Page 20 of 29 First ... 10161718192021222324 ... Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    p.s. you have 24 hours to comply.
    Bite me, asswipe. :evil3:

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think MMA fighters would be much more effective in their standup if they learned the "comet" punch.....

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer. Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackburntagb
    You have to back up your statements here with proof, you're getting the same treatment as anyone else.

You can't just say "I'm 7 and 0 in MMA" on a website dedicated to rooting out frauds and posers in martial arts without providing evidence, and reasonably expect people to believe you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    I think MMA fighters would be much more effective in their standup if they learned the "comet" punch.....
    Comet punch is a low percentage gimmick move you TUF noob. Topple punch is where it's at, you can do those in combinations and everything!
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 4/08/2008 10:05am at . Reason: TOPPLE PUNCH!

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Permanban please, and give him a 'liar' tag or something to that nature.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or he doesn't really know the rules here and deserves a little more time.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Based on his username I am assuming he trains here: http://www.martialartsclubs.com/clubsinfo/1282.php

I checked around a bit and found a list of their instructors here:
    http://www.blackburntagb.co.uk/index.cfm?page=4

I believe this fellow might be the assistant instructor Daniel Davies as he is listed as training in the Superfoot style.

Sherdog and Fullcontactfigher both say no fight record....

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    Well, he has 24 hours. That's time long enough for him to know what's up.

As for deserving for more time, I don't know about that, speciallly after his reply to Wolf's clear and appropriate request.

In 24 hours we'll know what's up I guess.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    You would have a point if his response wasn't
    Bite me, asswipe.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    24 hours is more than generous notice for someone actively responding to a thread.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    words words words words words
    Oh God... so much bullshit condescending codswallop and outright idocy... it's smothering me! Can't... breathe!!

On a more serious note, my good man, for what reason do you feel that MMA competitors should focusing on developing TKD-style kicks, as opposed to kicks from other martial styles? Personally, I believe that TKD kicks are better suited for Kickboxing (using proper foot/instep protection) and point-sparring competition, while Muay Thai-style roundhouse kicks are better suited for MMA competition, since they are more powerful than TKD-style kicks (and can be just as fast) and focus on striking with the lower shin, thereby reducing potential foot injuries. But that's my opinion.

On a related note, are Muay Thai-style roundhouse kicks the kind you claimed as being "thrown like a football punt?"

Page 20 of 29 First ... 10161718192021222324 ... Last