11/20/2008 5:47pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rw4th
    This caption, from Frank Dux's MySpace is interesting:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=5403976

So, I'm asking.

Whats, the "Executioner Novel"? He has a new book and I made it into it? Wow, how cool is that...

Well, I did dodge a bullet once, and I will see if I can get the news clippings to scan when I get back home for ya...

I did in fact "Dodge" a bullet, however it was not a super planned thing. When the gun was comming up, my head was going down, we passed seconds before he squeezed the trigger. Bullet narrowly missed my head. In fact, my face tested positive during the GSR (Gun Shot Residue) test afterwards. The criminal was a LA Gang Member by the name of Michael Miller and he got 13 years for it.

It happended shortly after I stopped training with Frank in the late 80's, and I was pretty fast back then. I did thank him for helping me have quick reflexes.

The second time somebody tried to kill me (a guy by the name of Tibor Rudas), tried to stab me in the stomach 4 times with a 12" kitchen knife. Once again, I was pretty fast and dodged it each time, never getting cut. I was in a narrow hallway and couldn't back-up because people were behind me. I broke leather and went to shoot the guy, but he quickly turned and ran, and I would have shot him in the back. I didn't want to do that in his own home. Would have looked bad when the news media got hold of it.

The third time was when a woman tried to run me over with a car, striking me which made me fly up on the hood. She did it on purpose and went to jail (I don't remember her name).

Those are the three times... For those of you that knew or know Frank, you have to admit that he has a GREAT memory. This is something that had not been talked about for quite a few years and here ouot of the blue it comes around and surfaces again.

Where did you find this? I'm interested... I'm also interested in if I am in a book or not, I don't know anything about this...

Brent

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 5:51pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
    Hi Brent:

I have a question. There is a controversy over whether Frank Dux told people in the 1980s that he had:

1) Seen combat in vietnam and/or southeast asia as a marine.

2) Earned decorations for such combat.

Did he ever tell you #1 or #2 and if so what were his stories?
    I trained with Frank from 1983 through about 1987 or so... I had never heard any stories of his service in Vietnam... I have since seen a couple of pictures, one of him in a foxhole, with what appears to be a revolver, and another picture of him from what I believe was his Marine Corps Basic Training.

Though I had heard many stories over the years, I had not been told personally that he served any time in a Marine Corps capacity anywhere near Vietnam...

Brent

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 6:15pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    During that time period did he ever tell you that he had seen combat in Laos or Vietnam as an agent or employee of the CIA?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 7:39pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
    During that time period did he ever tell you that he had seen combat in Laos or Vietnam as an agent or employee of the CIA?
    I thought I answered it... No, I never heard him say those specific things.... In fact I don't believe that I ever herd him say that he did anything in Viatnam.. I heard other stories around that time, and knew the script for Blood Sport years before it was shot.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 8:33pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys, I trained with a lot of people, including Frank Dux, I don't shy away from it, nor will I ever say that I didn't learn from him and the other blackbelts of the early 80's.. In fact, it is where I got my first taste of the Israeli Arts as quite a few different people passed through the doors in those days. Including different special operatives, which included a group of commandos. I remember one night I had a finger dug so deep in my right eye socket I thought for sure my eyeball was going to come out. well, it didn't and I learned several valuable lessions from it. Including no matter how bad I thought I was in my early 20's, there always was somebody better.

To today, I strive to be that somebody that knows more. I don't buy into anything without being on the receiving end, and don't believe all the hype I hear from anybody. I analize techniques from the perspective of will it get you killed? If so, I would never train in it nor would I teach it. I teach only what I believe in today.

Anybody out there that is thinking about jumping on me about any art or person I trained with had better step back for a moment and ask themselves this... Have you ever been in a gunfight? Have you ever been shot at from a close distance? Has anybody ever really tried to stab you with a knife or other sharp object? Have you ever really been in a fight or just when you were in elementary school?

Don't even try and judge me if you have not or are not willing to actually test your abilities in real life and death situations, like I have...

Do you believe that BJJ is the end all be all art and that it is a valid street fighting system?

If you do, then there is no discussing the issues...

Brent

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 8:42pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frank has a pretty good idea what I think about his claims. I don't blame you for what he has said. However I strongly disagree with you that I have to get shot at or have to have someone try to stab me to question Frank's stories.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Someone else can argue BJJ with you, since I've never said it's the be and end all art.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 8:59pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once again, I never said anything about what you said. I did not say that you needed to be shot at, I was responding to the overall arguments that I got when I first posted here. I also never said anything about you having to be shot at or stabbed at to question anybody or any art. I was just saying that I have been willing to put my martial arts to the true tests, that of the Military and Law Enforcement, which I more than most people are willing to do.

Brent

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 10:37pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anybody out there that is thinking about jumping on me about any art or person I trained with had better step back for a moment and ask themselves this... Have you ever been in a gunfight? Have you ever been shot at from a close distance? Has anybody ever really tried to stab you with a knife or other sharp object? Have you ever really been in a fight or just when you were in elementary school?

Don't even try and judge me if you have not or are not willing to actually test your abilities in real life and death situations, like I have...
    Actually, you'd be surprised out how many have. I like your posts even if, I don't agree with everything. Let's not turn this into a e-penis measuring contest please.

No one is judging you yet. You are just being asked questions about a former associate.

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 11:21pm

Style: This and that

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo00001
    Whats, the "Executioner Novel"? He has a new book and I made it into it? Wow, how cool is that...
    He was almost certainly referring to this book series. I think its where he gets material for half of his stories.

That being said, you do sound pretty genuine, so please forgive our earlier suspicions. Names like Dux and Dillman raise a lot of eyebrows around here. Dux also probably isn't doing you any favors by referring to you as his "heir apparent."
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 11:29pm

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frank Dux.... for some reason when I hear that name I always think of Japanese cartoons. He fabricates his stories in a similar way.
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 111213 LastLast