Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 8:56pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicabonita
    We even wore the cult t-shirts in the form of T-shirts with Tae Yun Kim's face on it.
    For a while we all wore T-shirts that said, "Be an original, not a copy." TYK got irritated when outsiders pointed out the irony of all of us "originals" wearing copies of the same shirt. Looking back, I think that T-shirt symbolized especially well the difference between what TYK promised and what she delivered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 9:11pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicabonita
    When I left, ... it was also predicted that I would soon get into a life threatening car accident. I was also told that God wasn't happy with me and that God would punish me. Most people that try to leave COL are told similar things and that they won't amount to anything if they leave.
    When I left, TYK said she was worried about me because I had such a messed up love life before I joined and that without her "energy" I would have a messed up love life again. Now I'm happily married and she is being sued for palimony.

Living well really is the best revenge.
    Last edited by bemused; 3/28/2008 9:14pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 3:22am

Style: Glock 19

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanbeld
    OMG! this video made me laugh so hard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnNSe5XYp6E

HOLY CRAP.. this is amazing

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 3:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That schedules looks like google's development schedule.. lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 3:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Soooo.. did SHS read a book on making a cult?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 10:21am

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe since shs didn't have the charm to become a cult leader, he read a book on how to take a stupid ugly woman and make her into a cult leader! Guess he didn't realize he would make a uncontrollable Frankenstein and turn on everyone including him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 1:12pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HerLesson
    I believe since shs didn't have the charm to become a cult leader, he read a book on how to take a stupid ugly woman and make her into a cult leader! Guess he didn't realize he would make a uncontrollable Frankenstein and turn on everyone including him.
    That's an excellent analogy HerLesson. The Frankenstein/golem monster has neither soul nor compassion.

However there are some serious ramifications to creating such a being, not only of the thing turning on it's creator, but of it also destroying those it was meant to protect.
    Last edited by Failed Student; 4/01/2008 1:19pm at .

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 2:23pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, what a fantastic read. Thank you all for your contributions, especially Chicabonita. I remember you and your brother well. I joined in late '85 and lasted almost 3 years. Like most of you, when I left I was told I would amount to nothing without "Grandmaster". Well, I have gone on to enjoy a really full life.

I periodically look for new information (really hoping for news of her exposure), and was quite happy to read the latest events. I remember when I left, I felt a certain responsibility to inform/rescue my fellow followers. I soon realized that we all come to our own truths in our own time, and that my attempts to convince others would be futile. I went on to study cults and quickly recognized that Kyong-Ae/Tea Yun Kim followed the cult template to a tee.

I remember in one Energy Class we were talking about being brain washed, and we all said "Yes, 'Mam, if this is brain washed, then I want to be brain washed". Just as Chicabonita wrote, the brainwahing happens slowly, over time. And when you are in the midst of the cult, you really don't see it clearly.

Anyways, thanks to all of your contributions. I am so happy to read that someone as indoctrinated as Chicabonita was, can transition into a independent life with such flair.

I'm looking forward to October, and I just might show up to watch the show. Can someone please post the address to the courthouse? Thanks.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 3:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://news.aol.com/story/_a/more-le...01124309990001

If you notice in this article.......the leader does not do what the followers have to do..........

Welcome Carol56, If you were there in 88 we must know each other. Were you there when Ken Kochan left?

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 3:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, Kathy, for the welcome. I may be off a little on my dates, but I think I left around the same time as Ken Kochan.
Page 7 of 156 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910111757107 ... LastLast