Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/07/2008 1:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bemused
    You inspired me, Ryan. I just did a Google search on "Jung SuWon" to see what I would get. Part 1 of this thread is hit 3, part 2 is hit 4, and the Inside Edition video is hit 6. And check out the reviews on hit 9:

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3711625145

Paul N. is a COL student who is featured in the IE video. He's doing the usual PR.

But Greg D. couldn't be any of the COL students I knew. He says, "...my children and I have something to do together...." As far as I know, none of the male COL students have children.

"Greg" must have earned his black belt after I left and either joined COL or become an especially enthusiastic non-COL martial arts student. Or maybe the reviewer is lying. I'm inclined to believe the latter, because "Greg" says he went to Korea, and it's almost always the COL students who go to Korea with TYK. The few people who joined COL after I left have pretty much been accounted for on this thread, and "Greg" doesn't sound like one of them.
    They both give the place 5 stars. Go figure. Oh well you know how they are. Most of us have been in the same spot they are. They are saving face for their "queen mother" second coming,so she thinks. I don't care what they say anymore myself. I know how much is the truth and what is lies. They live it now. I already went through it. I hope the number of people that get hurt by her are less. I feel I have posted and given as much as I can. The only part that really gets to me now is that she swears to be a good Catholic and she is not truly practicing the faith. But you know what? God knows and she can't use her broken English or her lies on him and I know that she will burn for eternity in hell. That was her choice. Tae Yun Kim you know what I am saying to be true. I love my God and my church and I know of his forgiveness, but what you are doing is worse than a mortal sin.
    The real deal. No muss, no fuss, just truth

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2008 3:15pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm still concerned when TYK lies to the public because those who believe what she says about herself can get lured in and hurt. Kathy and AG especially prove that even the most street-smart people are not immune to this. That's why this thread, especially part 1, is so important.

I can understand folks wanting to take a break from posting, though, or even to stop posting. It can be emotionally exhausting. Besides, what has already been posted has exposed most of TYK's major cruelties and crimes--I hope.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2008 9:28pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you know how to catch wild pigs?'

'You catch wild pigs by finding a suitable place in the woods and putting corn on the ground. The pigs find it, and begin to come every day to eat the free corn. When they are used to coming every day, you put a fence down one side of the place where they are used to coming. When they get used to the fence, they begin to eat the corn again, and you put up another side of the fence. They get used to that, and start to eat again. You continue until you have all four sides of the fence up with a gate in the last side. The pigs, who are used to the free corn, start to come through the gate to eat, and you slam the gate on them and catch the whole herd.

Suddenly, the wild pigs have lost their freedom. They run around and around inside the fence, but they are caught. Soon they go back to eating the free corn. They are so used to it that they have forgotten how to forage in the woods for themselves, so they accept their captivity.

COL'ERS THINK ABOUT IT!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/10/2008 10:32pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bemused
    Wow, it's been six days and I still have the last word. I hope folks have stopped posting due to a busy beginning of summer and not out of fear.

I just got back from a nice extended weekend of celebrating my dad's birthday with both of my sisters. I probably will be posting less until mid-July because of an architectural appreciation event that my hubby and I are coordinating. But if anyone wants to reach me they can send me a private message.
    Not fearful, just busy trying to play catch up in life in order to make up for what TYK took away. I'm looking forward til the TRUTH comes out. Justice will be served one way or another....whether in court or cosmically, the universe has a way of balancing everything out. You should know that better than anyone TYK.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2008 11:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I googled "martial arts cult" just to see what I would get. Most of the hits described martial arts cults in general or one in particular, Chung Moo Doe, led by John C. Kim. Check it out.

Steven Hassan's cult website has a description written by a former member:

http://www.freedomofmind.com/resourc...roups/c/chung/

YouTube has these news clips:

YouTube - Cult and the Con

There are obvious similarities to TYK. I had to laugh when he said, "I have a hard time to speak English." He plays the same game, including pretending to be an ignorant foreigner.
    Last edited by bemused; 6/19/2008 1:10pm at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/19/2008 12:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boy Bemused...that all sounded so familar. I know the IRS asked me about all the cash that I had given to her. I'm sure many others have informed them too. The healing part...actually most all of it, reminded me of her. Maybe she modeled after him? Didn't it say 1983? Looks like there will be lots of questions to answer. :)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/20/2008 9:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jung suwon

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The similarities between these two cults are astonishing. There is a book titled "Herding the Moo" that goes into detail of life in the cult. For example: driving in a line and not allowing any other cars to break the "energy chain", having ridiculous parties/classes at the leaders mansion and even clapping and shouting "Chung Moo!" at the end of the martial arts classes. The book can be purchased through Amazon and excerpts are available online. Fascinating reading for any exCOL'ers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2008 11:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome, WhiteBear. Many of the regular posters on this thread are off for the summer, so it's rather quiet right now. But a few of us are here to answer questions, and we would be interested in hearing about your experiences as well.

I saw your post in the newbie thread, and to answer your question, there are many threads here on martial arts cults. Here's one I discovered just the other day:

Fang Shen Do: Tales From the Inner Circle - No BS Martial Arts

It sounds like a more physically brutal group than COL typically was.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/20/2008 1:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes we had to drive in a line.....Can't break that energy gap. Also do it in ranking order. We had to chant tae yun tae yun all the while looking and meditating in front of a big picture of her or just in a group setting.. You chant tae yun tae yun so much till it is burnt into your mind and soul. I think that is the purpose. I may check that book out.
    Welcome to the board whitebear.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2008 8:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems there are many martial arts cults, and their modus operandi is so similar there must be a playbook.

Innocent persons enter into these questionable dojos and dojangs with both ignorance of the art and of the devious means by which they become victmized by unsavory types.

As I read the news, starting with the atrocities in Zimbabwe, continuing on with the suppression in Myanmar, the drug wars in Mexico, the kidnappings in Colombia, Darfur, Sudan, etc., I begin to wonder whether "evil" will triumph over "good". Then I have to question the definition of "good" - is it the Western Judaeo-Christian concept of the nuclear family, where anyone or anything that falls outside those narrow parameters is a pariah, whether for their religious beliefs, their sexual orientation, or their political bent. Who ultimately are the "terrorists" ? Who the hell are we to go into Nigeria and exploit their oil resources without benefiting their people? Why too did we kill hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraquis based on concocted evidence? Who is to say our way of life is how everyone should live?

Perhaps the manifold natural disasters we now are experiencing are Nature's way of taking back control. I believe that we have brought this all upon ourselves, starting with not regulating our population growth, which now has the ripple effect of straining our natural resources, our food supply, and our comfortable way of life. Density of population leads to both mental and physical stress, and we seek ways to alleviate that and find new avenues of pleasure.

Cults have been around since the dawn of civilization. They are becoming more sophisticated with the help of mind bending techniques. The Korean war added the term "brainwash" to our lexicon, and the practices of sensory deprivation, isolation, and reprogramming began to spread. Whether from early childhood trauma, strict religious upbringings, or just an individual's personality, there will always victims from which self-seeking, greedy, and uncaring persons will exploit, enslave, and impoverish others in order to sit upon an uneasy throne.

So it seems that to continue, the disciples must be well trained in their master's style. In this sense, even Christianity is predicated upon the master and his disciples. I would like to believe that Jesus was a good man, but over time, the zealots made a mess of Christianity, what with the Inquisition and destruction of native civilizations and forced conversions. This too happened with Islam - those that did not convert were summarily killed.

So we are all complicit and if I add a note of gloom to this forum, I apologize. Just my humble two cents.