Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 4:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what the **** what the **** what the ****...

rambo000001...are you serious?!

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 5:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo00001
    What would you like to know?

I started in Kempo Karate in the 70's, then due to the fact that there was very little martial arts in the US ARMY, I took Tae Kwon Do in the early 80's. Now in the middle of the great Ninja Boom, I studied with both Frank Dux and Robert Bussey. I became a police officer in the mid-80's and all my techniques couldn't end with a "neck break", so I ventured out to Aikijujutsu (Bernie Lau) and Jiu Jitsu (Japanese) to learn more in the locking arts. I became a good friend to Paulie Zink, so I started studying Tai Shing Pek Kwar (Monkey Kung Fu) and later Don Baird so I studied two different versions of Kung Fu.

My department taught Krav Maga, so they asked if I wanted to teach, and thought "what the heck, i'll learn another art" so during the early 90's I started in Krav Maga. I have studied KM with both Darren Levine (US) and Eyal Yanilov (Israel).

Never satisified with learning, I started training in Kyusho (pressue points) under Dillman, Lake and others.

And lastly, last July, I obtained an instructor certification under Moshe Galisko in Kapap.

Currently I hold high ranking belts/teaching certifications in five arts and what I teach is a blend of all those.

Depending on what you want to learn, dictates what I teach. If you are in California and you want me to teach a State Certified course, then I will teach the curicullum which I previously got approved which involves a substantial amount of Krav Maga. If you want to learn Ninjitsu (Ninjutsu), we can cover that. If you want to learn Kysuho Jitsu, then we can discuss that and lastly if you want to learn Kung Fu (Chin Na) or Kapap, then those arts can be covered also.

Brent Ambrose
    Hi Brent,

You list a number of arts, and mention that you have teaching certification or "high ranking belts" in each.

Just for clarity, can you give a simple list of which arts you have teaching certification in, and how long you trained in them?

Thanks.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 5:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    something tells me he is way too busy with teaching, since he's actually training, unlike us.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 5:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rambo00001,

I hope this doesn't offend you, but since this is the Internet, where anyone can claim to be anyone else, would you be willing to verify that you are, in fact, Brent Ambrose? (There might be an Instructor tag in it for you)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 5:41pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, do you still teach in California?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 6:01pm

Style: Hammer Fisting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you also have a black belt from Ashida Kim and Phil Elmore?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 6:56pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never met Ashida Kim, nor Phil Elmore... Though I wouldn't mind to some day...

As for do I still teach in California, the answer is yes... I am currently teaching a 2 week Defensive Tactics Instructor Course for California POST... I will be teaching another course the last week of January, first week of February if you want to come, it will be in Sherman Oaks (go to www.kravmaga.com for details) and look under Law Enforcement. Sorry, that course is only open to L.E. officers. I know that this forum is full of people who just like to gripe, moan and complain so I will not buy into that. For those of you that want to verify if I exist and what I tell you is true, feel free to look up the Burbank Police Department and give them a call, ask for me.

For those of you that still doubt, if you know actual trainers/teachers, feel free to ask them if they know me.

Tak Kubota
    Paulie Zink
    Richard Bustillo
    Robert Bussey
    Frank Dux
    Don Baird
    Steve LaBounty

Yeah, I am name dropping, but they are my friends none the less and can vouch for me. If you want to meet me, I told you how to get hold of me, so feel free.... I will then show you any belts, certificates, letters of recommendation etc if you truly are that interested.

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 7:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know that this forum is full of people who just like to gripe, moan and complain...
    Ohhhh...WHY do people have to write things like THAAAAT?

Srsly, your impression is likely due to the fact that you've been reading the wrong Bullshido subforums. The paradox of BSD is that everyone knows that people pummeling and cranking other people is pretty side-splitting ****....as in Three-Stooges-funny, Charlie-Chaplin-funny, Jackie-Chan-funny. The central forum and foundation of BSD is, therefore, YMAS. That's where those who have some notion of reality (the hilarity inherent in MA) are posting.

This in contrast to Those Who Take Martial Arts Seriously. Their deluded perceptions lead them to think that people pummeling and cranking each other is some kinda serious biznitz. Their funereal contributions may be found in peripheral subforums like DHS, Gitmo and Strikeistan. Kindly ignore these pompous--but ultimately unimportant--gatherings and stick with the real: YMAS...the very essence of the BSD forum. It'll make for a better stay here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 7:31pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is that Frank Dux as in the guy in that Bloodsport movie?

is badder than you

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 7:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know that this forum is full of people who just like to gripe, moan and complain so I will not buy into that.
    Insulting your hosts is never a wise strategy.

For those of you that want to verify if I exist and what I tell you is true, feel free to look up the Burbank Police Department and give them a call, ask for me.
    Anyone with a decent long-distance plan care to make this call?

Frank Dux
    Frank has his own credibility issues, to put it lightly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast