Charlie Don't Surf

Posted On:
    4/06/2008 12:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

King of Kombat WWIII

I didn't go to this but heard that all three fighters from Team Relson Gracie - Austin (Kamal S., Randy V. and Ryan L.) won in the first round. A big "yeehaw!" to the Austin crew!

:hello2::hello2::karated::karated::qgreenjum:wav:

http://www.kingofkombat.com/new/fight_card_4.5.08.php

:bowdown:
    Last edited by TEA; 4/06/2008 10:38pm at .
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/06/2008 1:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, Sub Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Team Relson Gracie did a great job. They were by far the most technical fighters on the ground, with Ryan Larson and Randy Vera finishing their opponents with very fast triangle chokes, attacking from the guard. Both these guys showed really strong take down defense and great offensive ability from the guard. Kamal's championship bout was won by striking, he came out very fast and very clean early on. It was an extremely intense fight.

Another great fight of the night was Deuce King vs. Yarbough from Death Row, which went all three rounds. Yarbough took round one (in my opinion) but Deuce came out strong with strikes in round two and really sapped a lot of Yarbough's strength. Nonetheless, Yarbough managed to hold on and go the distance and really showed a lot of heart in that fight. Deuce ended up winning by unanimous decision. Deuce will be back in the next KoK and I hope that we see Yarbough fight more, too.

There were a couple of strange ref calls...in one case a fight was called very early after one fighter stumbled, but it wasn't clear that he was hurt or disoriented. The crowd was pretty vocal about their displeasure with that call. Another fight was a split decision that, at least in my humble opinion, went the wrong way. They also had some issues with the microphones and announcer audibility at the start. They also had about an hour of intermissions which seemed like a lot to me.

Overall the event was well managed and fairly professionally executed. The crowd was really into it and the home town fighters got a lot of support. The next King of Kombat is on June 7th.

Charlie Don't Surf

Posted On:
    4/06/2008 10:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am soooooo bummed I missed it. I was busy SparBBqing across town, but still would have been able to show up and sit in the back.

Here is a write up of the event.

http://thesweeterscience.blogspot.com/

Oh yeah, and Dana White decided not to put Kamal on the last "Ultimate Fighter." Kamal is a total bezerker and would have wrecked someone's **** on TUF.
    Last edited by TEA; 4/06/2008 10:46pm at .
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.