Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/16/2003 10:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How old/heavy/tall are you?
    Last edited by Nid; 11/16/2003 10:17pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2003 10:19pm

Style: Defense Tactics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm maybe I am burning over 1,000 a day, I don't know I allways wish I had like a thing that showed how much calories I'm burning. I'm 17 1\2 5'9" and I'm 135 pounds.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/16/2003 10:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You do have such a thing. It's called your weight relative to your calories. If you maintain at 1,000 (or whatever) that you means you're burning about 1,000. Ch-ching!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2003 10:28pm

Style: Wrestling, WC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Burn more calories than you take in?

Originally posted by Wolf1099
    Hello. I have been hearing that the key to fat loss is burning more calories you take in. I have been doing strength training for about 1 1\2 years now and after about 5 months I was allready solid and only about 5% bodyfat. I consume about 1,000 calories a day. Most of the time 900 maybe. When I workout or go to kickboxing I burn off a lot of calories. But definitly not 1,000. I'm 3.7% bodyfat now. If I didn't burn more calories than I consume, then how am I only 3.7% bodyfat? This has been making me think for a while. Good bye.
    You have to understand that you are burning calories all day, not just when you work out. This includes when you sleep.

If you burn only 1 Cal every minute during normal activity (and you probably burn a lot more than that), and 1 Cal every 10 minutes during sleep, you'll find that you are burning a total of 1008 Calories per day,and that doesn't even include your workout. If you are doing strength training and kickboxing, you can easily add another 500 Cal per day. Since you are strength training, you're body is going to need to heal and recover, which means your at rest metabolism is going to be higher. All in all, you are probably burning well over 2000 Cal/day. If you are only taking in 1000, you are going to reach a point where your diet is becoming detrimental to you health. You may want to consider some more food if you want to maintain your current amount of activity.

I'm just curious, do you feel tired often?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2003 10:38pm

Style: Defense Tactics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I don't normally feel tired. Maybe I am burning more calories than I take in. Working out does speed your metabolism up, and also more exersise by kickboxing too so yeah, maybe. Again, i'm sorry for making no sense. I guess I kind of seemed like I was lying. Goodbye

-Wolf

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2003 11:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this thread makes willy's head hurt!

the AVERAGE calorie useage for adults is around 2000....there is a reason your recomended daily values come from that as an active teenager, who is most likely growing more in adolescence than any time since you were a young child, you are burning more than that . finally as someone who is trying to gain strength (which at 5'9'' 135lb means muscle) you should be eating a shitload more than 800-1000 more like 3000 you need the materials to build

Posted On:
    11/17/2003 12:46am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with the good advice posted here so far. Saved me some trouble!

Calorie Estimator!
    http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    11/17/2003 1:16am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1000 calories a day?! I'm speechless. This is simply impossible.

Anyway, food also has a...whatchmacallit...thermogenic rating or something. It takes calories to process some foods, and it's different for different kinds of foods.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    11/17/2003 1:18am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That estimator puts me at nearly 4500 calories...Whoa.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2003 7:41am

Style: Chu-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are only taking in 800 cal. per day you must look anorexic. You need to AT LEAST double that amount to build any kind of muscle. Maybe triple it. Your body AT REST (even at your tiny bodyweight) probably burns around 12-1300 cal. per day. When you add exercise it jumps considerably. IF your numbers are right then you are shrinking. Eat more food little buddy.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast