Sponsored Links Spacer Image

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    3/25/2008 8:07pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read that article in Black Belt as well while I was sipping coffee at a Border's and I nearly spat my dark roast all over the page. I couldn't believe what Wallace was saying and was wondering if he lost his sanity when he talked about "martial artists" versus "athletes" and why that made the UFC inferior.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    3/25/2008 8:08pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odacon
    A very poor showing by wallace, I wish someone could get in touch with him and question him on this swerve against mma.

I will if I can.

Give me a day or so and I will see if he has anything further to add.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    3/25/2008 8:19pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    What's happened to the BBM's circulation over the last 10 years? He's probably worried about his column's security.

BBM is still the number one MA mag.
    They are doing a LOT of articles on MMA and the UFC as of late.
    This months cover is Forrest Griffin and Rampage. They interview them about their upcoming roles as coaches on TUF.
    They also have "The 10 most Impressive MMA in the world" article.

The TMAers will use this article from a former great as their new Holy Grail. It will be the voice in the wilderness to them and they will retell their grandchildren how they sided with Superfoot against the tyranny and unfunded training of MMA people.

They will sit by the fire on cold wintery nights, and speak of the times they poured lava, and broken glass all over their neighborhoods to nullify the MMA thugs d34dly gr4ppl3.

When MMA goes the way of the do-do they will shout "I told you so!!!" and go back to training in kata. Then feeling secure in their years of nuchuka training they will storm Dana's office and club him like a baby seal.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2008 9:22pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbushi
    According to the interview I heard He agrees with Bill Wallace
    But, I saw on one of Bas's DVDs that Benny the Jet coaches at a place where Judo Gene does...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2008 11:36pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is definitely a poorly informed opinion from Superfoot. Really, I'm surprised he's that ignorant. Benny's against MMA as well? I wonder if kickboxers in other countries such as the Netherlands or Japan are as against MMA as some of the ones here.

Posted On:
    3/25/2008 11:39pm

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Source on Benny's take please. I like The Jet, I really don't want to hate him unless there's evidence.

Posted On:
    3/25/2008 11:41pm

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think so.

Benny showed up in bas rutten's dvds and some of his seminars.

Why would he work with a known promoter of MMA if he hated it?

Posted On:
    3/26/2008 4:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll agree with one thing (and only one thing) that he said: most (not all) mma fighters do not kick very well.

Of course a big part of it is that people are hesitant to kick in an envirionment where if they go to the floor they're getting pounded, but still, it's not like I'm expecting jump spinning ridiculousness either, just an occaisional front leg 1-2 combination, especially since we're seeing much more trading of shots in standup than compared to the early days of ufc. If you can knock people out with it in kickboxing, it probably would work, at least situationally, in mma.

Aside from that, meh, probably he just sees martial arts on its way to becoming a male soap opera like pro-wrestling and is lashing out blindly at the sport. (Or he's a hypocritcal ass. One of the two.)
    Last edited by maofas; 3/26/2008 4:58am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2008 8:50am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas
    I'll agree with one thing (and only one thing) that he said: most (not all) mma fighters do not kick very well.

Of course a big part of it is that people are hesitant to kick in an envirionment where if they go to the floor they're getting pounded, but still, it's not like I'm expecting jump spinning ridiculousness either, just an occaisional front leg 1-2 combination, especially since we're seeing much more trading of shots in standup than compared to the early days of ufc. If you can knock people out with it in kickboxing, it probably would work, at least situationally, in mma.

Aside from that, meh, probably he just sees martial arts on its way to becoming a male soap opera like pro-wrestling and is lashing out blindly at the sport. (Or he's a hypocritcal ass. One of the two.)
    Personally I am surprised you see so many kicks in MMA. It seems to me that the kicker always ends up getting his leg grabbed and taken down into side control or mount and then ferked up.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/26/2008 9:10am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas
    If you can knock people out with it in kickboxing, it probably would work, at least situationally, in mma.
    No, you can't compare the two. There is a huge difference between throws and being able to go to the ground and GnP or submit someone.
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast