Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 2:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For me, personally, I just want to get on with my life. I'll be 50 this year - I see no reason to waste anymore time on the past. Besides, if we sue, who will pay? It will be those others like us who are still under her control. That's not right.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 3:06pm

Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doesn't she have some sizeable assets? Liquidate. Liquidate. Liquidate. And I am sure many of those who are still in COL, will no longer have to feed the machine, thus being set free and survive like the rest of you/us. Of course only those that participate in a class action lawsuit will see some if any proceeds. Those who don't, won't.

COL is going to be just like the rest of the world. Uncertainty, pain, hardship. At least the posters here are directing their own lives and not taking care of someone else. They can instead focus on their own selves. If anyone wants to stay in that environment, that is sad and unfortunate but you can't make people jump off a sinking ship, leave a burning building, that is their choice. Therefore they are living the life THEY are choosing. Whether they are using info that misguides or misdirects them, that is THEIR choice. Whether their free will has been surrendered to another, that is still THEIR choice.

IF someone is making them do things and they allow it or submit, still that is THEIR choice. We want the best for them, and I think in everyone's estimation it would be to lead their own lives. If we post here until we are blue in the face and they still decide to stay well, they are the ones who are accountable for making that choice. Prayer is a non-denominational service we can provide for those in COL. Pray to God, pray to the Universe, Pray to Trees if you have to. Pray to someone or something. Just pray for those in COL.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 3:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe that big ol ranch can be turned into a healing center.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 3:22pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourKin
    Doesn't she have some sizeable assets? Liquidate. Liquidate. Liquidate. And I am sure many of those who are still in COL, will no longer have to feed the machine, thus being set free and survive like the rest of you/us. Of course only those that participate in a class action lawsuit will see some if any proceeds. Those who don't, won't.

I would think that Tae Yun Kim would be the principal person to sue since she probably has all the money. Her chief henchmen should also be included in the suit since they carried out her orders, but ultimately one should go after the person(s) with the deepest pockets. She's not paying her COL employees much so they couldn't ante up restitution funds nor money for her legal defense.

That house she lives in is worth a few million and would be worth the effort. As to whether she has money stashed away in Swiss bank accounts, I do not know.

The woman in Austria, Natasha Kampusch, who was a prisoner for eight years, was awarded her captor's house and now lives in it - above ground.

Take Your Kin's suggestion of using her property as a healing center may be a good idea - a place to work through past traumas and see the world in a new lght.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 5:02pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure that suing TYK would be worth the time, effort, and legal fees. I'm enjoying my life, and years in court could only lessen that enjoyment, especially if I was facing TYK. If someone else started a class action suit and adding my case could strengthen their case, I might consider joining it, but I'd have to think hard about it.

It might be difficult to prove the harm that was done. I have records of my earnings during my employment at Lighthouse, but when JW asked me in an exit interview if I was fairly compensated, I said "yes" because I was trying to leave nicely. In a trial, that would definitely come up.

I also have journals that mention some of the emotional abuse of myself and others, but during the last few years I had to sign each one and say I wanted to be in COL. At one point I was also videotaped saying how much I liked being in COL.

Finally, I have medical records showing that I had iron-deficiency anemia and adrenal exhaustion. But it might not be too easy to blame the state of my health on TYK. Except for those on long special programs, people in COL had some choice in what they ate.

AG is in a different situation. TYK sued him first. I think he has the stronger case, and I hope he prevails. But I wouldn't want to be in his place.

All I want to do is tell my own story in the hope that others will be warned away from cults in general and TYK in particular.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 5:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To me it is not worth the time or the effort. If asked to confirm something that I knew to be accurate and the truth, that is a different story. The posting here was, for me, to have new people know what they are getting into. What has gone on in the past. As far as those that are there. It is their choice. Like what was said, just send up your prayers.
    The real deal. No muss, no fuss, just truth

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2008 2:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From my estimation, no one here is money hungry and eager to make a buck off someone else's misery. Quite the opposite. And even the responses have a certain humble quality to them. This is a nice change from what generally happens.

It isn't about making money or being financially compensated. Maybe it is about showing someone HOW they affected any/all of you. That, what they did, no matter what THEY thought, was wrong. That you were wronged. Since you can't have your pound of flesh and an Eye for an eye doesn't really work anymore now that we are no longer using B.C. Maybe think of it more as punishment to that party and some little reward to you for righting all those wrongs.

It will never be fair. Maybe there isn't enough money in the world to balance all the damage and negativity. I understand that putting a monetary amount to pain and suffering might seem cheap and degrading and if some small amount was awarded, that some might equate that sum to be insulting to their worth. Not at all. Victory isn't measured in dollars. Justice isn't a price.

Lives have been altered. Yes you made decisions. Were you kinda influenced? YES! You were in a cult environment. There is no shame in your game. You all at least have had the sense to break away. Standing up for yourself is never easy and neither is standing up for the right things.

Certainly there are some of you who want to move on. That is perfectly fine. Don't want to revisit the past. That is great too. You feel enough validation just posting, then my hat is off to you. But please don't walk away from an opportunity to further right those wrongs because of any fears. No, I haven't walked in your shoes. But, I do know what it is like to be controlled. Abused. Brainwashed.

If any monies were to be collected it could go to an assitance fund monitored by a trustee or trustees. After leaving an environment like that, who couldn't use some help? I am sure there are attorneys who would love a case like this, quid pro quo baby! And with all your contacts, smarts, etc, it wouldn't be hard to find a willing team.

Okay, so I am an outsider and I don't know anything. But I am still a person who knows what it is to be sleighted, cheated, deceived and would want for anyone, who has been subjected to such blatant disregard to life, liberty and the pursuit, to be vindicated.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2008 9:15am

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that is the problem, to all it is not worth the time or the effort...and she continues the abuse.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2008 11:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TYK has been sued before and has settled out of court with gag orders. Her abuses were quietly tucked away where no one could see them. The Inside Edition video and this thread have done far more damage to her reputation than any of her previous court battles. Just look at how hard she has tried to get those two items off the top 10 search hits for her name--without success.

The battle with AG could have different results because AG is prepared to go through with a public trial. But reports of the trial in the press are as likely to affect TYK as the trial itself, if not more so.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2008 11:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If a situation arises in which assets belonging to TYK, SHS, MBF, TCS, and MEA are seized, I think the money should go to those currently in COL and those very recently out, such as JH and AT. They need it more than those of us who have had time to rebuild our lives.

There is a precedent for this. When the Democratic Worker's Party, a Marxist political cult located in the SF Bay Area, was dissolved, its assets were distributed among those left in the cult.