224976 Bullies, 3378 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 97 of 156 FirstFirst ... 47879394959697 9899100101107147 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lord High Commander of the Super-Secret Order of The Invisible Pink Unicorn

Chuckling at Kyung-ae's purchased honors.

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 8:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Pet Kat Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe many of the awards have been purchased through donations or brow-beating employees to paint a wishful picture. Wasn't her honorary PhD granted because of donations to that obscure little college in Korea? Wasn't her business award for the best place to work simply because the employees were pressured into praising her? Didn't her ex-hubby point out that her famous "Pre-World" games marching photo was just a tourney in CT? Her highly vaunted photo of George Bush was simply a photo-op where she sneaked in the line and got her picture taken, yet she makes it out like he sought her out to consult on some world business. The Korean community leaders wanted her to be a flower-girl and she turned it into a PR coup for herself. I wonder if she ends her prayers at night with a crisp "Jung Su"!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2009 9:35pm

Style: TKD Hapkido Judo Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought the video was hilarious. Does she totally not get that her eye makeup is outdated and looks like a cross between a raccoon, a football player and a hooker? Her hair/wigs and clothing are 80's fashion and she looks like she is gaining weight. The whole interview is pretentious and the female interviewer plus the women in the background look obviously to be members of her cult judging by them all wearing the same sort of clothing styles and heavy eye makeup.

Perhaps she is losing ground like so many other martial arts studios with the economy the way it is MA is the last thing people are going to have money for if even restaurants are struggling to keep people coming in. So with lower number of new students her payroll and thusly her power goes down.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 7:43am

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yoohoo, Jung Suwon webmaster - -
    Time's up - you're overdue for the new "Student of the Week"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 10:58pm

Style: TKD Hapkido Judo Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Failed Student View Post
    Yoohoo, Jung Suwon webmaster - -
    Time's up - you're overdue for the new "Student of the Week"
    Perhaps the economy is stifling even the cult business and she is not open for business or able to have a webmaster update the site. I've heard the recent trends in the economy is putting a real hurt on the MA schools across the country. Maybe one of you folks though will get Student of the Week next. lol I'd vote for you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 6:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=Wohali;2189901 Maybe one of you folks though will get Student of the Week next. lol I'd vote for you.[/quote]

More likely we the posters are all on her hit list..or maybe that's what you meant.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 5:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jung suwon

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone else notice all the "Student of the Week" seem to be kids? Is there anyone over the age of, say 7, that are training at JSW these days?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 6:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jung suwon

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems that TYK "hosted" an awards event for the Tae Kwon Do Hall of Fame. Interestingly enough, it does not appear that madame was presented with any awards this year. As Shadow pointed out, many of her awards are bought through donations of one kind or another. It would appear that she is positioning herself for some future awards/acknowledgement. The pressure must be on to validate her "legacy" and what better way than to hob knob with the who's who among the Tae Kwon Do community.

I remember hearing in class that the reason other martial artists do not acknowledge TYK's super hero status is because they are "jealous" of her. Hmmm. I would love to see TKD Hall of Fame do a little research and verify TYK's story of her master and how she earned her rank. Right now I don't see TYK in their hall of fame, but one thing is for sure...she will only settle for the best of the best in awards and is probably working on having a new award made especially for her. Its all about HER.

Check out this site. If you click on the 2009 photos and scroll down a little past half the page there is one picture in particular that is really awkward. TYK is wearing a full length blue gown and mink shawl. Her face is stretched really tight and she stands out a little too much if you know what I mean. I guess the days of a "humble" master are long gone...

http://www.taekwondohalloffame.com/

Hopefully the truth will prevail and we won't have to rename it the TKD Hall of Shame.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 9:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a technicality White Bear, that's not mink, but ermine. Mink is dark brown, ermine is white.

In any event, it really puts martial arts in a bad light to see TYK parade around in a too tight dress, a too tight face, and fur, which denotes cruelty to me.

Lord High Commander of the Super-Secret Order of The Invisible Pink Unicorn

Chuckling at Kyung-ae's purchased honors.

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 9:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Pet Kat Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBear View Post
    Her face is stretched really tight and she stands out a little too much if you know what I mean. I guess the days of a "humble" master are long gone...

Good Lord! will you look at those implants!!! If she ever gets a flat tire, her legs will swell up like elephantiasis.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 9:58pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting find, WhiteBear. The Tae Kwon Do Hall of Fame website does list the 1978 Pre-World Games in Seoul, Korea. "Kyong Ae Fontaine" is listed as the manager of the US team, not the coach as she claimed to be. Most of the other info centers on Marcia Hall, the middleweight champion at that tournament. She and teammate Sunny Graf were the only non-Korean women to win. If most of the winners were young Korean women, the prejudice against women training in martial arts could not have been as intense as TYK said it was.

The picture to which you refer appears to have been removed. It's under Korea, right? There's a blank rectangle that looks like it once held a picture just past halfway down. However, if you do a search on "Tae Yun Kim" you find a link, and if you click on it you see some photos of stretch-face TYK in a glitzy blue dress. Marcia Hall appears in a few shots, and she looks a lot more natural than TYK.