Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 8:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now the fight was fixed?
    Either somebody just wants to try and get a controversial discussion going or someone sniffs too much glue.
    Shamrock thought he could win standing up, he WANTED to win standing up - that's why he didn't press harder for a takedown. I remember watching him knock a guy out cold because he slammed him on the canvas so hard after scooping him up in a double - the guy knows how to fucking shoot, man.
    You guys are just being plain silly...
    And of course Le has partially built his record by fighting tomato cans, that has been going on in boxing, kickboxing and MMA for ages. Big deal.
    Don't worry, a good grappler/submission fighter will eventually come along and beat him by taking him down and submitting him. Stop crying about the results..:evil6:
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 10:25pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ
    Now the fight was fixed?
    Either somebody just wants to try and get a controversial discussion going or someone sniffs too much glue.
    Shamrock thought he could win standing up, he WANTED to win standing up - that's why he didn't press harder for a takedown. I remember watching him knock a guy out cold because he slammed him on the canvas so hard after scooping him up in a double - the guy knows how to fucking shoot, man.
    You guys are just being plain silly...
    And of course Le has partially built his record by fighting tomato cans, that has been going on in boxing, kickboxing and MMA for ages. Big deal.
    Don't worry, a good grappler/submission fighter will eventually come along and beat him by taking him down and submitting him. Stop crying about the results..:evil6:
    Damn it quit ignoring my posts. I know they are horrible but geez.

I said this already. I hate you OZZ.

Sending as much hate as possible to you and Slindsay.

Chi Chi CHi Chi Chi:new_uklia

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2008 12:45am

Style: sadness and tears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cung is a strong / good wrestler with quick scrambles + His ability to stay on his feet and maintain distance with his kicks helped keep him standing. The commentators talked about how franks ACL's were all messed up, he has 2 bad knees and the fact he didn't seem to have any intensity except for the flurry at the end of the 3rd all attribute to Franks lack of takedown focus (that and his ego to beat Cung standing)?

I would have like to see it hit the mat, but was a pretty entertaining kickboxing match

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2008 7:30am

Style: Shotokan, Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sport fighting (as opposed to the street) is as much strategy as anything else. When you have two highly skilled fighters with different styles it either comes down to strategy or one shot that connects. Cung had the better strategy to win. Shamrock made an ass of himself showboating. Yes, Shamrock could have ended up connecting and knocking Cung out but you must give Cung tons of credit. He was very quick to counter.

Strategically, Kung Fu (or whatever you call it) beat that ground nonsense finally. Soon the UFC will change the rules somewhat to take away the huge ground advantage and shift the balance to create more interest. Thats basic marketing. Thats why cars change styles.

Hope all the BJJ nutriders can handle that shift over the next 5 years. All that money learning something that will not be in vogue in a few years (Im not saying its not effective or great---just wont be the hot thing---hence---nutriders will ride other nuts)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2008 7:53am

Style: karate and jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe Cung Le's use of "kung fu" in MMA is the same as Machida's use of "karate" in MMA.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/02/2008 7:55am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krood1
    Sport fighting (as opposed to the street) is as much strategy as anything else. When you have two highly skilled fighters with different styles it either comes down to strategy or one shot that connects. Cung had the better strategy to win. Shamrock made an ass of himself showboating. Yes, Shamrock could have ended up connecting and knocking Cung out but you must give Cung tons of credit. He was very quick to counter.

Strategically, Kung Fu (or whatever you call it) beat that ground nonsense finally. Soon the UFC will change the rules somewhat to take away the huge ground advantage and shift the balance to create more interest. Thats basic marketing. Thats why cars change styles.

Hope all the BJJ nutriders can handle that shift over the next 5 years. All that money learning something that will not be in vogue in a few years (Im not saying its not effective or great---just wont be the hot thing---hence---nutriders will ride other nuts)
    April Fools was yesterday.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2008 9:25am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    This thread fails in epic form.

1) No spoilers without warning or tag

2) Cung Le doesn't do Kung Fu, no matter how similar his first name is.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Sanshou/Sanda originally formed by taking the useful tactics in Chinese Martial Arts?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2008 9:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last I hear that was the case. If this thread continues, whatever you call what Cung Le does, nutriders will eventually call that BJJ since he won. It will not be called Kung Fu, that's for sure.

Posted On:
    4/02/2008 9:44am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i personally claim him for wrestling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2008 10:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!