Page 62 of 156 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162 6364656672112 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2008 5:08pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought I'd contribute a bit more on brainwashing.

A hormone and neurotransmitter called oxytocin aids new bonding, such as that of a mother to her newborn child or infatuated lovers to each other. It is also released under stress such as sleep deprivation, isolation, or unhappiness in relationships. It inhibits the fight or flight response. It also increases neuroplasticity, which enables new learning but can interfere with retaining old learning.

Oxytocin appears to be a major player in brainwashing, the "soap" as it were. It can facilitate the stripping of an old identity and the formation of a new identity based on affiliation with a leader or group. It is produced in response to both the rewards and punishments involved in brainwashing. Its dual action could explain Stockholm Syndrome, similar to brainwashing, which occurs when hostages become loyal to their captors.

Given the importance of stress in addition to punishment, I'm thinking that stressors like sleep deprivation are part of brainwashing after all, though not sufficient by themselves.

I'm posting all this technical info to show just how damaged we were. The emotional abuse and manipulation we were subjected to combined with the stressful environment were like a very powerful drug. And even the good times, when we had parties or when TYK praised us, were part of her invasion of our minds.

It is very common for former cult members to have PTSD symptoms. There is even a new diagnosis, Complex PTSD, which applies to people who survived captivity, such as former prisoners, hostages, abused spouses, and cult members. Standard PTSD is typically caused by one intense traumatic event, while Complex PTSD is caused by a series of less intense traumatic events.

The essence of PTSD is phobic triggers, reminders of trauma that cause flashbacks and anxiety when they can't be avoided. I have only a few of these, but they're biggies: authoritarian or egotistical leaders; churches, even liberal ones; and New Agey writings, meditation, crystals, candles, etc. I used to react to Korean accents, but I think I've gotten over that one.
    Last edited by bemused; 7/04/2008 5:10pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2008 5:20pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    About the latest TYK video, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with an older person joining a rock band on stage for fun. What's different about TYK is that she thinks this makes her special, and she thinks she pulls it off. Most of the time when a fan joins the band, they don't CARE how silly they look. TYK doesn't KNOW how silly she looks.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2008 9:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by clarehoare
    Hey i don't know if this video has been posted yet, but you all should go over and look at this gem:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ntMbb8MceQ
    which appears to have been posted by EAS herself....

I'm not sure if its just my well removed perspective, but thats a whole lot of crazy.
    Whoa! Check her out rockin' that cowbell baby! Have to say, if you're going to pretend to be a rocker chick, the least you can do is to learn the chords so it isn't obvious that you can't play worth &%*! The guy with the neon green guitar looked like he was about to burst out laughing!

I've got the perfect song for this cultmaster ...Jethro Tull Anyone?

"Too Old To Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young To Die"

The old Rocker wore his hair too long,
    wore his trouser cuffs too tight.
    Unfashionable to the end --- drank his ale too light.
    Death's head belt buckle --- yesterday's dreams ---
    the transport caf' prophet of doom.
    Ringing no change in his double-sewn seams
    in his post-war-babe gloom.

Now he's too old to Rock'n'Roll but he's too young to die.

He once owned a Harley Davidson and a Triumph Bonneville.
    Counted his friends in burned-out spark plugs
    and prays that he always will.
    But he's the last of the blue blood greaser boys
    all of his mates are doing time:
    married with three kids up by the ring road
    sold their souls straight down the line.
    And some of them own little sports cars
    and meet at the tennis club do's.
    For drinks on a Sunday --- work on Monday.
    They've thrown away their blue suede shoes.

Now they're too old to Rock'n'Roll and they're too young to die.

So the old Rocker gets out his bike
    to make a ton before he takes his leave.
    Up on the A1 by Scotch Corner
    just like it used to be.
    And as he flies --- tears in his eyes ---
    his wind-whipped words echo the final take
    and he hits the trunk road doing around 120
    with no room left to brake.

And he was too old to Rock'n'Roll but he was too young to die.
    And he was too old to Rock'n'Roll but he was too young to die. :ninja2:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2008 11:04am

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rossanna, you always have the perfect words that fit the situation!

You know the saying "if you have no rhythm on the dance floor, you have no rhythm in bed". And she certainly proved by the video she has no rhythm on the dance floor...
    Last edited by HerLesson; 7/06/2008 11:11am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2008 4:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jung suwon

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone seen JP's blog on myspace? It is quite insightful into the mind of someone who has grown up under TKY's rule. Here is the first part of an entry written on July 1st titled: "Sickening..."

"Living life as a juvenile, innocent, and only caring for things that are fun and exciting...are slowly starting to drift away. Life as an adult is presented, and as I grow, so do others. Life is beautiful, but there are things that are tainted within it...people and their own selfishness."

"Lately, I've been experiencing a series of events with people demonstrating again and again how those, without principles, back stab, and totally dishonor everything about themselves and others. After each event that happens, it makes you lose hope in people. You lose the trust because you're aftrad. Afraid to give, afraid to help."

He wrote more, specifically about TYK but even looking at what he wrote here, it is obvious that someone (other than he) has awakened to the truth about TYK. He doesn't understand why. Where he talks about tainted and selfish people, this is exactly how TKY paints people who have left or have stood up to her. JP talks about no principles, back stabbing and lack of honor yet he doesn't realize that it is his master that is all these things.

It's too bad that he doesn't loose trust in her instead of in helping others. Thankfully the other kids who spent time with TYK (full time cult members) managed to get out and learn about real life without her. They can make their own decisions and live free.

MP, we know you are reading this. It is not too late to get yourself and your son away from TYK's clutches. You of all people see through her BS. JP is amazing in spite of, not because of TYK. Your family will support you. Tell JP the truth. Yes, TYK has promoted him from black belt to 4th degree black belt in order to keep him but he can use his training in many ways beyond Jung SuWon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 11:13am

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I truly believe all col'ers can see her intended to deceive or mislead. She is a fake inside and out. The problem with cult members, as mentioned before, is that they are afraid of change and admitting to themselves that the have been duped. They would rather stay in an abusive relationship then admit that they made an error in judgment. So they continue to lie to themselves that all is well when in reality they are unhappy.

Remember...live every day to the fullest. Each minute is a blessing and never forget the people who make a difference in our lives are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care for us.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 11:16am

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HerLesson
    I truly believe all col'ers can see her intended to deceive or mislead. She is a fake inside and out. The problem with cult members, as mentioned before, is that they are afraid of change and admitting to themselves that the have been duped. They would rather stay in an abusive relationship then admit that they made an error in judgment. So they continue to lie to themselves that all is well when in reality they are unhappy.

Remember...live every day to the fullest. Each minute is a blessing and never forget the people who make a difference in our lives are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care for us.
    AMEN........I totally agree with you Herlesson
    The real deal. No muss, no fuss, just truth

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 2:02pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    White Bear -

I seriously doubt that JP wrote that . More likely, Tae Yun Kim told him what to write, and what with all the privileges he has been given, he went along with it unquestioningly.

The term "back stab" is one that she used on numerous occasions, and as I continued to read your post, I believe JP is just her mouthpiece. I think that all our truthful posts have in fact gotten to her, and she is lashing out.

I also believe she is starting to condition him into letting go of all those privileges and become another one of her mindless followers.

In my experience, she was nice to me until she got her claws into me and started draining my resources, financial, physical, and emotional. When I started to draw away, then things got rough, and she threw back at me everything I had said in confidence to her and publicly humiliated me, both here and when she got to California. Not only that, she insulted my family, based on erroneous assumptions. She does not let go easily, because ever person that leaves her weakens her power base and is a potential threat, as they can infect those still under her influence but maybe having doubts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 2:10pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recall an incident where I alone differed with Tae Yun Kim.

She had a picture of a lioness with a cub, which she was carrying gently by the scruff of it's neck. TYK asked what we saw in the picture, and I said that I saw a lion cub that wanted to play but was brought back to the den or wherever by the mother. TYK said that the lioness was crying because the cub had left and she was bringing it back. Everyone but myself agreed with that interpretation.

As a scientific fact, lions probably do have tear ducts, but I don't know whether they have the capability of crying. That's really not the issue. What is at issue is that my interpretation was slammed down as wrong and that only her interpretation was correct.

I still say the cub wanted to play and be free. Anyone see the analogies here?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 3:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi there Failed Student: I remember when we would see movies and then she would talk about it later. The impression she got of the movie and what I got was entirely different most of the time. Sometimes I wondered if we even watched the same movie together!! But you need to say, at least to be able to stay in good graces, yes ma'am you are so right so insightful. Course I was given more more freedom of speech, because I talked alot, and I was the oldest one there. There were still thngs that she could use me for. But she got much worse after I left. I don't know how everyone takes it. At least we have all shared some of our experiences and maybe it will do some good for those that try to join her col.
    The real deal. No muss, no fuss, just truth