Sponsored Links Spacer Image

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    11/18/2003 10:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uhh, so could someone explain to me at what point this thread became about ancient kung-fu masters using their Dim Mak to smash rocks and bring Lavatorr to orgasm within thee to four minutes? This is not becoming of Bullshido.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2003 10:59pm

Style: 70's Funk

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    can't help it, we have an obsession with poking things with our body parts

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    11/19/2003 12:21am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this conversation is getting retarded.

i think they had this discussion in china in the 70's. that's why there's something called san shou today.

mao fucked up a lot of things. give china a chance. it was dealing with social upheaval and widespread starvation only 30 years ago.

and most great CMA's are in china, taiwan, or HK. big fucking surprise. most great chinese food is over there as well.

and this ancient conditioning practice stuff is a BS argument. what people did in the past has no relevance.

there's a billion people in china. the idea that they lost all real CMA is ridiculous. the idea that modernization can't create positive developments how CMAs are taught and practiced is also ridiculous.

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    11/19/2003 12:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Osiris
    I find it quite interesting how these "kung fu" guys with amazing skill can show off for a wondrous audience but can never show fellow fighters in a competitive enviroment.
    I guess Asia didn't beat your ass hard enough.
    I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and I see STUPID looking back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2003 4:02am

Style: 70's Funk

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Jenfucius
    this conversation is getting retarded.
    and you are expecting anything more here?
    ask for miracles why don't you... bah...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2003 11:34am

Style: japanese jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

extreme view of both sides

Originally posted by Jenfucius
    mao fucked up a lot of things. give china a chance. it was dealing with social upheaval and widespread starvation only 30 years ago.
    My favorite Mao story. . .

When discussing ag policy, he had an edict along the lines of "rice are like comrades and wants to work closely with its fellow rice." Anyhow, based on his pronouncement, they planted the rice 5-10 closer together than they should have. The result: the crop failed and several million people starved to death.

Damn, how the hell did such a loon end up running the world's most populous nation?

and this ancient conditioning practice stuff is a BS argument. what people did in the past has no relevance.
    I mostly agree. However, I suggest this is a minority opinion for most people who practice Chinese systems (NOTE: I considered adding the qualifier "in the West"). Overall, there is way too much reverence for "training like the old masters did."

there's a billion people in china. the idea that they lost all real CMA is ridiculous. the idea that modernization can't create positive developments how CMAs are taught and practiced is also ridiculous.
    No doubt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2003 6:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't we just do a "what's right with kung fu today" thread? As well as being more positive, we could easily keep it confined to one page.

Titan

Posted On:
    11/20/2003 6:17am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Posted On:
    11/20/2003 6:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I guess you don't need that for fighting..................." KungFuDoesWork is correct in his implication.

MMA phil is correct.
    Last edited by Blad3; 11/20/2003 6:46am at .
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    11/20/2003 2:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the reason it would take a one page is that you only have a handfull of guys that actually do a kung fu style on this borard that know enough to comment. The rest are doing "X" jutsu and wouldn't have the slightest clue beyond what is force fed to them by their peers and teachers.
    I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and I see STUPID looking back.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast