Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/26/2008 9:25am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The LAFAY method for physical training.

Anybody heard of Olivier Lafay method? I dont think it's very popular in the US.

Ok it goes like this: Oliver Lafay is a psychology graduate, an instructor in KravMaga, and a personal trainer. He wrote a book about a revolutionary method (mark my words, I didn't say "program") for developping your body without the use of any weights exept your own body.
    Basically the goal is to shape the body of your dreams in the shortest amount of time (without the use of any rods or anything else), without compromising strenght, flexibility, or stamina. It is also specially designed to motivate your mind into getting in shape.
    The book comprise info on diet, and basic psycology.
    Originaly Lafay made this method during his student days, when he didn't have much time to work out, and couldn't afford any gym equipment.

Here a link to his website, gotta warn you it is in french, but you have some videos that showcase the progress of people who follow his method: http://methode.lafay.free.fr/

The book itself is the number 1 best seller in bodybuilding and conditioning in France.

Is it effective? Judge by yourself, I know it works for me after 4 months of practice I gained 5 kilos and have become more flexible than ever.:icon_thum :icon_thum Two thumbs up.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    3/26/2008 11:09am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantanplan
    Basically the goal is to shape the body of your dreams in the shortest amount of time (without the use of any rods or anything else), without compromising strenght, flexibility, or stamina. It is also specially designed to motivate your mind into getting in shape.
    Thank GOD something like this has come out. I've been on this program forever that was all about getting a horrible body in the longest amount of time possible that was totally about compromising strength, flexibility and stamina.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2008 1:07pm

Style: Wrestling, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A) You're not getting any money from me!
    B) I don't speak French.
    C) What Emevas said.
    D) Spam, delete plzkthx.

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    3/26/2008 2:30pm

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What Uri Shatil said (and therefore, what Emevas said).

Also, I couldn't find this guy's book on amazon. Ergo, he does not exist.

Posted On:
    3/26/2008 11:53pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he looks like a wussy ross enamait. If you want a bodyweight regimen, get Never Gymless.

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 11:44am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok ok...

Emevas: It is NOT a program. It is a METHOD. In other words it gives you the tools to develop a program of your own.

Uri: a-I dont sell this stuff. Info purpose only dumbass.
    b-I warned you the website is in french, but there is a english version of the book available.
    d-I realise this can pass off for spam allright, but I just thought some people might be interested. I'm not telling you to buy the freakin book, just check it out, ask your trainer, inform yourself! Isn't that the purpose of this forum? Share info?

krazy kaju: http://www.amazon.fr/M%C3%A9thode-mu.../dp/2851806424

selfcritical: Now that looks more like spam to me.

Anyway I can only recommend taht you guys stay open minded and keep the bullshit-o-meter in check.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 12:09pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok ok...

Emevas: It is NOT a program. It is a METHOD. In other words it gives you the tools to develop a program of your own.

b-I warned you the website is in french, but there is a english version of the book available.
    d-I realise this can pass off for spam allright, but I just thought some people might be interested. I'm not telling you to buy the freakin book, just check it out, ask your trainer, inform yourself! Isn't that the purpose of this forum? Share info?

krazy kaju: http://www.amazon.fr/M%C3%A9thode-mu.../dp/2851806424

selfcritical: Now that looks more like spam to me.

Anyway I can only recommend taht you guys stay open minded and keep the bullshit-o-meter in check
    Listen carefully because I will give you one warning only, and only one.

People are free to comment or suggest Ross Enamait's or Rippetoe's work because they are discussed ad nauseam here. These posters don't just say 'hey, look at this link'. They discuss the methods in detail.

Have you done that? No. All you did was to provide a link without going into specifics. That's a no-no, and I'm not going to allow a repeat of this in this forum.

You say that we should stay open-minded, that's all nice and dandy. Just communicate with us, in detail the nature of Mr. Lafay's method.

What are the principles?

What is that makes it different from other powerlifting/weight training/combat conditioning methods?

How did it work for you in four months?

Can it be taylored?

Does it need to be followed to the letter?

What are the key gains in his principles? Fat loss? Strenght gain? Muscle gain? Metabolic conditioning? Is it sports-specific?

See those questions above? People who freely mention Enamaits, Rippetoe, WS or any other method and provide links to them have done those questions, answered them and elaborated on them.

This is not a place to post a link and say "hey, look at this". You put a link here, you discuss it in detail, or you provide enough details to initiate a discussion.

We will be more than happy to keep an open mind as you suggested provided you abide by the rules of this forum and give us the courtesy to elabore with sufficient details the nature of Mr. Lafay's methods and how, in your experience, it worked for you.

Thanks.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 12:40pm

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, discuss it in more detail.

All that I know is that this is some guy that wrote a book on bodyweight training.

So? What's so special about this guy? What kind of exercises does he use? etc.

There is no such thing as a French Amazon.

In fact, France does not exist.

It's a creation of the French Secret Police, which doesn't exist either.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 12:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You've missed the entire point of my post. Westside is a method, not a program as well. My point was, the "strong points" for the method you're advertising should be basic features of any effective program. You're saying that it's all about getting you in shape and strong and fast, as though every other program on earth ISN'T about that.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 8:41pm

Style: Wrestling, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you had done some of the things TEM suggested, that would've been fine.

If you had provided in in-depth review of said product, that would've been great. I would actually be appreciative of such a service.

If you had actually shared any information, instead of just mentioning one more fitness book (believe you me, the last thing the world needs is more self-help books), that would've been good.

I apologize for accusing you of spamming, but when somebody with a postcount of 5 is posting a reccoendation for a product using three or four advertising buzzwords, it looks like spam. I now realize, simply by the fact you posted back, that it's not.

But please, it's not too late. Personally, I'm not particularly curious as I'm not a self-help book kind of guy and I already have a program. But if you provide a review, tell a little bit more, explain how it varies from other methods, and all that other stuff TEM said, that would be great.

Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast