Sponsored Links Spacer Image

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/24/2008 7:38pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

An Tian Rong Wushu Guan

I've been training with Master An for over 4 years now. As far as instruction in authentic CMA goes, what he teaches is top notch. No BS about focusing your Qi or anything like that, just show up and train. Master An is a former Beijing Wushu team Coach and a former coach of Jet Li. He currently has students that compete in forms competition all over the U.S. and in Europe and they regularly bring home gold medals. He can be very demanding and sometimes gets frustrated easily, but if you're willing to put in the effort there is a lot he can teach you.

The place does have its down sides. The instructor to student ratio is horrible. He is the only instructor and he often has several students that are all doing something different which really eats up time. There is also very little contact sparring. This is something I am personally working on improving and in the past couple of months there have been a few sessions of contact sparring. We are in a rec center so as a school we don't really have any equipment, each student is responsible for getting their own gear and weapons. The up side of this is that you can shop around and buy what you want instead of being stuck having to buy all your gear from the school. Another thing I should mention is that Master An doesn't speak hardly any English (which I believe leads to some of his frustration).

Overall, as far as CMA is concerned, Master An is a great instructor and moves suprisingly well for a man who is 70. He has a lot to teach but expects his students to put as much time into practice outside of class as they do in class. Although I wouldn't ask too many questions of a historical nature, your liable to get a 45 minute lecture on the topic (in Mandarin) and get little in the way of actual training done.

If you have any specific questions about training with Master An please feel free to contact me by PM or on this thread. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
    Last edited by Ronin.74; 3/25/2008 9:58am at .

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 11:54am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi I also learning Huo Bajiquan here in Indonesia, it will be great if we can talk around about the style. it is really hard to find information or somebody who learn the style from internet