Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    3/31/2008 8:28am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bfgIlbraith,

Wallace had nothing to do with Sport TKD, his style looks nothing sport TKD, & multiple flamingo kicks are not a recommended tactic in sport TKD.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    3/31/2008 3:00pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BFGalbraith
    I'll argue that one right now: his whole concept of martial arts is that karate/TKD thing where you stand on one leg and throw one of three types of snap kicks (not follow through kicks) with the lead leg: side kick, hook kick, or roundhouse kick... He basically popularized what has become modern sport TKD.
    Tee Hee....Epic Fail.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 9:31am

Style: IRT/FMA/BJJ/BUDO TAIJUTSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I think Bill needs to take a chill pill and enjoy what MMA is. Bill was great in his day at kickboxing but now their is a new sport that is simply awesome. Enjoy it!

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 10:21am

Style: RBSD, brazilian ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HAP
    Well I think Bill needs to take a chill pill and enjoy what MMA is. Bill was great in his day at kickboxing but now their is a new sport that is simply awesome. Enjoy it!
    no he wasnt. he was terrible. watch vids on youtube, he sucks. he was just fighting guys that sucked slightly more than he did. his entire game was leaning way back so his opponent couln't reach his head and throwing dragon ball-z style machine gun kicks with his lead leg. he could have been easily defeated with a simple push. its retarded to think that he was authentic in any way. its bullshit, thats why it never became popular. the majority of people have built in **** detectors and only a small amount of imbeciles buy into this crap.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 11:59am

Style: IRT/FMA/BJJ/BUDO TAIJUTSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by superstud
    no he wasnt. he was terrible. watch vids on youtube, he sucks. he was just fighting guys that sucked slightly more than he did. his entire game was leaning way back so his opponent couln't reach his head and throwing dragon ball-z style machine gun kicks with his lead leg. he could have been easily defeated with a simple push. its retarded to think that he was authentic in any way. its bullshit, thats why it never became popular. the majority of people have built in **** detectors and only a small amount of imbeciles buy into this crap.
    Well it is hard to argue that he was good at the sport he did. If you judge him by today's MMA standards then yes he would have been down on the ground very quickly. However in the kickboxing he participated in he was allowed to lean back and utilize his one good leg.

However, I am not going to sit here and defend Bill Wallace as I find him and his style of movement not to my liking.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 12:32pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Years ago, Bill wallace was bitching that Jean-Yves Theriault didn't deserve to hold the title in kickboxing because he wasn't a black belt(Jean-Yves was only a blue belt in jiu jitsu). Oddly enough, Jean-Yves managed to hold the title for about 15 years. Wallace wasn't qualified to make statemnts then, he is still not.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 1:04pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by superstud
    You know, until today I hadn't actually seen Wallace fight. I just assumed that since he was so widely and well regarded that he was an old school famous athlete. But after reading this post I saw some of his fights on YouTube and he kind of does suck. The only reason his tactic works is because his opponents are never super aggressive with the punches but instead let his high tappy kicks keep them at bay. I feel like any number of boxers I've seen on TV could easily overwhelm him with a basic aggressive close-in strategy.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 1:14pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, we are being ridiculous. He was good at what he did.

Now he is a bitter oldman. Let's not get into the OMG if he fought blah blah blah.

That is just as bad as Ali vs Bruce Lee rants.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 2:07pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bruce would've fucked Ali's **** up.

blotter art.

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 3:07pm

Style: San Shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    Bruce would've fucked Ali's **** up.
    I actually train with somebody who can fight pretty well and until recently really believed this.