Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/22/2007 6:33am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ,Ex-Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus

The original problem as I understand it is Matt explicitly saying certain styles will never work even with aliveness - I doubt this is what he is actually saying.

Yeah,that's the thing,Thornton's ''fault'' was that he didn't clearly state that he did not believe some styles can't be saved,depending on readers'/listeners' common sense and inteligence to understand what he meant and not take offense by it.

The result was someone,that disturbing/disturbed woman in our case ,take the chance and be offended by Thornton's statements not at its whole meaning but at specefic words of it,taken apart.

Funny thing is there are such people in almost every forum,people taking 3-4 words of anybody's statements and making long,drawn-out arguements,quoting infinitely specific words up to the point it does not make sense any more.

I wonder though,how far into such a condition of the mind one can be to make a real-life road-trip,with all real-life difficulties/hindrances that might pose to him, in order to make a forum arguement ,that he knows stands on shaky ground from the minute he started it.
    Making long,semantics-filled posts one after another is one thing,traveling a good bunch of miles,being ill,making excuses off work for the sake of such a forum ''semantic arguement'' is another.

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    4/22/2007 3:02pm

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ΜΑΧΗΤΗΣ

I wonder though,how far into such a condition of the mind one can be to make a real-life road-trip,with all real-life difficulties/hindrances that might pose to him, in order to make a forum arguement ,that he knows stands on shaky ground from the minute he started it.
    Making long,semantics-filled posts one after another is one thing,traveling a good bunch of miles,being ill,making excuses off work for the sake of such a forum ''semantic arguement'' is another.
    Good point - I can't imagine myself making a road trip purely because one thing a person said, taken out of context and interpreted in the worst possible way, makes them out as being indirectly disrespectful to a martial art I associate myself with. I'd have to also really be angray with that person/hate them.
    "[Fighting for Points] is doubtless very pretty, and invariably draws applause, but preferences should always be given to blows that do some business, to good straight hits that do something toward finishing the fight.
    A man who has carefully trained for brilliant tapping play, will find himself considerably out of it in case he is called upon to do any real work."
    -A.J. Newton, Boxing.

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 6:54pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did Thornton let Djimbe demonstrate his top submission of all time "the sperm whale choke"? Where you smother your opponent's ability to breathe with smelly blubber?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 7:56pm

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm back after a lengthy absence to see this is still here. I'm posting from the 2nd page of this thread, I'll keep reading though.

I'm wondering if anyone decided to point out that fat man Djiembe has terrible conditioning, he came in and did not even come close to doing anything offensive during his training at all. Unless you count his probable body odor and sweating profusely on someone, accompanied by the stink of his supposed food poisioning.

Face the facts, you guys made a vield challenge, got called on it and are acting innocent now. Nothing changes. You got worked over badly and are trying to save face. Take your whooping and come back stronger, quit making excuses.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    4/25/2007 2:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Huh. I used to actually make points.
    So young.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2007 5:01am

Style: Sumo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus
    Holy shitfuckers, I cannot believe I read through all of that.
    Ok I have just read like a fair bit of this thread (the start). But I don't have the time nor dedication to read it all. So could you possibly answer me a couple of questions? Firstly did Matt posted the vid of fat boy getting owned? Secondly at what point did Djiembe get banned/what did he do to get banned?

If you tell me I will love you forever!!!

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    4/30/2007 8:44am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** you for bumping this thread.
    Yes a video was posted (not in this thread).
    Djimbe was banned when his lies got too out of control, obviously it was a threshold effect rather than the mere act of lying which you can tell by this thread is well tolerated.

Posted On:
    4/30/2007 8:47am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by International W
    I'm back after a lengthy absence to see this is still here. I'm posting from the 2nd page of this thread, I'll keep reading though.

I'm wondering if anyone decided to point out that fat man Djiembe has terrible conditioning, he came in and did not even come close to doing anything offensive during his training at all. Unless you count his probable body odor and sweating profusely on someone, accompanied by the stink of his supposed food poisioning.

Face the facts, you guys made a vield challenge, got called on it and are acting innocent now. Nothing changes. You got worked over badly and are trying to save face. Take your whooping and come back stronger, quit making excuses.
    You're the guy that thinks he deserves tens of thousands of dollars to fight in MMA for the first time, right?
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    5/12/2007 5:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Djimbe...he was an oversized, lying tool, right?

Who gives a **** anymore? He's not famous.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2007 12:43am

Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius
    You're the guy that thinks he deserves tens of thousands of dollars to fight in MMA for the first time, right?
    Not tens of thousands, but I'm not going to train my ass off for 6 weeks for a measly $500 or whatever. The huckster who promotes/ed shows in Arizona tried to get me to fight in exchange for $100 and free "training" at his gym.

The point for me is, I don't want to fight someone I'm going to wreck in 30 seconds like he was trying to set me up with. It does nothing for me, it does nothing for the guy I'd fight, and it's ultimately a waste of my time. The 1 fight I did have that was like that was a favor I did for a friend of mine's student, and I instantly felt bad about even stepping in against a kid who was that inexperienced. It was they came to me and asked me to fight to help them fill out the card. I agreed to it because they said they would get me a quality opponent. Then I go to the arena, and the guy I was supposed to fight no showed. So it was either fight, or not, and since I'd spent weeks preparing for it, I fought some kid who they'd found backstage. Since we were in different weight classes, and it wasn't even a sanctioned MMA event, it was called an "exhibition".

The fight did more harm than good for me. It lasted about 40 seconds, and I didn't get anything meaningful out of it. A while ago I talked to Tedd Williams and told him I'd like to fight Joe Stevenson, since I felt we'd match up well and have a good fight. We're both similar build wise, both have good wrestling backgrounds, although I feel I had a big edge in wrestling over Joe. He's probably better with submissions than I am though. It would have been a good fight I think, but the money they were offering was ridiculous.

Now that there's more money being thrown around in MMA, I think I'd like to get back into it, not for the money (it's the principle, not the money), now that people are starting to recognize what we're worth as fighters. Heck maybe I'll make it onto the reality show too. You never know these days.