Sponsored Links Spacer Image

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/04/2008 5:12pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recommend looking at the seams where the chains attach to the bag. The sturdier the better, because this is where most of my bags have ripped over the years. Six chains is better than four. Title bags have worked out far better for me than Century or Everlast.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2008 8:34pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a fair warning. Stuffing a Bannana bag your self can be a huge pain in the ass. You can find them fairly cheep on e-bay, and Kwon has one that is 99$ not stuffed. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/04/2008 10:12pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** Kwon.

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    4/04/2008 11:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KO Fightgear sells 100 lb and 130 lb banana bags for $170.00 and $199.00, respectively:

http://kofightgear.com/heavybag.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2008 11:56pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    **** Kwon.
    I am not a big fan of theirs either. Had one of their bags rip bad one time. Back in the early to mid 90s they were one of the only places to get some things (Liek bannana bags and Thai Pads) These days they are all over the place. I agree there are a ton of better options out there now days.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 11:32am

Style: Ha Say Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you get anything under a hundred and fifty pounds you will be wanting something heavier in a few months. Get leather.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    9/18/2008 5:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Miracleman
    KO Fightgear sells 100 lb and 130 lb banana bags for $170.00 and $199.00, respectively:

http://kofightgear.com/heavybag.htm
    Abracadabra - thread necromancy. Any reviews of the KO Fightgear bags? They're vinyl instead of leather. I'll be hanging it outside under cover on my back porch. Seems like the vinyl would be more resistant to mold and mildew, but would the vinyl last as long in terms of repeated impact stress?
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/18/2008 5:44pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They actually have a bag that is made for outside. It has a nevatear outer and I think it is filled with rubber on the inside. So it is supposed to be able to get wet and dry without molding. That's what they say any way. I've got a 70lb bag and hated it the first time I bought it. I went up to a 100lb bag and loved it. Then I got a 110lb bag from grant and I love it. It is the best. Big and heavy and they stuffing doesn't sink all the way to the bottom too bad. I've had it for about 6 months and use it 3 times a week. You can't even tell I've been using it.

I don't see any reason to go heavier than that. I'm a hard puncher and kicker and the movement isn't bad on the 110lbs.

Are you going to hang it from the roof or get a stand? That makes a difference too.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    9/18/2008 7:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke
    They actually have a bag that is made for outside. It has a nevatear outer and I think it is filled with rubber on the inside. So it is supposed to be able to get wet and dry without molding. That's what they say any way. I've got a 70lb bag and hated it the first time I bought it. I went up to a 100lb bag and loved it. Then I got a 110lb bag from grant and I love it. It is the best. Big and heavy and they stuffing doesn't sink all the way to the bottom too bad. I've had it for about 6 months and use it 3 times a week. You can't even tell I've been using it.

I don't see any reason to go heavier than that. I'm a hard puncher and kicker and the movement isn't bad on the 110lbs.

Are you going to hang it from the roof or get a stand? That makes a difference too.
    I'm going to hang it from the roof. For now, that means steel rafters with a tin roof over a concrete deck.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/19/2008 7:39pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The main thing you have to think about when you hang it from the roof is: if the chain is long and the bag is light, then it flies all over the place when you punch or kick. If you get a bag that has a strap on the bottom or a D ring, then you can anchor it to a sand bag or something on the ground. That would keep it from moving around too much.

If you get a heavy banana bag that touches the ground, you won't have to worry about it too much. But the bottom will be scraping the ground. The 110lb Grant bag that I have, has a strap on the bottom so you can anchor it if you won't. It wasn't too expensive either.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast