Page 91 of 156 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091 92939495101141 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2009 12:39pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Kimmie's insecurity in regard to other women is one reason why she interferes with and breaks up relationships. It probably gets under her skin to see another woman happily in love. When she draws the man into JSW or COL and breaks up the relationship, it's a clear victory. When she draws the woman into JSW or COL, she increases the woman's self-doubt and gets chances to undermine it further.

Kimmie allows some romantic relationships within COL, but only if she gets to micromanage them. Each partner must love Kimmie more than their partner or they get punished for it. EAS got punished, and according to other posters SAK did too. I wasn't punished for my relationship with CA, but we never got really close, not like my husband and I are close now. And I'm not talking about physical closeness, I'm talking about being best friends.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2009 12:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Kim View Post
    She may bask in glory here on earth. But I would hate to be her when she meets her maker. All the lists in the world won't help her. Then she will be made accountable. If she truly believes in God Our Father, she would repent and truly mean it and lead a life worthy of Christ.
    She's already paying a price for her deeds. She puts on a good show of being happy for the public, but with COL she lets down her guard a bit, and she's peevish, vindictive, never satisfied. She admits she's lonely. Eric Hoffer said we can never have enough of what we really don't want. Mick Jagger put it even more concisely: "Too much is not enough." Worship isn't love, and deep down she knows it.

:bowdown::kiss:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/17/2009 6:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jung suwon

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also thought that her bio bragged about everything under the sun except her martial arts achievements which seemed odd for a Who's Who of martial arts. The JSW website highlights that she is "Chairman of the Board, Martial Arts Leadership Federation" right above her claim to 10th degree black belt. This is the farce organization that propelled her 10th degree promotion.

So far as I can tell, the Martial Arts Leadership Federation doesn't exist. Tried doing numerous searches but came up with nothing. During the launch of the fake organization TYK promoted literally everyone to a higher rank but just for those few days. Everyone became a black belt and most had multiple stripes and fancy uniforms. The students paid a few hundred dollars for the new uniform/belts and then of course had to return them once the event ended.

There were other martial artists attending and it was a little awkward with all of TYK's students running around with brand new belts. It was so obvious from the way the belts were stiff and new instead of soft and worn like one who actually trained in their belt would have. Funny how TYK told her students that this is the rank they had actually earned when compared to other schools but then asked for the belts and uniforms back when her guests left.

As with everything else, its all about HER. It would be interesting to watch a real female grandmaster who has actually earned her rank spar with TYK.

It is almost sad the way TYK has to lie and fake her way into building herself up. She puts tons of plastic flowers up in the winter so her yard will look nice for guests when they visit. Even nature can't be itself around her.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2009 7:56am

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you telling me those PR photos on the JSW website with the several dozen black belts all lined up on either side of her are fake black belts? Doesn't suprise me though. Belt rank with TYK is just another one of her frivolities. Seems I've read she demoted others as she did me.

Her brother would charge his black belts to have their hands registered with the police as deadly weapons. I tried to point out the absurdity of this to one of his students before she went ahead and paid, and I hope I got through to her. I guess there's no end to the gullibility of people.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2009 12:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was thinking about the hair-pulling WhiteBear mentioned, and I remembered when my mom had her hair pulled while in a brief marriage to an abusive man. He ripped her hair so badly that half of it was ragged short. My mom asked me to cut it, and looking back I feel like I was an enabler, helping her hide her suffering from the world.

A few years after I joined COL, TYK suddenly got this idea that all the women should cut their hair short. She said long hair contained "old energy." My theory about this used to be that she envied women with hair better than hers (she wears wigs for a reason), and maybe that's partly true. But I have a new theory.

TYK often disguises punishments by giving other students the same regimen as a "special program." For example, in the first thread Jdms talked about how when she was punished for some sort of mild physical encounter with an instructor with a severe diet, several other women were put on the same diet so she wouldn't appear singled out. Another poster explained that the rash of name changes that afflicted COL at one point was due to a student whose credit TYK had ruined changing their name to hide their debt.

My new theory about the haircuts is that TYK ripped a female student's hair, had that student get a haircut, and then made all the women get haircuts due to "old energy" to hide what happened. I think I have an idea who the victim might have been.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/19/2009 9:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jung suwon

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good theory Bemused. I can totally see that happening, hiding the reason for the haircuts so as not to have one stand out. I remember all the women being told to get their haircut short and about the "old enegee".

Another thing that could back up your theory is that TYK herself often cuts students hair these days. The 'being dragged around by the hair incident' I refer to is fairly recent, within the past few years. It is probably something she has done all along when she gets really pissed off. It is scary to have her cut your hair. You have to say "wow ma'am, it looks great!" or appear ungrateful. Some students have cried afterwards and then learned to have an excuse to leave when she asks for her hair cutting kit.

Failed Student, the black belts on the JSW website are real although many have been double, triple or quadruple promoted to their newest rank. TYK stated many times that as founder of her own art, she can and will promote any one at any time as she feels like it. It is hard to know what rank is based on. Some have worked very hard and have the skills, others are more "honorary" much like recieving an honorary PhD.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/19/2009 12:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember when I was there. My hair never got cut. I just wore wigs. Course I have worn wigs on and off for most of my life. The only thing I didn't like is she had me wear my wig at the end, during class. I didn't care if people saw me without my wig, but apparently she did. All the blackbelts that were blackbelts deserved to be blackbelts when I was there.The junior and the seniors. They were the best I have seen.
    The real deal. No muss, no fuss, just truth

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2009 5:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=WhiteBear;2172427]
    Another thing that could back up your theory is that TYK herself often cuts students hair these days. The 'being dragged around by the hair incident' I refer to is fairly recent, within the past few years. It is probably something she has done all along when she gets really pissed off. It is scary to have her cut your hair. You have to say "wow ma'am, it looks great!" or appear ungrateful. Some students have cried afterwards and then learned to have an excuse to leave when she asks for her hair cutting kit.
    quote]

1)Having one's hair shorn was the way women collaborators were punished and humiliated after World War II, especially in France. 2)A woman's hair is referred to as her "crowning glory" in an old shampoo ad. 3)There is a scene in a recent movie - "The Magdalene Sisters" in which a woman tries to escape from the punitive laundry, only to get caught and have her hair cut off. 4)In Orthodox Judaism, once a woman is married, she wears a wig so no man will look with desire upon her other than her husband, as she does not wear it when in private with him.

I am just thinking that perhaps there is a connection here, in that short hair is less feminine and less attractive to men. TYK is thus trying to control her women students once again by this humiliating act of cutting their hair, in which apparently they have little choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2009 5:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Failed Student, those are all likely factors in why Kimmie asked the women to cut their hair. Kimmie loves to humiliate. As for choice, I resisted cutting my hair for a while. Kimmie made comments about my not trusting her or supporting the group. The other women made comments too. I finally caved in because I felt uncomfortable being the odd one out in a group to which I wanted to belong.

Later Kimmie suggested some of us grow our hair out. She also recommended color changes to some women, seemingly at whim. I think part of it was she enjoyed telling people what to do in a very personal area and seeing them go out and do it--power for its own sake.

Kimmie also likes to do COL women's makeup. She's competent at it although she uses too much and sometimes goes for effects that only work on stage.

The first time she did mine I wrote in my journal that I felt she was taking away my identity. I also complained about her criticism of my looks while doing it. I said that some people had told me I was pretty enough to be a model, which was true, although I'm sure not everyone who looked at me thought that (I was in my 20s). Kimmie was pissed. It was around the time of the tithing incident, and between the makeup and the money, she threatened to dismiss me.

Kimmie thought I had thin, narrow lips, and one time when she was doing my makeup she gave me bozo lips. I tried not to complain, but she could tell I didn't like it and again accused me of not trusting her. Obviously, I had reason not to.

One time when she was doing my makeup she used mascara to darken my eyebrows. It's a gentler look than using a pencil. I remarked that I always did that even before I met her, and she got pissed. I thought she would be pleased, but I guess she didn't like me having any good beauty ideas on my own.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 6:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to agree with you Bemused. Kimmie's make-up is stage-worthy. Talk about a painted woman. I remember when I was at her house and she was putting her face on, she would apply those ridiculously long false eyelashes. Then the exaggerated lips, and so on. No wonder people stared at her in the street.

I was looking at that video of her at MBF's wedding - there again, it was all about Kimmie, as the bride had to show her gratitude to TYK, then break a board with an axe kick, in her weddng dress for crissakes. How ridiculous can you get? Anyway, she was wearing that ill fitting pick pants suit, and her boobs were out of proportion wih the rest of her body, and I think that if she fell down face forward, she'd bounce right back up again.

Is she not aware of the spectacle she makes of herself, or does she just not care?