218357 Bullies, 4118 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 111 to 120 of 159
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Antifa is offline
    Antifa's Avatar

    Sin Dios! Sin amos!

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    YSO
    Posts
    1,203

    Posted On:
    4/03/2008 12:52am

    supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The funny thing about this whole thread was the only thing that has been conclusively proved is that Cung Le can defeat Shamrock.

    This fact is insufficient data to prove any other arguement made here. Aside from the fact that Rivington is one dirty ************ who's command of pornographic imagery is to be studied as one of the finer short works of internet literature for the year. Anthology material really.
  2. DeadlyVenom7 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    491

    Posted On:
    4/04/2008 11:13am


     Style: Chinese martial arts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i don't understand the inconsistencies in this thread.

    1. i think its pretty clear that we have to "claim" Le for some sort of stand up fighting, if not CMA. a point a lot of people are making is, DESPITE his wrestling and BJJ background, if Shamrock, or some other fighter ONLY gets him on the ground, they will defeat Le. the implication here is obvious: Le's strengths are in stand-up fighting, and we all know his stand-up game is primarily from Sanshou and Vietnamese Kung Fu. so i'd say CMA built the foundation for Le's fight game, particularly in his style as well as skill as a figher.

    2. Le didn't study Shotokan, and as an example, just because his round kick isn't a wide swing like a baseball bat in MT doesn't mean his kick is from karate. that's just retarded. i can only think of 2 ways to throw a round kick: either wide, or chambered. most TMA teach chambered kicks.

    its CMA for the win.
  3. selfcritical is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    2,428

    Posted On:
    4/04/2008 11:49am


     Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    Shotokan?

    Motherfucking Shotokan?

    Really?
    He was referring to Machida, but yes, really. I'm the leader of the "karate is some goofy ****" brigade, but it simply isn't possible to cogently deny that what Machida does in the ring largely reflects his shotokan training.
  4. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,611

    Posted On:
    4/04/2008 11:58am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom7
    i don't understand the inconsistencies in this thread.

    1. i think its pretty clear that we have to "claim" Le for some sort of stand up fighting, if not CMA. a point a lot of people are making is, DESPITE his wrestling and BJJ background, if Shamrock, or some other fighter ONLY gets him on the ground, they will defeat Le. the implication here is obvious: Le's strengths are in stand-up fighting, and we all know his stand-up game is primarily from Sanshou and Vietnamese Kung Fu. so i'd say CMA built the foundation for Le's fight game, particularly in his style as well as skill as a figher.
    You forgot TKD.

    Go read this post again.

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...9&postcount=94
  5. juszczec is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    314

    Posted On:
    4/04/2008 1:05pm


     Style: karate and jujutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by selfcritical
    He was referring to Machida, but yes, really. I'm the leader of the "karate is some goofy ****" brigade, but it simply isn't possible to cogently deny that what Machida does in the ring largely reflects his shotokan training.
    Speaking of goofy **** in karate (I've done karate for 25 years, so I know goofy ****)

    favorite block - kaki waki uke, that's pronounced cocky wocky ookeee. You cannot say cocky wocky ookee without cracking a smile unless you have no soul.

    favorite kata - Wankan, are people who train exclusively in Wankan called Wankers?

    There used to be no karate gi, people often worked out in their underwear.

    So, imagine this scene:

    The garden at the Master's house. The students are gathering for the evening workout. The Master appears and says

    "Ok. Everybody take your clothes off and start Wankan."

    :lol:
  6. maofas is offline
    maofas's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,978

    Posted On:
    4/04/2008 2:52pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol. Good ole' kake wake uke!!! >.<

    But...did you or anyone in your class ever have to do pushups for blocking a partner's nihan nukite Three Stooges style and going "Nyuck nyuck nyuck!!"?
    Last edited by maofas; 4/04/2008 2:54pm at .
  7. DeadlyVenom7 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    491

    Posted On:
    4/04/2008 3:23pm


     Style: Chinese martial arts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    You forgot TKD.

    Go read this post again.

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...9&postcount=94
    i read it a few times, and i know i'm really tired, but i didn't see any mention of TKD, although i have heard that TKD is also part of his background. however, even from the post you just gave me, its clear that his background is mainly CMA based. as the post concludes, he's not a pure, 100% CMA practitioner, but it is his foundation and it probably developed most of his fighting skills.
  8. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,611

    Posted On:
    4/04/2008 4:16pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom7
    i read it a few times, and i know i'm really tired, but i didn't see any mention of TKD, although i have heard that TKD is also part of his background. however, even from the post you just gave me, its clear that his background is mainly CMA based. as the post concludes, he's not a pure, 100% CMA practitioner, but it is his foundation and it probably developed most of his fighting skills.
    No the point of the post is he is an all around fighter and you can't discount the CMA.

    Not that OMG he is a Pure CMAer like you have now postulated twice.

    He is a collegiate level wrestler. He is CMAer and a TKDer. As Jack put it you can't divorce him from the Chinese background but, you can't claim him CMA fully.

    I know you like to argue semantics and minor points so I'm done with you.
  9. DeadlyVenom7 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    491

    Posted On:
    4/04/2008 7:25pm


     Style: Chinese martial arts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    No the point of the post is he is an all around fighter and you can't discount the CMA.

    Not that OMG he is a Pure CMAer like you have now postulated twice.

    He is a collegiate level wrestler. He is CMAer and a TKDer. As Jack put it you can't divorce him from the Chinese background but, you can't claim him CMA fully.

    I know you like to argue semantics and minor points so I'm done with you.
    i never said he was a pure CMAer, once, let alone twice. you can't make that claim, then cop out with "you like to argue semantics, so i'm done with you."
  10. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,611

    Posted On:
    4/04/2008 8:42pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom7
    i don't understand the inconsistencies in this thread.

    1. i think its pretty clear that we have to "claim" Le for some sort of stand up fighting, if not CMA. a point a lot of people are making is, DESPITE his wrestling and BJJ background, if Shamrock, or some other fighter ONLY gets him on the ground, they will defeat Le. the implication here is obvious: Le's strengths are in stand-up fighting, and we all know his stand-up game is primarily from Sanshou and Vietnamese Kung Fu. so i'd say CMA built the foundation for Le's fight game, particularly in his style as well as skill as a figher.



    its CMA for the win.
    First Post you clearly say "CMA for the Win."

    its clear that his background is mainly CMA based. as the post concludes, he's not a pure, 100% CMA practitioner, but it is his foundation and it probably developed most of his fighting skills.
    Which is not what the post said. It said it can't be discounted. Huge difference.

    Cung Le is an MMA fighter with a background that includes proper CMA. Trying to claim his wins as a victory for "pure" CMA is wrong, but so is denying his CMA training.
    Nowhere near claiming "mainly" nor "most" anywhere in his post.

    Like I said here we sit arguing semantics.


    You said it twice.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.