Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    4/04/2008 5:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am all for this new format. It might not weed out all the pussies, and some good fighters might get eliminated early...but it WILL weed out a bunch, and Dana will have a crew of alternates that can actually fight should there be an injury.

Awesome start to the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 4:04pm

Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel sorry for that Prince guy. His first KO, and losing his spot on the show.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 4:52pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The new format might not satisfy everyone as some tough guys might be eliminated from the start. But as long as cake eaters, thackers, blazes, abbaddis etc. are kept out while more skilled guys get their places I'm all for it.

Unfortunately I think it won't cut the mandrama. 16 guys who have to fight each other living with no entertainment other than booze for 8 weeks.. I'm sure the editors will get their mandrama quota filled easily if that's what they want to focus on.

I really hope they kicked out the last season producers. Mr. whiny guy and Mr. I jerk off to my muscles and I have a batshit crazy wife ruined the whole fucking season for me. As did Matt Hughes too, really.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 5:33pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan McScary
    snip...

2. I'm also a little bothered by the fact that these fighters were apparently brought onto the show, under the false pretense they they had "made it" onto the show, only to be informed that they had to win a fight in 48 hours just to make it into the house. I feel bad for the dudes who quit their jobs and made sacrifices to be on the show only to be sent home two days later without really gaining anything.
    I'm sure they got some nice parting gifts...

"Dude! They *gave* you that Tapout rashguard? Woah, sweeeeet!"

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer
    I thought this was the TUF 7 thread, not the results for the Florian/Lauzon fight? Crazy. Usually, you see the word "spoiler", then, one can make the choice to read it or not.

Anyway, I liked the new set up, keeps out losers like that dude who did enemas and Matt Sera's friend, Joey, who couldn't handle the cameras.
    Problem is, those guys probably would have advanced. Gabe held a belt in another promotion (WEC?) and Joey was still a Serra blackbelt even if he had a few issues.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 6:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, I'm 2 minutes into the first episode... so I haven't got much to say about the new format, but already several guys have ticked me the **** off for walking over the mats in their street shoes.

Am I being anal here?

Edit: 3 minutes in, and scratch that. ALL OF THEM DID IT, Dana made them! **** **** fucker.
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 4/05/2008 6:31pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 8:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj/ kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love Rampage and Forrest as coaches both are funny as hell, and if things go the way I want you'll all get to see some Matt Riddel and trust me hilarity will ensue as well as damn good wrestling and submissions.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 8:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matt Riddel by armbar.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345