Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Stand and Deliver, Bitch

Posted On:
    11/16/2003 10:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Whatever Works

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Off topic..where can one get a sexy kung fu ninja girl? Do they come with see through ninja outfits?
    ~Whatever Happens, Happens.~

~From this moment on, I shall be known as "He Who Smokes Bitches"~

Posted On:
    11/16/2003 10:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shoot :

Just Vague **** , man , He didnt let me get Far ... It was When we still didnt think that he was even going to let us in to the Seminar , and he was telling us now Wing Chiun , Aikido , and Taiji would NEVER work in ANY competition against ANY Trained Fighter . We told him to see people like you , and Das Moose , for Confirmation so that Personality Conflicts had nothing to do with it , and that the Information would be Complete nd Verifyable . He told me that he didnt NEED to contact either of you because I was making it , and possibly YOU (and Das Moose's Sifu) Up . He told me that I was Flatly telling a Lie/Fabrication , and that neither system could EVER beat "Modern Combative Systems" .

Posted On:
    11/16/2003 10:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kage :

No , they all come in Skintight Chingosam MiniDresses !

Last edited by Djimbe; 11/16/2003 10:21pm at .

Stand and Deliver, Bitch

Posted On:
    11/16/2003 10:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Whatever Works

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They do...ohh totally sweet! i'll have them make my enemies bow to my will and roll my eggroll. AHH ****, it dymsum time!! Oh yeah, seriously, in philo class..i was taught not to use word like never and always ina arguement but it only takes one time for your theory to be proven false and for you to be a liar. therefore, thorton's take on wing chun, aikido and the like stands on a blade's edge. i don't like to hear a "finalist" arguement. So, yeah, he sounds kinda prick like if he made statements like that
    ~Whatever Happens, Happens.~

~From this moment on, I shall be known as "He Who Smokes Bitches"~

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2003 10:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Djimbe, hahaha!! no worries, man. :D

Posted On:
    11/16/2003 10:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whats to Worry ? Appearantly Youre (along with any other Taiji Fighter) just a Figment of my Imagination !

Posted On:
    11/16/2003 10:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is ridiculous - as was the original.

TigerFly calls Matt Thornton a fraud and an idiot among other things. Matt Thornton comes to the forum and is a complete gentleman and refutes TigerFly's arguments . She backpeddles furiously and then settles on saying how she thinks Matt is a fraud because she believes his sweatshirts are over-priced !?

She now says she went to the seminar with Dojimbe (the guy who needs to learn about the correct use of capital letters) and again badmouths Matt, says the seminar was boring and that he was a bad teacher. BTW, I like the "Luis was wonderful" touch also - always add in some truth to make a lie seem more believable, eh?

Luis gets on here and says the story is very different from what TigerFly and Dojimbe say.

So who to believe, the woman who rants and calls well-respected martial artists names, or the respected martial artist who acts like a gentleman and has a reputation for his teachings and his skills?

Sorry TigerFly, but your stories donít wash with me. I donít like the way you bad-mouth Matt Thornton who was gracious enough to come onto this forum and I donít like the way you or Dojimbe get upset over what Matt didnít say (i.e. not naming your styles as styles that are ďaliveĒ).

Go someplace else if youíre not going to contribute to this forum constructively.

Marasmos

Posted On:
    11/16/2003 10:49pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well,

On one hand, the "discussion" started out with TigerFly clearly in the wrong - afterall, she did call Mr. Thornton an idiot and a fraud without any sort of provocation on his part. And she did backpeddle out of some of her claims when he came on the board to defend himself. As an aside, TigerFly, there's no need to jump in and deny that - it is in plain view for anyone who cares enough about the subject to ge back nad reread the original thread.

However, if her description of how he acted is accurate, then I would say I am disappointed. I would expect better of him. This sort of behaviour would be perfectly understandable - afterall she did badmouth him and disrespect him behind his back - but that would not make it right.

I am still waiting for the other side of the story, and reserve my judgement untill then.
    You say what about my rice?

Posted On:
    11/16/2003 11:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Luis gets on here and says the story is very different from what TigerFly and Dojimbe say.
    With ALL POSSIBLE Respect to Luis , he was NOT Privy to the conversation that took place between Thornton , Tigerfly , nad myself , so I dont believe that he Intended for us to be "Corrected" on that part of it , at the Least not by Himself . As that is the Portion that we have the Greatest Issue with , I dont see how you are thinking that his Post is intended as a Rebuttal of it in any way .

Jhonny , Just because someone is Good at MA dosent mean that they INSTANTLY Deserve Respect in all things , Especially Businewss Practices . Calling people out on the Carpet is what this site is all about , in case you hadnt Noticed . Oh , and Intentionally Misspelling others' Screennames , and hArping on Inconsequential Bullshit Like when the **** I capitalise WHAT isnrt "Contributing To This Forum Constructively" .

Pot , meet Kettle .
    Last edited by Djimbe; 11/16/2003 11:07pm at .

Posted On:
    11/16/2003 11:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DJimbe,
    Sorry, I didn't mean to mis-spell your name, but you need to realise that your punctuation makes it very difficult to read your posts.

I agree that being good at MA doesn't mean a person automatically deserves respect in all things, especially business practices. However, what TigerFly's comments essentially came down to was the fact that she disagreed with Matt's message about "Aliveness", and that she didn't like the price of his sweatshirts. Neither of these is cause to call someone an idiot or a fraud in my opinion.
    Firstly, "Aliveness" is Matt's unique selling proposition - so it's a good way to market himself. Secondly, he doesn't say in his literature or any posts I've read of him, that his is the only way towards "Aliveness". In fact, he says that "Aliveness" is a part of many arts including boxing, BJJ, Judo, Sambo, Muay Thai etc. TigerFly and yourself seem to have gotten yourselves in a huff because Matt didn't mention your arts. If you honestly believe that all arts - or even all non McDojo arts - train with "Aliveness" then you're kidding yourself. Matt is marketing himself by saying that he teaches drills with "Aliveness" and that these can give someone an edge - so how does that make him a fraud, or an idiot?

Oh, and the sweatshirt comment is just dumb. If people think the sweatshirts are too expensive then they won't buy them, simple as that.
Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 12345 67891555 ... LastLast