Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 1:39pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bemused View Post
    While it's true that people who have been abused in the past are more likely to be abused in the future (or to abuse others), the majority of victims of domestic violence and cults don't have a history of victimization. Abusers are charming and deceptive, good at attracting people with exciting promises. The factors that make people vulnerable are depression, being in transition, and idealism, to which most people are prone at one time or another.
    This is why TYK focuses on the young 'uns. Adolescents especially are in emotional turmoil, and with their hormones on overdrive probably have gone through some relationship problems. Recent college graduates too are vulnerable as they perceive the world is out there to be conquered and they have their youth and vitality to offer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 7:49pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Failed Student View Post
    This is why TYK focuses on the young 'uns. Adolescents especially are in emotional turmoil, and with their hormones on overdrive probably have gone through some relationship problems. Recent college graduates too are vulnerable as they perceive the world is out there to be conquered and they have their youth and vitality to offer.
    Yup, the prime age range for cult recruitment is 18 - 25.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/30/2009 6:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jung suwon

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some of the younger ones have bailed on their "training". TYK was getting too "out there". Her Yong Sa Nation pretty much fizzled out. This is very good news by the way. It must be getting harder and harder to recruit devoted members.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/30/2009 7:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is an interesting quiz:

Are YOU under mind control? Mind control is sometimes very subtle in the way it is used and it can be hard to recognise it. Try answering these 20 questions by circling Y for yes or N for no. (Taken from a list of 52 questions in the book Mind Control by Guy Steward.)

1. Is your doctrine legislated rather than guided?(You should be free to search things out for yourself.) Yes
    2. Are your moral choices legislated rather than guided? Yes
    3. Are you unsure of the background of your leader(s)? Yes
    4. Do you solely rely on information given to you by your group? Yes
    5. Is there pressure to avoid all other information about your group? Yes
    6. Is there pressure on you to agree with all that the group says? Yes
    7. Are your leaders generally inaccessable to ordinary members? Yes
    8. Are leaders or other members hostile to your questions? Yes
    9. Are you fearful of your leaders? Yes
    10. Is your group secretive about its doctrines or its actions? (For example, is there any doctrine you have been instructed not to share with outsiders?) Yes
    11. Are members ever “disciplined” by threats, bribes, or other unpleasant pressures to conform? Yes
    12. Were you required to cut all ties with the past (including friends and relatives) when you joined? Yes
    13. Do others within the group make decisions for you? Yes
    14. Are you dependent on your leader’s or on other’s approval for what you do? Yes
    15. Are you afraid of leaving? Yes
    16. Do people constantly leave amidst controversy, strife and bitterness? Yes
    17. Do you condemn those outside your group as being “ungodly” or “satanic”? Yes
    18. Do you use “God wants me here” as an excuse to avoid facing the issue of leaving? Yes
    19. If your group uses the Bible, does it only use it with reference to (or explanation from) another person’s teachings? Yes
    20. If self-employed, would your business seriously struggle if you left? No

Count up your number of “yes” answers. If 4-5 you may be under mind control. If over 10 your group likely has serious problems.

Hmmm. Honestly, I could have answered "Yes" at one time or another, to all of these questions except one. When Inside Edition was happening, TYK had an "expert" evaluate her group and it was concluded that the group was not a cult. I was not interviewed by the expert and don't know who was at the time. Did anyone ever read/see a report from his findings? I wonder what the expert's criteria was?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2009 8:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBear View Post
    When Inside Edition was happening, TYK had an "expert" evaluate her group and it was concluded that the group was not a cult. I was not interviewed by the expert and don't know who was at the time. Did anyone ever read/see a report from his findings? I wonder what the expert's criteria was?
    Some "experts" are sociologists of religion who find any oddball spiritual group an interesting object of study. Because they like having lots of groups to study, they don't like detractors who accuse some of these oh-so-fascinating groups of abusive practices.

Groups that are trying to rehabilitate their image just love these "experts." They ask to be studied, but they're very careful to limit what the so-called expert sees and hears. Sometimes they even pay the expert directly, which presents an obvious conflict of interest.

If both the investigator and the investigated agree on what they don't want found, of course it won't be.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 7:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some of the younger ones have bailed on their "training". TYK was getting too "out there". Her Yong Sa Nation pretty much fizzled out. This is very good news by the way. It must be getting harder and harder to recruit devoted members.
    Well something is in the air. There are over 500 views daily on this thread now, which is an impressive number.
    If there are young ones quitting, this may be signs of "Colony Collapse Disease". The future of the cult depends on young members.
    I also note the JSW website has had the same "student of the week" for over a month. Either the webmaster is slacking off or there are no new recruits.
    That Yong Sa Nation thing as I recall was a bit scary. People had ranks - and that fourth dan was a "general" in her army fer crissakes.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 6:26pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is something I found on TYK on youtube. It features a segment of an interview of TYK where she is asked "..how did you start your love and passion for martial arts?". TYK gives her answer but no mention of her "master". She goes from her uncle teaching her to (uh, yeah) "...and here I am...!" Back in the day TYK would ALWAYS thank her master when asked such a question. It is a short video but says tons if your read between the lines. Looks like it was filmed last month.

YouTube - U.S. Women's Expo Meet & Greet Social
    Last edited by WhiteBear; 7/31/2009 6:35pm at . Reason: fixing a quote

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 7:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is something I found on TYK on youtube. It features a segment of an interview of TYK where she is asked "..how did you start your love and passion for martial arts?". TYK gives her answer but no mention of her "master". She goes from her uncle teaching her to (uh, yeah) "...and here I am...!" Back in the day TYK would ALWAYS thank her master when asked such a question. It is a short video but says tons if your read between the lines. Looks like it was filmed last month.
    OMG! I don't know where to begin in my response.

First of all, is she in competition with the Pope? That huge bejeweled cross hanging from her next is ridiculous. I'm not trashing Christianity, but she makes a mockery of it with that pendant.

Next - who in Hell is her interior decorator....WalMart or Target?
    That shelf next to MBF as he introduces her is filled with the worst pile of tacky tschotskes I have ever seen. Then there's all those little white lights everywhere and Christmas is five months away. The piano must have been purchased at Liberace's estate sale.

Now to her shtick - at the time I heard the story, it was TWO uncles she saw training, not eight. The other version I read in one of her articles, possibly TKD times, is that she learned her skills from a Master Ho - well, maybe that's closer to the truth........

Okay, my dinner's getting cold.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2009 9:28am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That tacky pile of stuff are some of her many "awards" and recognitions. She has collected quite a few over the years. Woman of the Year, woman of this and that... when she goes to Korea, she recieves awards and plaques probably for just for showing up. The vase with Korean characters is from the former first lady of Korea, Hee Ho, and has Isaiah 60 aka "God's message to TYK" painted on it.

Her "Palace" is the land of plastic flowers and little white lights. Her lamps are naked ladies riding on dolphins, kind of strange but maybe that is just an artsy thing that I don't get.

Failed Student I think she has told her fabricated story so many times, in so many versions that even she does not remember. This is what happens when lies are told upon lies. I was told that her master was a Buddist Monk. I don't recall her mentioning his name. I only know that I would listen to her stories in awe of what she had done and amazed by her in every way. I believed she was an incredible master and now, knowing she lied to me about that, I have a hard time believing anything she says now or has said in the past. This is part of what makes leaving her cult so difficult.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 6:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very interesting video. Is it my imagination, or does her recall of her stories seem slower and more garbled than before? The interviewer also addressed her as "master" rather than "grandmaster" I noticed. MBF's enthusiasm seems a bit forced. So does TYK's "heart to heart" bit. It's like the umpteenth copy when the toner is running out.

Then there's her stretched and swollen face and her stretched and swollen boobs. The shiny lipstick is as garish as that big cross. She's flaunting her "faith" to cover for her private abusiveness.

That she is still being given awards despite the records of court cases against her, this thread, and other information only goes to show how little research the awards organizations do and how shallow and meaningless the awards really are.

Next time an award impresses you, remember that a Nobel Prize was awarded to the inventor of the lobotomy.