Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2008 12:59pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bemused
    If a situation arises in which assets belonging to TYK, SHS, MBF, TCS, and MEA are seized, I think the money should go to those currently in COL and those very recently out, such as JH and AT. They need it more than those of us who have had time to rebuild our lives.

There is a precedent for this. When the Democratic Worker's Party, a Marxist political cult located in the SF Bay Area, was dissolved, its assets were distributed among those left in the cult.
    I agree with you Bemused, concerning any funds that may be recovered.

As for myself, I am so far away from this situation timewise, it would not be in my best interests to try and recover money. However, if any litigation were to award me compensation, I would not touch it, but rather donate it to a non-profit organization that helps victims of abuse. The term "blood money" comes to mind, and also I would not want anything that once had Tae Yun Kim's infamous "enagee" on it.

I wanted to add to Yeoman's post about the Catholic Church pedophile case here. The Bishop, Salvatore Matano, wrote a letter to his parishoners in which he sincerely apologized for the abuses of his church, even though he was not the presiding bishop at the time. Although I am no fan of the church of Rome for many reasons, I feel that he did a noble thing by accepting responsibility for the past errors of his employer. Can we accept any kind of mea culpa from Tae Yun Kim? I think not. In her mind, she is right and lives in her own little world, surrounded by her timorous syncophants who don't have the caillones to tell her the truth about anything. She is so insulated from reality, no unfavorable judgment against her can make her come to her senses. She will go to her grave still believing her way is the right way...either that or she is the worst kind of con artist God ever created.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2008 2:41pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I'm speculating on the possibility that TYK's racket might be dissolved in the future, however likely or unlikely this may be, I should mention that most of those still in COL would not view this as a good thing and would be furious at anyone involved in such a dissolution. This was COL's attitude when a bunch of part-timers defected in 1998 and told their stories to Inside Edition.

To those of you who were never in COL, I'm sure this outcome would make no sense, but it's grounded in psychology. It's like Stockholm Syndrome, except that instead of an armed hostage-taker, the captor is a seductive charmer who knows how to make people feel special.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2008 3:08pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bemused
    While I'm speculating on the possibility that TYK's racket might be dissolved in the future, however likely or unlikely this may be, I should mention that most of those still in COL would not view this as a good thing and would be furious at anyone involved in such a dissolution. This was COL's attitude when a bunch of part-timers defected in 1998 and told their stories to Inside Edition.

To those of you who were never in COL, I'm sure this outcome would make no sense, but it's grounded in psychology. It's like Stockholm Syndrome, except that instead of an armed hostage-taker, the captor is a seductive charmer who knows how to make people feel special.
    There is also the type person that needs a cult like environment. After Rajneesh's folly in the pacific northwest was dissolved, one of his followers went and joined Jim Jones' cult. I guess some people just like to be led around and told what to do.

One can get used to anything and accept it as normal. Even the underground people of Austria are being given an environment similar to what they had - small rooms where they can hide themselves away in and feel safe. Sad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2008 3:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another reason I'm not thrilled about the possibility of facing TYK in court is that the court system is designed to protect defendants from the state, not to protect victims from defendants. Former cult members are in a situation much like rape victims: some outside observers tend to think they asked for it. For some people, blaming the victim is easier than acknowledging either the cruelty of the perpetrator or the helplessness of the victim.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2008 2:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Texas Court of Appeals ruled today that removing the children from the polygamous Yearning for Zion ranch was too extreme, citing lack of evidence of widespread abuse. The children were instructed not to cooperate, and people from the outside world probably frightened them, so it's likely not much evidence was found. (Personally I think removing only the pregnant teenagers might have been a better decision.)

I'm reminded of when Child Protective Services interviewed the COL kids. All of them defended COL at the time. If they hadn't, there probably would have been enough evidence to prove neglect at least. Chica, Ryan, Clar, and AT probably would have been placed with the parent outside of COL. The L family was about to reunite outside of COL anyway. I'm not sure what might have happened to JP.
    Last edited by bemused; 5/22/2008 2:35pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 11:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, it's been six days and I still have the last word. I hope folks have stopped posting due to a busy beginning of summer and not out of fear.

I just got back from a nice extended weekend of celebrating my dad's birthday with both of my sisters. I probably will be posting less until mid-July because of an architectural appreciation event that my hubby and I are coordinating. But if anyone wants to reach me they can send me a private message.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 11:34am

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know for me, I too have been busy with life. Although, I have been communication privately with others as well. As far as I know October is still on!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2008 1:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    anybody here from the bay area?? cuz tyk's studio is in fremont. : ) yay !!! cant wait to sign up and learn taekwondo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2008 1:33am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    still talking about plastic face???? or just random chat???

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2008 11:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The regular posters here are taking a break for a while to tend to their busy summer lives. But stay tuned: in October there will be a suit/countersuit between TYK and the former president of her company, who was also her semi-secret lover for many years. It will take place in a San Jose courthouse and many exers plan on attending.

Many of us exers live in the Bay Area, but most of us don't want to be too specific in case TYK's minions want to find us.