Page 2 of 17 First 12345612 ... Last
    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    Style
    Improv comedy
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Preasure points work, when you hit them very hard.

Or if you have a metal Kubaton you can grind into them.

Style
    Mostly drinking. E-chaun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    here's an even more important question that everyone seems to forget.

ok, lets give this guy and the pressure point jockeys the benefit of the doubt for arguments sake.

lets say that a pressure point, when properly executed will make you go into an epileptic fit that forces you to do the macarena or sing ethel murmon....

The MOST important thing that is missed is:

CAN YOU FUCKING LAND IT IN A REAL FIGHT or AGAINST A RESISTING OPPONENT.

sure if we are all sitting in a dojo/kwoon/star trek convention, we can all sit around and pinch each other's collar bone to see if we grow pointy ears and start singing the blues, but what if I don't let you get it?

in the time it takes you to try to attack a specific point on my body in an unusual way to execute your ewok extasy grip, I'll have punched you in the jaw about 10 times thus effectively executing my own logical version of a pressure point.

my 10 jabs, crosses hooks and uppercuts might not be as fancy, but they seem to work a hell of a lot more effectively because I can land them.

I don't even give a **** that you can turn me into a newt by sticking your finger in my belly-button and pulling up,

you will not get that unless:

1- the person lets you; or

2- moose and rocko are holding me in place; or

3- they are so drunk and stoned that to them you look like a pink elephant doing a donald duck imitation.

so please, who cares if they work or not- lets say they do, now CAN you do it?

Style
    Krav Maga/ Judo noob
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There good for pain compliance sure but i'm sure most people know that. The big question about your troll i have to ask is what do you mean by work? If you mean they can convince some one to lessen there resistance once there arm bared or chicken winged absolutely. If you mean striking some one in a pressure point makes them drop tot he ground and give up not against a resisting opponent, but they work great just like a sucker punch to the sternum.

Style
    BJJ, MT, Yoga
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I got Babelfish to work it out for me
    ne pas appeler n'importe qui un imbécile ou une déchéance sur des modèles mais une énonciation que je vis est près un homme sage peut apprendre même d'un imbécile. mon modèle de base est kokondo, changent complet. mais j'ai repris beaucoup de d'autres, je vois une nouvelle manière de regarder une couchette et si ses bons je la gardent. Je sais que des points de pression sont ries, mais ils fonctionnent, les modèles montrent juste vraiment une approche au waza, ou une signification, habituellement non mortelle. mais les wazas les mêmes, étudiant d'autres je vois l'interprétation différente au bunki ou les utilisations pour le waza. et augmente mon utilisation. Je sais que les types comme l'humain assomment pistolet peuvent être drôles et à lui. mais il y a encore quelque chose être apprennent, parce que une chose que le contact de non frappent est dehors simplement stupide. wile votre position jugeant là votre distribuerent pour jeter votre énergie à environ qu'ils battent la merde hors de vous, comme le contact de la mort de trois jours, diable vous s'inquiètent de ce type en trois jours, le temps immédiat est importante. mais avec tout le waza de hoodoo dehors il là y a une certaine bonne substance aussi. ainsi quand je me fais à amusement des personnes ne les écarte pas tout à fait. George égal.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Style
    Mostly drinking. E-chaun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe
    Preasure points work, when you hit them very hard.

Or if you have a metal Kubaton you can grind into them.

yeah, just to clarify what I just said:

I'm not referring to weapons.

add, knives, bats, kubaton, jitte, hacksaws, etc. the world changes.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Yeah, your art's complete alright. Complete crap.

Style
    Improv comedy
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a trad JJ guy who always broke your kazushi before a throw, Hari O goshi or what ever, by slap/punching you in the solar Plexus, just hard enough to make you go "uhhh" and bend over a bit.

Also when he went for O Soto he would chop your bicep and slid his arm and smack you in the neck, both sent shocks through your body thus making it easier to throw you.

So yes it can work.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....
    Style
    JKD & Mok'bara
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dunno - you disappear for a few months and when you come back nothing has changed!

I refuse to accept instruction form a man who "judo chops" a pensioner who cannot see his own equipment when he needs to pee

Style
    Improv comedy
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic
    I dunno - you disappear for a few months and when you come back nothing has changed!
    Where were you buried in the snow?

Style
    TKD, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goju: I was under the impression that this fellow was talking about slapping my wrist and my elbow and me passing out. If we're talking about solar plexus shots then there is no discussion. They work.

Page 2 of 17 First 12345612 ... Last