Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 3:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whether it's with a shotgun, handgun, or long gun, putting lead downrange and hitting an intruder = intruder having a pretty bad fucking day. My rational: go with the gun that you are going to shoot more often. The more you shoot it, the more familiar you will be with it, the more likely you are going to be to hit your target in a stressful situation. Even .50 cal is going to be useless if you don't take it to the range often enough to be able to hit a target.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 3:36pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simio de las Rocas
    Good for removing doors at their hinges ;-)
    Bad for self inflicted collateral damage
    Good for low skill/high hit probability
    Bad(ish) for mobility in confined space
    Good for pwnage factor
    Bad for self pwnage of own family (depends upon the construction of your home)
    Good value for money
    Bad for street cred
    Good for not having to wait for a gun licence
    Bad for not being able to conceal it on you

--Dave
    +rep

I personally reccomend an M-4 or a .357 automatic with frangible ammo, but I'm a jackass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    You sound like a foaming-at-the-mouth-loon out of Dr. Strangelove.
    Sometimes, we put Ricin in the Cocaine. :ninja7:

Infidel

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 7:05pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get them before they cross the street.

Last edited by vigilus; 4/05/2008 7:24pm at .
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 7:12pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Img no worky for me mate

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 7:17pm

Style: Krav Maga/ Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meataxe
    As for shotgun vs. handgun, I recall on rec.guns a number of years back that many were of the opinion that a shotgun was a liability for anyone without training, due to lack of mobility in a confined space. And the old story of the racking pump gun scaring of the bad guy is BS. Then again, that was just rec.guns.
    I tell you what son stand on the other side of a door and have some one rack a shotgun. I don't care who you are it's a sound that will make you think twice. It's very distinct and just yells BAD DAY coming your way.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 7:54pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grant,

That's some nice twisting short of the silencer, kewl !

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 8:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I live alone in a one bedroom apartment and have a Glock 22 and a Mossberg 590. If I am in the same room with someone, the range is guaranteed to be less than 10 feet. I can also get from the bedroom to every room in the place in less than 5 seconds. Due to how I store them I'll grab the pistol first. I haven't even really given thought to ever getting the shotgun since whoever is on the recieving end of breaking in is probably fucked unless they kill me immediately. Consequently, my multiple neighbors are also extremely fucked, especially since my primary wall and the direction I would be aiming coming out of the bedroom is shared with another apartment. This is really horrible (I like this neighbor), but I value my own life more than others.

If I didn't have such a small place - and was defending a house, I might have a different idea of things. But since engagement would be pretty immediate if someone broke in while I was home I just go with the easy to grab pistol.

I also don't have any kids / let anyone who I don't trust into my apartment so I can leave the glock out with a round in the chamber.

PS. **** Newark. And in this area I truly believe that if people were aware of the facts that I had guns my apartment would get broken into so that they could steal them. Guns do not = safe.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2008 2:39pm

Style: Monkey-See-Monkey-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have done some MOUT training in the military in the past. We did everyhting in a stack, and the #2 guy and rear guy always had shotguns. We used to carry something very similar to this; http://www.remingtonle.com/shotguns/870tactical.htm which is short enough to comfortably manuver through room clearing excercises. You could load it with slugs, but there really isn't any point inside a house. You have to figure that if you engage a target in a house it'll be at a distance probably under 10 feet. #4 buck will shred any flesh at that distance, and probably won't go through thicker sheetrock. So, no worry about spread. There is something very psychological about racking a shotgun too...

GuiltySpark, is that guy wearing CADpat? Who knew that Canadians had such nice toys?

Infidel

Posted On:
    4/06/2008 3:22pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup wearing cadpat using the 'PGWDTI TIMBERWOLF TACTICAL' in .338 Lapua
    http://www.coltcanada.com/timberwolf-page.htm
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    4/06/2008 3:57pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want one of those so badly.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast