Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/03/2008 11:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why are people insisting a guy with 2 fights under his belt take on the top fighters in his division?

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    4/03/2008 11:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odacon
    Why are people insisting a guy with 2 fights under his belt take on the top fighters in his division?
    The internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/03/2008 12:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand how Chuck feels about Kimbo's promoters, but he didn't have to say it. Makes him sound kind of jealous of these MMA newcomers (Brock) having more fame and draw than him. I say Kimbo vs Liddell with spiked brass knuckles.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/03/2008 12:27pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    Except that Liddel's takedown defence consists of good hips and a supernatural sprawl, whereas Cung's consists of a greasy wad of bill thrust into the hands of his opponents.
    Fail.

Sherdog is calling.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    4/03/2008 12:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Fail.

Sherdog is calling.
    Shamrock did it to himself, no question, but did you watch the goddamn Fryklund fight?

blotter art.

Posted On:
    4/03/2008 1:14pm

Style: San Shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, tell me at what point in that fight Fryklund had a chance to get a takedown that he did not capitalize on.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/03/2008 1:17pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    Shamrock did it to himself, no question, but did you watch the goddamn Fryklund fight?
    Yes I did.

Did you watch the Duane Ludwig fight?

I know we have now entered the twilight zone because all I hear is the "grapplers don't take down Cung" fixed fight.

Take a good hard look at the records of those 5 fighters and get back to me. Only one had a significant winning past with submissions.

The rest were either losing to submissions or almost 50/50 either way.

So this whole grappling/takedown argument is stupid.

*EDIT*Just as dumb as the fixed fight argument. He cherry picked his opponents to pad his record IMO.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/03/2008 1:22pm at .

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/03/2008 1:19pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt W.
    I don't believe it always will be stigmatized. Either way, the fact that the uninformed stigmatize it for WRONG reasons doesn't mean we should just say, screw it! Let's let whatever POS thug that wants to jump in the cage do it!
    If someone is cleared to participate and there are no legal rules that preclude him from doing so, then yes. Let the chips fall where they may.

Also, real keen on letting that POS nazi Costa compete, are ya, Macho? Because that's what you just said.
    Costa can compete if he wishes. The constitution allows for klanners to gather, why should then Costa (or any other supremacist) be forbidden from competing?

I believe he's a POS as he still advocates racial supremacists POVs. It is not something he has done before and stopped doing it, but something he does up to this day and there is no debate on it. I'm not judging him for something he did before and which he had paid for, but for something that he's currently and actively doing now.

And yet, I'm not going to declare a jihad and demand that he be taken away his right and opportunity to compete. Let him compete and let the chips fall where they may. Same with Kimbo.

Kimbo did his time and paid his dues. And now he's trying to be legit. Do you have an specific charge against him, now, for something that he is doing now and for which he must pay now? Otherwise, it's just opinionated smoke blowing.

He committed crimes and he paid his dues. You don't charge men twice for something they have already been convicted and made paid for. Unless you have further charges that must be prosecuted, all this is simply witch hunting.

Really? What the hell else are you gonna judge someone on? What they _say_ they're going to do in the future?
    Yes in combination with what they are doing today. That's how you judge people, but taking a totalility of past AND present actions (and promises of future actions suggested by current actions.)

What exactly is he doing today that he needs to be charged or judged for?

lol
    Yeah, lol.

If he's "changed" he's gonna have to show it before I believe it.
    That is fine and dandy. If you choose not to believe he has changed, that's fine. But that doesn't preclude Kimbo (or anyone who has already paid for his crimes) to seek a new start.

If he's still a criminal, oh **** then, we made a mistake in giving him the benefit of the doubt. If he instead shows that he's a reformed man, then you simply went to judge him because of your dislike for him.

He's a criminal who has been in and out of jail and prison his whole life. He's admitted some of his incarceration was for violence and he's most likely also stolen from people and done who knows what else.
    And he paid for it. Now if you have concrete evidence against him for things he is still doing now, let's hear it.

Look, here's the simple truth of the matter.
    It is the simple interpretation of things which you have chosen to take as truth.

Kimbo sux as a fighter
    As a MMA fighter maybe.

and is a criminal who has acted like a POS for most of his life thus far.
    And he paid for it. Double jeopardy?

Frankly, I don't know why any educated fight fan would want him in the sport.
    Because it is a subjective issue, a matter of opinion. The guy can fight, he's training MMA legitimaly and so far he has not done anything that warrants him to go to prison or anything like that.

Then there is the other side of the coin where he was a criminal and POS. Whether that has bearing on who he is know or what he's capable of doing in the future, that's for you/I to believe or doubt.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 4/03/2008 1:23pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    4/03/2008 1:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who the hell says he's been in prison or that he's acted like a 'POS'? Or are we just assuming for some reason I wouldn't dream of speculating on?
    http://video.aol.com/video-detail/ki...part/708578209

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/03/2008 1:42pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently, there was a bogus interview saying he spent 10 years in prison. I don't know because, I really never looked into the matter.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a planted to push his "streetfighter" image.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast