4/08/2008 11:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    I checked around a bit and found a list of their instructors here:
    http://www.blackburntagb.co.uk/index.cfm?page=4
    I believe that's him. The information on that page matches up with his Bullshido.net forum profile:

http://www.bullshido.net/z/blackburntagb/profile/

Hmm, I wasn't aware that the International Kickboxing Federation gave out black belts in Kickboxing...

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 11:59am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Figures.

TAGB.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 12:06pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Miracleman
    I believe that's him. The information on that page matches up with his Bullshido.net forum profile:

http://www.bullshido.net/z/blackburntagb/profile/

Hmm, I wasn't aware that the International Kickboxing Federation gave out black belts in Kickboxing...
    BTW, just in case he decides to erase the info in his profile, this is a screenshot of it : http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/791...urntagbrs6.jpg

He's just 24 (that explain the 'bite my ass' remark), and he has a 1st Dan in Kickboxing? **** that ****. Ban, ban, ban him if he doesn't fork the info requested by Wolf.

Ok Mr. Davies, please fork the information necessary to corroborate your fight record. Or is Mr. Davies going to mature enough to reply with a 'bite my ass' again?

-- edit --

Hehe, he's 24 years old, but claims to have 20 years of experience in TKD. How cute. ^_^
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 12:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm, according to the website they're training tonight (as am I, going to be late...), can you give him another day to reply folks?

Not that I believe him, I'm leaning heavily towards "total bullshitter" atm, it is nice to be wrong on occasion though.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 12:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackburntagb
    Does it count if Bill Wallace himself told me he's an advocate of cross-training?
    You said that he was an early advocate of cross training. He didnt seem to mind trashing MMA in print. Lets see some of his "early" writings on cross training.

Quote Originally Posted by btagb
    But their basic technique is so r and sloppy that they are not as effective in those areas as they could be. i.e. if they trained punches like a boxer, or kicks like a TKD practitioner, then said MMA fighters could be SO much more effective, and it would make the sport more appealing to audiences.
    Well lets see..... They seem to be effective in the realm of fighting, much like BW's technique was effective for the realm he fought in.
    Crisp punches and kicks may not be as necessary in MMA as they are in kickboxing or whatever BW did.
    We have all seen what the so called "technical" fighters have accomplished in MMA. The dont do so well. One style doesnt cut it anymore.

Name a fight in MMA history that hasn't ended in a clinch, or on the ground after two or three punches? I didn't mention anything about clinching. I think it's natural for a fight to go to the clinch, as both fighters close the distance. I teach the clinch to my students on a regular basis, even though we are first and foremost a TKD school. What I'm talking about is that the two or three punches thrown by boxers before the clinch are sharper, more effective and much "prettier" (which the audience wants to see) than the two or three punches thrown by MMA fighters, again going back to the point about training proper technique.
    There is a HUGE difference between a clinch , where techniques can be thrown and the hugfest that boxers put on. Dont try to compare the two because they are NOT the same thing.

If MMA continues to produce fighters with poor, sloppy technique, then it is taking martial arts backwards, not forwards, am I right? If MMA is taking martial arts foward, then surely all the best technicians (punchers, kickers, grapplers, whatever) should be found in MMA? But they are not. The best punchers are found in boxing. The best kickers are found in TKD. The best grapplers are found in BJJ. You won't find the best punchers, kickers or grapplers in MMA. Period.
    Two things here.

1) If MA Movies continue to show people flying through the air and doing death touches, then this takes MA's backwards right?

2) The best technicians, as you call them, are afraid of getting their ass handed to them. Look at the early MMA where the people who had their skills honed were owned by people of a differing style.
    They started cross training. You cant be awesome at every style.

Besides, this isn't a debate about the corruption of combat sports. It's about the points made by Bill Wallace in BBM with regard to the negative effect that sloppy, punk-ass MMA fighters (not MMA itself) are having on martial arts as a whole.
    Bill wanted to know where the technique went. It hasnt left, it has simply changed to fit the style of fighting, one that quite frankly, seems to tbe the best out there.

If an MMA fighter is successful and humble about it, then I'm all for it. But in truth, most MMA fighters are like, "I'm gonna rip you a new asshole," or "I screwed yo momma with a broken beer bottle last night." I mean, WTF? Where did the humility and courtesy from martial arts go? Looking at the attitudes of these guys, they are NOT martial artists. They're just a bunch of red neck trailer trash brawlers.
    Oh so the sweet talking 9 year old BB's in TKD are TRUE Martial Artists? LOL, U FAIL.
    Humility? Are you kidding? Ever been around a group of BB's?
    The talk is part of the game. Watch all the TKD guys get pissed when they lose. Humility? **** You.

MMA does use technique that work, I know that. But the majority of MMA fighters these days can't get the techniques right. They throw half-assed "lookalike" techniques and land maybe one lucky shot every now and again. This is because they don't train the basics like in traditional MA.
    So what do they train then? Ever watched them under a Boxing coach? Yep, they have BOXING coaches.
    They have Grappling coaches too. Dont be a moron...oops to late.

Whatever. Just wanted to let you guys know I actually cross train out of my comfort zonel; I don't just stay in my shiny little dojang and pretend my style can stop a nuclear bomb. Or whatever.
    Proof please.

I agree. Until then just tell me to STFU, or whatever. I'll post videos shortly.
    Please list your organization and inform the staff of your real name so we can verify what you are posting is you.

Oh and one more thing......

Primary Style:
    Tae Kwon Do
    Other Interests and Information:
    Video game and MTV junkie. Youtube whore. Undefeated air hockey champ.
    Website designer.
    Martial Arts Experience:
    20 years in Tae Kwon Do.

Please clarify the above inconsitences.
    Last edited by HonkyTonkMan; 4/08/2008 1:00pm at .

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 12:59pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol tagb...

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 1:02pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One would think that his undefeated record would be mentioned......

Mr. Davies has been training in martial arts for 20 years. At the age of 14 he gained his 1st Dan black belt in WTF style Tae Kwon Do under 1992 Olympic gold medal winner Herb Perez of the United States Tae Kwon Do Union (USTU). At 15 he achieved his 1st Dan black belt in kickboxing with the International Kickboxing Federation.

A former paratrooper, Mr Davies regularly trained with members of the Royal Ghurkha Regiment in Tae Kwon Do during his military service. He was selected for the British Army Tae Kwon Do team and he won numerous inter-service competitions. During that time he tested for his 2nd Dan black belt in WTF style Tae Kwon Do.

Mr. Davies has trained with several famous figures in martial arts, including Benny "The Jet" Urquidez (undefeated world kickboxing champion) and General Choi Hong Hi (founder of Tae Kwon Do). As well as Tae Kwon Do, he is also currently training in the Superfoot System, a style of kickboxing developed by world champion Bill "Superfoot" Wallace. He will be testing for his 2nd Dan with the TAGB later this year

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 1:05pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Davies is the far right. I tried calling but couldnt get through.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 1:05pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could someone in the UK Armed Forces verify the claims that Mr. Davies is a former paratrooper as well?
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 1:06pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Could someone in the UK Armed Forces verify the claims that Mr. Davies is a former paratrooper as well?
    At 24?

Contact Dave Humm. I think he is a Para.
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111718192021 22232425 ... LastLast