Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 10:04am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamataz
    Holy ****, that was awesome! From now on, instead pulling down the head to finish the choke, I'm going to throw my hands up and celebrate in honor of my new hero.
    That is actually a better way tofinish the triangle IMO. If you notice he pulls his heels to his but and does a situp motion finishing the triangle without having to pull on the head.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 12:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapruder
    That is actually a better way tofinish the triangle IMO. If you notice he pulls his heels to his but and does a situp motion finishing the triangle without having to pull on the head.
    Don't you do both?

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 1:22pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe
    So how are the roids working out. Penis fall off yet?
    That made me think of this:

Nate Diaz has that "Bad Childhood Kung Fu" that seems like a winning ingredient in MMA.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 1:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meataxe
    That made me think of this:

Nate Diaz has that "Bad Childhood Kung Fu" that seems like a winning ingredient in MMA.

If I was a MMA fighter this would be my entrance song

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 3:12pm

Style: Boxing, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by selfcritical
    So while the zoo-zhitsu was pretty awesome, wtf is up with joe rogan always introducing Nate as having "great boxing".........am I just blind? He looks like he's got tourrettes in his standup.
    Yeah, I've noticed that too. I never see him throw anything like a decent punch from a decent stance.

I'm getting sick of Diaz always getting whipped for half the fight and then pulling of some miraculous sub. It happened with Maynard, with Gamburyan, with Robinson, and now with Pelligrino. He seems to be getting overpowered by EVERYONE and then takes it out of nowhere. Now, I realized that his sub game isn't a miracle and that that's his game plan, but it always seems like whoever he's fighting just has to stay smart and they'll pull it out. But if someone like Pelligrino gets caught maybe I'll just have to admit that he's actually better than everyone he else fights in a way that I don't appreciate as much and so I've got sour grapes coming out of my ears.

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 4:31pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein McFly
    Yeah, I've noticed that too. I never see him throw anything like a decent punch from a decent stance.

I'm getting sick of Diaz always getting whipped for half the fight and then pulling of some miraculous sub. It happened with Maynard, with Gamburyan, with Robinson, and now with Pelligrino. He seems to be getting overpowered by EVERYONE and then takes it out of nowhere. Now, I realized that his sub game isn't a miracle and that that's his game plan, but it always seems like whoever he's fighting just has to stay smart and they'll pull it out. But if someone like Pelligrino gets caught maybe I'll just have to admit that he's actually better than everyone he else fights in a way that I don't appreciate as much and so I've got sour grapes coming out of my ears.

He's like the Muppet Baby Nog

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2008 1:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tkd, bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kung-Fu Joe
    I'm a huge Pellegrino fan, but even I'll say that it's a bit much to call Nate's win a "fluke." Rewatch the final minute of the fight, and you'll see that Nate was very deliberate in clearing his left leg over Kurt's shoulder during the takedown. He took good advantage of a mistake made on Kurt's part.

--Joe
    What impressed me was how it also seemed like he kicked off the cage to help clear the leg, once he knew he was going down. Slick stuff.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234