Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 12:01pm

Style: BJJ, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Isn't it funny how you have turned into an arrogant striker since taking up Krav.
    You have 11,000+ posts and rarely add to any discussion. Your going to get carpel tunnel and go blind from staring at your computer screen.

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 1:04pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebeams
    I want a spectacle. I want spinning hook hicks to flying armbars with a side order of over-the-shoulder throws from a leg grab.
    I have just the right thing for you.

Link

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2008 1:23pm

Style: Shotokan, Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Isn't it funny how you have turned into an arrogant striker since taking up Krav.
    No. It

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    4/16/2008 3:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krood1
    Isnt it funnt how the groundfighters are becoming so arrogant that they are beginning to fight "stand up" guys and try to "beat them at their own game"?
    Because they want to put on a show and not just ass rape.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/16/2008 3:51pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isnt it funnt how the groundfighters are becoming so arrogant that they are beginning to fight "stand up" guys and try to "beat them at their own game"?
    Which groundfigthers, which mythical creatures are you referring to????
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/16/2008 4:59pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which groundfigthers, which mythical creatures are you referring to????
    The ones he has made up.

The good news is your opponent cant punch you and his friends cant kick your face in so you are safe in the tight guard. The worst that can happen is he can hug you until you cant breathe and you tap the floor to end the pain and discomfort.
    In the BJJ forum no less right after you said this:

Cant help you. I have no ground game but shouldnt you be asking your coach as it happens?
    Go figure. Oh and Krav doesn't need a ground game as good as judo because, they don't compete.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2008 1:03pm

Style: Shotokan, Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    11,000 posts and you still are not adding value.

Posted On:
    4/18/2008 1:31pm

Style: Mostly drinking. E-chaun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a bit more on the original topic.

IMO- cung le does NOT represent cma, he represents himself.

MMA isn't a style vs. style sort of thing as recent history teaches us, its the fighters that are able to cover all ranges of fighting (in some way) that are the more successfull.

as for cung le, didn't he have a wrestling background (don't know if it was free or folkstyle probably both).

if anything, he is a representative that studying multiple arts is the best way to become a good fighter, not cma or vma or whatever. when you produce for me a boxer, judoka or other that has NO other style background entering mma comps and is successfull, then I'll agree they represent that style. there are a few out there, but not the vast majority.

Posted On:
    4/20/2008 12:23am

Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven
    I have just the right thing for you.

Link
    How do sponsorships?
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516