Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Burn more calories than you take in?

Hello. I have been hearing that the key to fat loss is burning more calories you take in. I have been doing strength training for about 1 1\2 years now and after about 5 months I was allready solid and only about 5% bodyfat. I consume about 1,000 calories a day. Most of the time 900 maybe. When I workout or go to kickboxing I burn off a lot of calories. But definitly not 1,000. I'm 3.7% bodyfat now. If I didn't burn more calories than I consume, then how am I only 3.7% bodyfat? This has been making me think for a while. Good bye.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At that low a bodyfat percentage, I'd say that you probably have a very high metabolic rate, which means you *are* burning more than you're taking in. I can't see any other explanation, but by no means am I an expert.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    "The difference between us, and other martial arts websites you might be looking for, is that we're not going to feed you, well, bullshit about martial arts."
    -Phrost

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are not 3.7%.

Thank you, goodbye.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your body needs precisely 1,000 calories to meet it's needs and maintain you weight/fat-level, all you need to do is eat 999 to lose weight. Or eat 1,000 and expend one extra one. It doesn't mean you have to actively burn 1,000 *more*. You just have to not *meet* it's minimum needs.

And are you sure about your intake? 900? That's....really low.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are not 3.7%.

His method might very well give that result....since none are neccesarily accurate in terms of an absoloute reading. It can give a benchmark against which to gauge change though.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I don't work out for weight loss. I don't care about that, I just work out for strength.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah maybe it's not that accurate. Because when I took the bodyfat analysis test and it was 3.7% so I was like somethings probably wrong.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keinhaar -
    its relevant in this case because his entire post makes no sense.
    He doesn't train for weight loss but somehow achieved a bodyfat of 5%. Its apparently now 3.7% ??

(and for some reason guys talking about their bodyfat % irritates me. Its like listening to women lie about their shoe size....)

He takes what looks like a guess at how many calories he takes in per day and then guesses how much he is burning per day, deciding that it couldn't possibly be 1000 ?
    As you pointed out, 1000 is very low and along with the bodyfat calculations is most likely incorrect.
    - Pizdoff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm definitly taking in 1,000 calories a day. Most of the time when I count it's usually 900 something or maybe even in the 800's. I really don't eat big meals. I eat like small meals throughout the day like maybe an apple or something. I always eat breakfast though. I'd also just want to say I'm sorry for making this confusing. Ja ne.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay.
    As keinhaar points out, 1000 is very low.
    Why do you believe your aren't burning that amount in a day ?
    If your weight training, and doing a hard kickboxing workout, you can easily go over that.
    - Pizdoff

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last