be applicable for Law Enforcement as long as you know the rules by which you play. It is kind of funny... When I trained with Eyal (Top Krav Maga guy from Israel), and he couldn't understand why in the world we couldn't simply hit people in the head for doing specific things. His answer for just about everything was "Hit him in the head" and we said that here in California that would be excessive force. Every country has a different play book, and here in the USA, we probably have the most rules by which we have to play the game.

B.

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 10:19am

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No matter what you think of Dillman, you have to respect his reputation in the 70's and 80's as a record holder in breaking and competition. I know that both he and Dux have a lot of people questioning their credibility, but hey you know what, both of them have been around for a long time and I am sure you could learn at least one thing from each of them that you didn't know.
    Dux's kumite story has long been debunked as crap and Dillman has gone wild with the no-touch knock outs and made himself look like a fool. You should know that these days listing those two on a CV will give you credibility issues.

As for the question about joking... Glad you got my sense of humor, some times my wife says that my jokes are not funny. I never heard the name "Elmore" before yesterday (or at least that I can remember... Im getting old, give me a break). I do know the name Ashida Kim, but had not heard it brought up in quite some time... Did he ever fess up to being "Christopher Hunter"? I would love to lean the "Kata Dante" from the master (another joke here, please laugh now)....
    There's plenty on both Phil Elmore and Ashida Kim on here, including some folks actually trying to take Kim up on his challenge. They are both the source of many laughs.

As for Ninjerism, I don't know what that is... Please fill me in.... Hey, nobody have me crap for studying with Bussey, why is that? I never got a chance to study with Hatsumi or Hayes, will I get crap if I say that someday I would love to do that too?
    Nobody gave you crap directly for studying with Bussey but that and your association with Dux are probably where the "ninjarism" questions come from. Ninjarism here being a colloquialism for thinking you're a ninja. I get it though, I wanted to be a Ninja in the 80's and well into the early 90's but it turned out to be all bullshit. Hell I even bought Bussey's book at some point. These days I would not bother with Hatsumi or Hayes unless you have time (and money) to waste and want to role play at being a ninja. There are plenty of threads on the Bujinkan on this site, some serious some not so serious, discussing both its technical and historical legitimacy. They should be required reading before deciding to embark and more adventures into "ninjering".
    Last edited by rw4th; 11/18/2008 10:22am at .
    <insert witty comment>

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 10:21am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are saying that I am a Troll? If so, how would I know that my picture was on the Inside Kung Fu web page... It doesn't say my name anywhere on that page so it wouldn't come up on a search engine.
    Don't take it the wrong way. This site has a genuine problem with trolls coming on claiming to be someone else, and trying to run their name into the ground for kicks. (This could be settled by someone contacting Mr Ambrose independently and seeing if he's ever heard of this website.)
    Last edited by CrackFox; 11/18/2008 10:24am at .

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 10:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bas Rutten (My ground coach)
    Well well well. That just about makes up for anything.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 10:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    You want me to call him? Why?
    To make sure Rambo00001 is actually Brent Ambrose. Nothing insidious, nothing accusatory. I'm sure that he wouldn't want someone else posing as him here.

Beyond that, this isn't MABS, and to the best of my knowledge, nobody's accused Mr. Ambrose of anything substantial. Assuming the following:
    -Rambo00001 is Brent Ambrose
    -Mr. Ambrose hasn't materially misrepresented himself, his history, or his credentials
    -Mr. Ambrose is willing to go to reasonable lengths to support his claims
    -Mr. Ambrose doesn't take it personally that some of the arts he's trained in and people he's trained with are not held in high regard here
    -Mr. Ambrose realizes that, much like everywhere else, some of the people here are dicks for no good reason

... then there shouldn't be any issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 11:28am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rambo00001 is Brent Ambrose, always has been and always will be, I won't be changing it to hide from anybody.

What do I have to lie about? I am not trying to get any of you to come to my classes, I could care less... I have more than enough business. In fact, I need to retire from police work so I can do all the classes that people want me to do.

I don't take anything personally... I trained with a lot of people and have NOTHING to hide. If I did, do you think I would have just simply left it out? As for Dillman and his No-Toch stuff, yeah, I have seen it and I don't buy into it, nor do I think that it would have any application to MA other than as a trick... I do however know for a fact that Dillman knows the human body and where to push to make it hurt or turn a limb numb. Thats the extent of Kyusho that I am interested in.

I know there are dicks everywhere, it is no sweat off my back, and I am not here to prove anything. Why should I even try? I dunno.. I really don't care if you believe me or not, I am a busy guy teaching.

In addition to the MA, I teach California State certified courses in
    SWAT
    Firearms (Both Pistol and Rifle)
    Sniper
    First Aid/CPR
    Taser and Taser Instructor
    Defensive Tactics
    Bicycle Patrol

Just to name a few... Hey, have a great day, and go train... I don't care what you train in as long as it works... Be safe

Brent Ambrose

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 11:37am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bas

Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus
    Well well well. That just about makes up for anything.
    What do you have against Bas? Bas is a Maniac... I have trained with some of the Gracie clan, but I like Bas as he knows quite a few cheat moves on the ground. In fights involving Law Enforcement officers on the ground, there is no octagon, no "Big John McCarthy" (Did you know his Father was one of the first LAPD SWAT officers? Great guy and a good friend, I know his dad better than I know John)...

For you non-Law Enforcement people out there, you have to understand that Officers are usually weaing a uniform and gun belt. When we go to the ground, we have to protect that firearm which means we usually have to use our "strong" hand to keep it in the holster. For some of us, we have to use our other hand to keep the Taser in it's holster, so officers on the ground basically can't use their hands...

Getting up as quickly as possible while maintaining all weapons is our primary goal. Yeah I cheat, fair fights are for MMA...

Brent

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 11:45am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rambo00001 is Brent Ambrose, always has been and always will be, I won't be changing it to hide from anybody.

What do I have to lie about? I am not trying to get any of you to come to my classes, I could care less... I have more than enough business. In fact, I need to retire from police work so I can do all the classes that people want me to do.
    It's something that's happened here before. Someone posts something asking about someone else, and then the person in question turns up, and says some controversial things.

Eventually regulars from the board arrange to meet the guy, who never turns up, as it was just some random impostor posting here.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 11:52am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I have told EVERYBODY my real name, and how to contact me. For those of you that are smart enough, if you look up the Burbank Police Department phone number, can obviously find out the address... I am not going to quit my job in order to run and hide...

I am not calling anybody out, as that would get me in trouble... I have nothing to prove.. Nothing to hide... What you see is what you get... If you are Law Enforcement or Military, you can come to my next course in January... I will see you there...

Brent
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast