Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Style
    I wear pants
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

After chiding Bullshido.com, MA instructor Terry Clemets pleads guilty...

Child cruelty case results in probation

Published 12/12/07 in The Times-Herald

By ELIZABETH RICHARDSON
    [email protected]

Martial arts instructor Terry Clements has pleaded guilty to second degree cruelty to children for a Nov. 10, 2006, incident in which he was accused of shaking his girlfriend's 16-month-old son to the point of causing brain damage.

The original case against Clements, which included charges of aggravated assault, aggravated battery and cruelty to children, was dismissed by the Coweta District Attorney's Office, and Clements was re-accused on the new charge of second degree cruelty to children for the same incident, according to Assistant District Attorney for the Coweta Judicial Circuit Andrea Newton.

Clements pleaded guilty to the charge on a first offender status. The hearing was presided over by Judge Marion Cummings. Clements was sentenced to 10 years probation, a $1,000 fine to cover court costs, and the requirement that he attend parenting classes since he recently had a child with his girlfriend, the mother of the victim. Based on information from the toddler's family, he is doing better and has not exhibited any indication of long-term brain damage during developmental milestones, according to Newton.

On Nov. 10, 2006, Clements was at 11 Church St. in Grantville babysitting his live-in girlfriend's 16-month-old while she was at work. The child had reportedly been sick the week prior to the incident and was getting better. Clements told the authorities that he was spinning the baby around by his arms when the baby began having seizures and went unconscious, according to Newton. The child was taken to Newnan Hospital for treatment, and doctors found subdural bleeding. The child was then transported to Scottish Rite in Atlanta where doctors found retinal hemorrhages in both eyes, in addition to bleeding in the front and rear lobes of the child's brain. Hospital staff told local law enforcement that the child's injuries were consistent with "shaken baby syndrome" and that they didn't believe the trauma was accidental.

Clements was forced to undergo psychological testing, which did not indicate any mental illness. He was represented by Bill Stemberger of Newnan law firm Stemberger, Cummins & Arnall. Clements states on his Web site that he is an instructor of a form of martial arts he created called "Bealach de Cath," or "Way of Battle."

http://content.times-herald.com/314688802959597.bsp

Style
    I wear pants
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=21362&page=18

A supporter of Terry Clements -

jbc242

11-14-2007, 08:50 AM #178

As for the charactor of the martial-arts instructor - he literally has hundreds in the city of Newnan alone who would attest to his bright demeanor and unlimited patience, including his students who love him dearly. The investigators for the DA were not able to find a single person to speak negatively of Terry - not even the father of the child.

As for my veracity? I can give you my word - its qualifications are at the mercy of your subjective whims. I shall endeavor immediately to find any information I can foward to you as a source if you would like... I'll honestly do what I can to help you understand.

Thank you,
    J.B.C.
    The founder of the way of battle -

MasserTerry

11-19-2007, 07:39 AM #179

To whom this concerns,
    My name is Terry Clements. I am the founder of Bealach De Cath, or Way Of Battle. I am writing to rebute the misinformed "kungfool" who has made assumptions and accusations based on nothing but a stupid small town article published in a stupid small town. I am the victim of our judicial syestem's flaws. Yes, I was FALSELY arrested, and WRONGFULLY accused of shaken baby syndrome, otherwise knwon as SBS. My brother saw the post of "Kungfooless" and has posted a rebutal already, so I am not going to try and convince anyone of my martial arts history. Just know, as a Martial Artist, I find it completely unmartialarts like to make it a point to go and post misinformed threads about other fellow martial artists. The case is over. The SBS charges have been dropped. The child is extremely well, and not only is he athletic and mobile, but he is learning to talk and communicate just as any normal 2 year old would. He WAS double vaccinated, and a very respectable neurologists has not only said that he believes that the siezures stemmed from problems since birth, but also that with a boy his size, and age that there would have HAD to be some type of Fractures, bruises, breaks, or prints on his body to which there were NONE. If anything I hope that my reply will keep "kungfooless" from further damaging the reputations of respectable martial artists and human beings. Patience, Ji Yen Yen! Don't believe everything you read until all the facts are presented. Sincerey, Master Terry Clementsl
    and -

MasserTerry

11-29-2007, 09:59 AM #185

My problem with the original article has been eradicated. Unfortunately I am finding publishings and threads such as, and reminding people not to believe everything they read. Where is your justification in posting that article with out knowing all the facts? The media exaggerates, and lies to get a reaction from unintelligent, lower class, uneducated trash. The only justification you have is that you are one of those unfortunate people like I mentioned above. I don't think you are, atleast I hope not. Everything they said in that article, with the acception of who was accused, was wrong. (and may I add wrongully accused) It even said that my fiance's son was a girl. This is not an attack on you, it's not an attack on anyone. I was just hoping you would see the flaw in posting such articles with out knowing all the facts. You were wrong in doing so in my case. I'm not even asking for an apology, I don't want an apology. My retribution will not come from a small thread and an apology, I'm above that. I will continue on in my life knowing I said what needed to be said. I hope the best for you, and for anyone else who may read this thread. Good luck, take care.
    MasserTerry

11-30-2007, 11:56 AM #187

The flaw is that a place like this exist on-line. Look at it from a different perspective, as if it had happened to you. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Nothing more. My eradification came from deprivation of character, and not only did I feel this way about the article, but so did the judge. If the article on-line does not state the gender of the child, then they were smart enough to go back and change what the orginal stated, which I have a copy of. No insults, just facts. I'm sorry if you took offense. Obviously you felt as if I was talking to you. This will be the last post I make. I still wish you all the best, just think about it from all angles, and maybe, hopefully you might change your mind about a site like this. If not...oh well. :)
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Style
    I wear pants
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anything I hope that my reply will keep "kungfooless" from further damaging the reputations of respectable martial artists and human beings. Patience, Ji Yen Yen! Don't believe everything you read until all the facts are presented. Sincerey, Master Terry Clementsl
    Master Terry Clements, I look forward to your "reply" of this recent turn of events.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Style
    jkd
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anything I hope that my reply will keep "kungfooless" from further damaging the reputations of respectable martial artists and human beings.
    That's pretty funny.
    They killed JFK in '63, so what the **** you think they'll do to me?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His only possible reply would be that the newspaper article is wrong and that he did not actually pled guilty to this charge. At that point I would obtain court records to confirm or deny this defense.

Style
    I wear pants
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Claus
    His only possible reply would be that the newspaper article is wrong and that he did not actually pled guilty to this charge. At that point I would obtain court records to confirm or deny this defense.
    I'd be impressed if he or his brother would be silly enough to post a response.

Style
    San Da, Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is he still allowed to teach MA?

Style
    wah lum kungfu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, not only is he a schlep and a baby shaking low life, he has very poor grammar for someone who thinks that there better then the rest of us.

exception not acception etc...

Style
    chaos
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My Question in this is what the mother's responce to this. Did she testify for or against him.

Style
    Weight Training
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember that guy, don't know if he could even see the keyboard from his high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Featherstone
    Wow, not only is he a schlep and a baby shaking low life, he has very poor grammar for someone who thinks that there better then the rest of us.

exception not acception etc...
    Quoted for the LOLZ. I hope you don't need me to highlight it for you.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last