Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 12:56am

Style: This and that

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't be surprised to have your credibility questioned here. Nobody on this site respects Dillman. Nobody. And there are very good reasons for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo00001
    Never met Ashida Kim, nor Phil Elmore... Though I wouldn't mind to some day...
    For the love of all that is good and holy in this world, tell me you are joking.

Have you ever been, or are you currently associated with Ninjerism?
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 2:12am

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I call troll.

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 9:12am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You say "gotta run to the mat", do you do MMA (grappling) now...I just don't see what all the Kung Fu does for a police officer...

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 9:28am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't understand. You guys wanted to know if he existed. There he is. Nothing big here. You want me to call him? Why? What has he said that's so over the top? He teaches Police Officers? Whoopedy doo. Seriously, ask him whatever questions you feel it's not like he's teaching the cops to stop bullets.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 9:30am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Reply to H TO THE IZZO

Quote Originally Posted by H TO THE IZZO
    Insulting your hosts is never a wise strategy.

Anyone with a decent long-distance plan care to make this call?

Frank has his own credibility issues, to put it lightly.

Was not insulting the Hosts, was just pointing out that there were people here who quickly jumped on the bandwagon of "show me your belts", etc... It is kinda funny though.

As for calling, I think we have a little used 800 Number, I will try to find it out when I get back to save you some money, but I wanted you to look the number up youself so people couldn't say "he gave you a number and you called it".. Make sure it is Burbank California, because there is a Burbank (I think) Idaho, or something like that. I am in the Burbank with Jay Leno and the studios. Just ask for the "Training Manager" or you can ask for me by name.

As for Frank, yeah, he has credibility issues, but you know what, I still learned from him, and because of the training I did back in the 80's with him, I have to credit him with saving my life once.

Oh, things I forgot to bring up for you to validate my credibility, other people to conact include"

Darren Levine (USA - Krav Maga)
    Amir Perets (You may have seen him on Fight Science - Special Ops)
    Bas Rutten (My ground coach)
    George Dillman (Or any of his henchmen - Ron Baddorf, Ed Lake, Tom Cole)
    Ron Pompel - Videographer for Inside Kung Fu (or any of the Inside Kung Fu Staff)

Oh, that reminds me... Go to Inside Kung Fu Magazines website, and you will see a picture of me on the main web page (http://www.insidekung-fu.com/), thats me right next to Gina Carano and NO, that technique would not be my first to come up with against a guy with a knife, but it was for a photo shoot. You can also buy two DVD from them in which I am in that came out about six months ago on Police Kung Fu...

You can also go to www.cafi.us which stands for "California Association of Force Instructors", it is an assocaiton wich I have been president of for the last year... I did not start the association, yet was voted in as the president.

I think that I have given you guys enough of proof that I have some level of ability.

Have a great day and train hard...

Brent Ambrose

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 9:35am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

For Emet Shamash

Quote Originally Posted by EmetShamash
    Is that Frank Dux as in the guy in that Bloodsport movie?
    Yeah, thats him... I started training with him about 6 years before the movie came out. I was there when Jean Claude would come by to train and knew about the script long before the movie was shot.

Frank and I are still friends and talk about once a month. I see him a couple of times a year when he ventures down here to Southern California.

Brent

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 9:49am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrm1775
    Don't be surprised to have your credibility questioned here. Nobody on this site respects Dillman. Nobody. And there are very good reasons for this.

For the love of all that is good and holy in this world, tell me you are joking.

Have you ever been, or are you currently associated with Ninjerism?
    No matter what you think of Dillman, you have to respect his reputation in the 70's and 80's as a record holder in breaking and competition. I know that both he and Dux have a lot of people questioning their credibility, but hey you know what, both of them have been around for a long time and I am sure you could learn at least one thing from each of them that you didn't know.

As for the question about joking... Glad you got my sense of humor, some times my wife says that my jokes are not funny. I never heard the name "Elmore" before yesterday (or at least that I can remember... Im getting old, give me a break). I do know the name Ashida Kim, but had not heard it brought up in quite some time... Did he ever fess up to being "Christopher Hunter"? I would love to lean the "Kata Dante" from the master (another joke here, please laugh now)....

As for Ninjerism, I don't know what that is... Please fill me in.... Hey, nobody have me crap for studying with Bussey, why is that? I never got a chance to study with Hatsumi or Hayes, will I get crap if I say that someday I would love to do that too?

No matter what I already know, or whatever rank I hold, I will always be a student and have an open mind. It is good to keep that attitude... In fact, today I am training a 9th degree BB, in Aikido, so he has the same view of learninig that I do.

Take care, be safe and train hard.

Brent

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 9:58am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    I don't understand. You guys wanted to know if he existed. There he is. Nothing big here. You want me to call him? Why? What has he said that's so over the top? He teaches Police Officers? Whoopedy doo. Seriously, ask him whatever questions you feel it's not like he's teaching the cops to stop bullets.
    I prefer that officers try to avoid bullets not stop them. Oh and don't call me until next week as you will only get my voice mail because I am 300 miles north of my phone right now.

I can teach you plenty about bullets as I am a departmental Rangemaster, and have done 19 years on SWAT teams also. If you have valid questions about fiearms, I can probably answer them for you also...

Ok, time to get dressed and out the door to the training site...

Have a great day and for the love of god, please do not try to stop any bullets, they will win...

Brent

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 9:59am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo00001
    No matter what you think of Dillman, you have to respect his reputation in the 70's and 80's as a record holder in breaking and competition. I know that both he and Dux have a lot of people questioning their credibility, but hey you know what, both of them have been around for a long time and I am sure you could learn at least one thing from each of them that you didn't know.
    Just to warn you, this doesn't garner respect from a large number of posters on bullshido.

As for Ninjerism, I don't know what that is... Please fill me in.... Hey, nobody have me crap for studying with Bussey, why is that? I never got a chance to study with Hatsumi or Hayes, will I get crap if I say that someday I would love to do that too?
    Ninja Ninjutsu or other larpatatsic discipline.

Yes, some people will flame you.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2008 10:03am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tharuz
    I call troll.

You are saying that I am a Troll? If so, how would I know that my picture was on the Inside Kung Fu web page... It doesn't say my name anywhere on that page so it wouldn't come up on a search engine.

It's fine that you think that maybe I am a Troll, heck, now I can stop replying to posts... No probelm, thanks for the Easy exit plan...

Ok, take care and be safe... Train hard and one day when you grow up, maybe you can be an instructor too....

Later..

B.A.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast