Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/20/2003 2:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was thinking of having something else bronzed but...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2003 2:37pm

Style: Chu-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    light to moderate PC's are a great warm-up for heavy deads. They warm not only the specifc muscles used in a dead but all the back / leg / arm muscles as well.

Posted On:
    11/20/2003 4:12pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cool, I am gonna try that next time around.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2003 5:27pm

Style: Chu-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW 320 for 10 reps is impressive. I never work out with more than 275 for reps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2003 8:48am

Style: BJJ, No-Gi, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    here's another opinion of the "power clean" :
    http://www.musclechemistry.com/showthread/t-560.html

Ten years ago if someone was to ask me "if you only could do one exercise, what would it be?" _I would have said the squat. Today without question I would say the POWER CLEAN. This has become the ultimate ball buster in our gym.
    _The former head wrestling coach at __________ S.U. _went to the strength and conditioning coach and asked for help. _ What came from months and months of work between these to hardcore SOBs was a completely different way of doing business. Some of witch most of you would think I was full of ****, so I wont get in to it.
    _Anyway back to the topic. We were introduced to the POWER CLEAN. Sure everyone knows the basics of the clean but how many really work them as a core exercise like they would bench? Not many. In a nut shell "THEY SUCK", they are hard, they hurt, and when your done you need a nap(like 8-12 hours) They are not your pre-Friday night pump for you pretty boy. I have seen wrestlers gain more overall strength, speed, agility, and even cardio condition than any other single exercise. Try working them in and you will see all your other core exercises go up. ie bench, squat. I'm not talking about 3 sets ether, but 8 to 10sets. Start with 2x10, then drop to 5x5 then do some 3s . _Not this slow stuff, I'm talking about exploding, be a fucken animal,get mean, get loud, scare women and childern, run all the pussies out of your gym! Now thats fucken training- hang and bang- O the props talking again!

Posted On:
    11/21/2003 8:54am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have only been doing deadlifts for maybe 6 months, so my squats are still better then my deadlifts.
    But I think at a bodyweight of 170 ( give or take a few pounds, more take then give), deadlifting 320 for ten is pretty good. Its my grip that gives out though, should I use straps or hooks?

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    11/21/2003 8:59am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've always wondered WHY anyone would use straps and/or hooks. Not that I don't know what they do I do. But I don't know why one would use them. If yougrip is giving out, then you need to develop a stronger grip. So why would you give your grip a crutch and stop making it stronger? If you are a body builder I could understand but anyone who is lifting for "practical strength" why weaken your grip?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2003 8:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    holy ****, Ronin. you're deadlifting 320--without straps?!
    I like to use lifitng straps on deadlift and rows once i get into heavier ranges- that way i don't have to freak about my grip failing and can concentrate on the rest of the lift.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2003 9:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ronin: one deadlift are you using an over and under grip? I use a both hands over grip on my deads.

Posted On:
    11/21/2003 9:04am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use both hands over.
    My grip or anyone else for that matter, will always lag behind on something like the deadlift, it will always be the weakest link. Thats why I am courious about hooks and straps, which do you recommend?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast