Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2008 5:02pm

Style: Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Police Trainer

I ran across the name of an officer down in SoCal named Brent Ambrose. He is a trainer for defensive tactics classes. I was just wondering if anyone has trained with him or his group.

One site I found said that he was inducted to the "martial arts masters Hall of Fame". I could not find any reference to his style.

Just curious if anyone knows of him.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 2:37pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My Background as a Trainer

What would you like to know?

I started in Kempo Karate in the 70's, then due to the fact that there was very little martial arts in the US ARMY, I took Tae Kwon Do in the early 80's. Now in the middle of the great Ninja Boom, I studied with both Frank Dux and Robert Bussey. I became a police officer in the mid-80's and all my techniques couldn't end with a "neck break", so I ventured out to Aikijujutsu (Bernie Lau) and Jiu Jitsu (Japanese) to learn more in the locking arts. I became a good friend to Paulie Zink, so I started studying Tai Shing Pek Kwar (Monkey Kung Fu) and later Don Baird so I studied two different versions of Kung Fu.

My department taught Krav Maga, so they asked if I wanted to teach, and thought "what the heck, i'll learn another art" so during the early 90's I started in Krav Maga. I have studied KM with both Darren Levine (US) and Eyal Yanilov (Israel).

Never satisified with learning, I started training in Kyusho (pressue points) under Dillman, Lake and others.

And lastly, last July, I obtained an instructor certification under Moshe Galisko in Kapap.

Im sure that I have left out quite a few different little arts, systems that I have studied over the years, so i apologize to any instructors who may be offended by being left out of this short resume.

Currently I hold high ranking belts/teaching certifications in five arts and what I teach is a blend of all those.

Depending on what you want to learn, dictates what I teach. If you are in California and you want me to teach a State Certified course, then I will teach the curicullum which I previously got approved which involves a substantial amount of Krav Maga. If you want to learn Ninjitsu (Ninjutsu), we can cover that. If you want to learn Kysuho Jitsu, then we can discuss that and lastly if you want to learn Kung Fu (Chin Na) or Kapap, then those arts can be covered also.

Hope this answers your question

Brent Ambrose

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 3:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, how long did you study under George Dillman and what rank did you reach?

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 4:29pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy can't be for real ...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 4:48pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dillman

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox
    Hi, how long did you study under George Dillman and what rank did you reach?
    I have been working with DKI for about 10 years now... I started with a seminar from Ed Lake, and later worked with Dillman as well as about 6 of his high ranking BBs...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 4:52pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM
    This guy can't be for real ...
    Why not? I have been involved in M.A. for over 31 years now, and have trained with many different masters / grand masters... For the last two weeks, I have been teaching at a training class with Steve LaBounty (Of Ed Parker Fame).. This is what I do for a living... Ok gotta run and get on the mat...

Brent

You have to work the look.

Posted On:

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo00001
    I have been working with DKI for about 10 years now... I started with a seminar from Ed Lake, and later worked with Dillman as well as about 6 of his high ranking BBs...
    So you bought into his bullshit?

Registered Member

Posted On:

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a question. You joined the forum over a year ago, but never posted until now. This thread was posted in April, why did you wait 7 months to answer?

Not a big deal, it just seems odd.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 4:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not totally... He has a very good understanding of the Pressure Points, which are very important to Police Officers.. I don't totally buy into every theory, nor do I find any use for the idea of any parlor tricks such as "no touch knockouts"...

I do however believe that pressure points can disrupt balance though pain, and thats the extent that I use them for.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 4:58pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cuz I didn't have reason to or time to sit around this forum posting. I had one of my students in this class come up to me and tell me that he "Googled" me and found some things, so I did just that. I found out that somebody had posted here asking about my background so I decided to come introduce myself. Thats it. If you don't believe me then there is nothing I can do. I am very busy teaching, and in fact I have to get on the mat so I will have to run.

Brent
Page 1 of 13 1 234511 ... LastLast