Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 5:33pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not against smoking weed, but...is it really wise for a pro MMA fighter to be doing this? Think about all the crappy Grateful Dead/Phish bootlegs Nick Diaz is listening to, we should set up an intervention.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 6:07pm

Style: Heal-Jitsu..yet again :-(

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer
    I'm not against smoking weed, but...is it really wise for a pro MMA fighter to be doing this? Think about all the crappy Grateful Dead/Phish bootlegs Nick Diaz is listening to, we should set up an intervention.
    I second that notion...but more likely than not he is just lighting a spliff to Snoop Dog, Ludacris, Illya Kuriyaki and the Valderamas, Dr. Dre and *add random hip hop star/group that likes to rap about bitches and chronic*

Medical maryjuana for ADD? Seriously???
    so i should just fill my lungs with harmful smoke just to sit still and be able to concentrate? I prefer the hispanic cure for ADD: Slap the **** out of your kid until he/she can sit still and concentrate. Yeah...my people know what's up.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 6:45pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo23
    Out of curiosity, what exactly is the problem with smoking weed during training? It's not exactly a performance enhancing drug, and if it's legal, what basis do they have to exclude him?
    The problem with smoking weed in this case, it that it rubbed Garcial's moral tender clitoris the wrong way. That's all there is to it. **** this ****.

I don't agree with smoking weed but framing and screwing Diaz like this, depriving him of his livehood, screwing up a MMA card and basically giving the finger to all the people who paid their tickets to see him fight, that's not just unfair. It's fucking stupid and arrongant.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 6:57pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sakamonster: I've known a couple of people who claim to have ADHD and that smoking weed "balances" them out.

All I have to say is that there are legal / cheaper drugs out there that do a better job, nuff said.

This is a sad day for MMA and Nick Diaz, I like the guy, I think he's a very talented fighter. It annoys me seeing him get screwed over like this.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 7:03pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay Okay Okay.

Let me get this right. He passed all of his tests, turned them in early, and was bumped off a card.

WTF?

That other Fucker is a douche.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 7:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He should get in touch with the MPP and make this interesting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 8:04pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, getting bumped off the card for no real reason is disgusting. Hopefully, they'll take legal action and get some compensation as well as making sure this doesn't happen again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2008 4:04am

Style: BJJ, bad MT, ringworm fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Umm.. yeah, but only if you're stoned during the match. Now THAT would be interesting:

Rogan: You know Nick has really strong BJJ
    Goldberg: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu?
    Rogan: No, Bong Jiu Jitsu. He totally smoked me up before the fight. He always has the best ****.

(from background) Eddie Bravo: DID SOMEONE SAY BONG? WHO'S GOT WEED HERE? GIMME A HIT!
    Fixed

I think it says in the article that Diaz talked to some doctors and was honest about his marijuana use, and they told him to inform CSAC about his marijuana card.

I give the guy credit for coming out and admitting everything to CSAC, cuz i suppose if they found out on their own they'd just come at him harder for trying to hide it.

He has to forfeit his $50,000 purse too. I hope he sues those fuckers and banks himself an even bigger payday.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/29/2008 6:56am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD, BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM
    Sakamonster: I've known a couple of people who claim to have ADHD and that smoking weed "balances" them out.

All I have to say is that there are legal / cheaper drugs out there that do a better job, nuff said.

Tell this to my girlfriend, who's long time prescription to Adderall and subsequent usage has lead to serious paranoia, hallucinations, oh yeah and heart problems.

weed accomplishes the same goal for her with none of THOSE unhealthy side effects.

Plus at this point it takes about 2x as much as it should for her to get any sort of positive effect and when she comes down off of it, it is literally as bad as cocaine for withdrawl symptoms.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/29/2008 7:43am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos
    Plus at this point it takes about 2x as much as it should for her to get any sort of positive effect and when she comes down off of it, it is literally as bad as cocaine for withdrawl symptoms.
    You said that in reference to weed or about Adderall and the likes? That paragraph got me confused a little bit. Thanks.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast