Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 6:16pm

Style: Heal-Jitsu..yet again :-(

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i eat just about every two hours when i am at work and on the weekends. i try to balance my carbs and consume close to 100 grams of protein a day ( i weigh in at 128). I also keep my cals relatively low because I am out of training due to injuries and cant train like i used to. Cardio is key. I still do weights, though. Using light weights, high reps...but that is just because my sprained wists, rotator cuff and bad knee are severely limiting me. But I also do mainly kettlebell workouts/compound/supersets/ going from one exercise to the next with short rest periods. keeps my heart rate elevated and it's still somewhat of a cardio routine. We'll see how well it works. I'll have to see how much body fat i drop...because to be quite honest...i could care less about my actual weight as long as i am solid and lean...which i'm not at the moment..but i WILL get back there again!!! Stoopid injuries...
    Last edited by dinnerpig; 3/28/2008 6:18pm at .

Posted On:
    3/30/2008 4:25pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YOU CAN ONLY LOSE THE BELLY IF YOU CONSUME LESS CALORIES THAN YOU ARE USING.KEEP A GOOD AMOUNT OF LEAN PROTEIN IN YOUR DIET TO RETAIN MUSCLE MASS.WHEN YOU ARE HAPPY WITH YOUR BODY MAINTAIN YOURSELF BY SLIGHTLY ADJUSTING YOUR CALORIE INTAKE IN REGARD TO WHETHER YOUR LOSING OR GAINING WEIGHT WEEK BY WEEK.KEEP THE CARDIO UP BUT ALSO REMEMBER IT DONT MATTER HOW MUCH CARDIO YOU DO IF YOU EXIST ON CREAM CAKES,CHOCOLATE,AND PIZZAS.GOOD LUCK

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    3/30/2008 4:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon
    1. Eat less (as has been said). Cut all fats/junk food, as much as you can so avoid having a few drinks and getting that Doner Kebab as you stagger home from the Pub.

2. Do more cardio. Don't take the bus if you walk. Run up stair cases. Run regularly (vary terrain if need be) for 20mins or more each time. If you're tired from an earlier training run, try Fartlek. You could also use a bicycle if you travel miles but remember to raise the intensity - cadence, gearing - because cycling is a very efficient method of travel and could make you lazy.

3. This should all work in a reasonably short period of Time. NB, if you start with Weights, you'll **** it all up as you'll start building muscle and this will be signalled by getting hungry so it'll bring you back to your food intake/diet.

Hope it helps.
    Weight lifting can certainly help with weight loss, and more specifically reduction in bodyfat %.
    Cutting all fats is not a good idea. Eat healthy fats (i.e. omega-3 rich fat like extra virgin olive oil, the oils in fish and the fat on lean 'game' meats like Venison) rather than unhealthy fats (like industrial-grade vegetable oils, synthetic hydrogenated fats like margerine) and avoid combinations of fat and high-GI carbs like the plague (i.e. white bread and cheese or butter, potato chips, fries, egg-fried rice etc..)
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 7:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I was being slightly glib. I did Circuits (5 x per week) for 12 years before I was persuaded to undertake a Weight Circuits Class. The sports centre introduced a "machine room" and were trying to inveigle users to drop Circuits, Aerobics to amplify their cash-flow.

For Weights. I still do them up to Thrice weekly. I have more than a passing knowledge.

Running. Still do it but not as much as I would like.

Cycling. Broke my 20+ years (everyday, Winter etc) commuting/touring Claud Butler last year. Replaced with a superb MARIN hybrid, which was stolen from outside the doctor's surgery while I was having my shoulder looked at.

Like I said, I was being glib, as I'm fairly sure you already knew.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 8:05am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by biggun
    any advice on losing weight
    Yep, here: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61083
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    4/18/2012 11:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    go to your local military branch and act like you want to sign up, they'll give you a weight loss plan to get into the right fit bmi (they do the right BMI tests, not the stupid ass weightxheight ****) and just follow that. It worked great for my buddy Paul who went from 220 to 175 in about 3 months

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2012 4:25pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Indian Clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TS, just eat less, avoid sugar, and eat simple. Work out three times per week and drink plenty of water.
    Last edited by Bruiser; 4/18/2012 4:28pm at .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12