Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2008 7:16pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bemused

As for spirituality, if God is omnipresent, then there is no special place or activity necessary for meeting or understanding God. If we are God's creation, then there is nothing we can do that is more sacred than to fulfill our potential and help others to do the same.
    You are the bane of organized religion Bemused, but I have to agree with you.
    Like everything else, religion is a business, they sell a product, and strive to convince you that you need what they're selling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 1:58pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman
    Like everything else, religion is a business, they sell a product, and strive to convince you that you need what they're selling.
    This reminds me of a cartoon. Two aliens are in their flying saucer, hovering over a church. One says to the other, "They earn money by promising a better life after death." The other says, "Sweet!"

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/13/2008 12:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone gone to see the movie Expelled - No Intelligence Allowed? It is quite interesting for believers and non believers. Everyone is free to believe what they want. That is a reason our nation is so great. I know I believe in Our Father, His Son and the Holy Spirit. I also know that the first commandment says not to worship false Idols or Gods. Which is why tyk is wrong for even letting her col worship her and make them put her above themselves or their family. Mortal sin and damnation for eternity. Think about it tyk.
    The real deal. No muss, no fuss, just truth

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2008 2:12pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kathy -

It's nice to know you have a belief system and that it gives you peace.
    Proselytizing, from either camp is wrong, and whether Tae Yun Kim demands her followers prostrate themselves to her or whether you do an affirmation of your faith, I am uncomfortable with it.

I don't mean to be contentious, because I also espouse freedom of choice in all its manifestations, but I do not think this is the forum for religious declarations.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/13/2008 3:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Failed Student
    Kathy -

It's nice to know you have a belief system and that it gives you peace.
    Proselytizing, from either camp is wrong, and whether Tae Yun Kim demands her followers prostrate themselves to her or whether you do an affirmation of your faith, I am uncomfortable with it.

I don't mean to be contentious, because I also espouse freedom of choice in all its manifestations, but I do not think this is the forum for religious declarations.
    Failed Student, That is quite all right to feel uncomfortable with it. I felt uncomfortable not saying it. It is meant for her to read, as she does put herself up there as God, or Jesus, or the second coming. If she professes to be so religious, there are commandments to follow. So I am showing that she does not follow them. Just another untruth of her supposedly truths. I am not trying to make you or others believe something that you don't. I hope you feel more comfortable with my post now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2008 3:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm guessing, but perhaps Failed Student was reacting to your bringing up the controversial movie Expelled - No Intelligence Allowed, which is not directly relevant to the topic of this thread, which is TYK.

Of course, I sometimes poke fun at religion in general, which is going beyond criticizing cults and is probably irrelevant at the other extreme. I think people have a right to believe or not believe what they want to, although I think all beliefs should be open to criticism.

As for the movie, I probably won't see it after reading about it. I studied biology in school (I was a bio-psych major), and I can tell you that support for the theory of evolution is so strong that it's written in the DNA of every living thing on the planet. A biologist who doesn't accept the theory of evolution is as out of place as an astronaut who believes the earth is flat.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/13/2008 7:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't always explain myself, or what I am saying as well as you or Failed Student, Bemused. But part of being part of tyk's cult, we went to many movies. As has been mentioned in this thread. Then she tells you how to believe what that movie meant. Do you think she went to that movie? She also made us read the Bible and she had her twists on that too. So I feel it is relevant to this thread, as I wanted to point out that her teachings actually contradict what she says she believes and what she expects her followers to believe. I'm sure I have now made this as clear as mud. But those that know me, please excuse my somewhat biased comments.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2008 11:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for clarifying, Kathy. I think TYK took COL out to movies for various reasons. Sometimes she wanted to motivate us to follow her, for example when she compared herself to Yoda in the Star Wars movies. Sometimes she wanted to be entertained but invented a lesson in the movie so she could play the teacher role. In every case she enjoyed making an event of her arrival and departure in front of the theatre.

She didn't like complex or intellectual movies because she couldn't follow them very well. She didn't like the often slow-moving "chick flicks" because there usually wasn't a clear good vs. evil conflict. She also didn't get comedies such as Toy Story that referred to aspects of American popular culture about which she was ignorant. She seemed to like action and gothic horror movies best.

In her movie-related lessons as in other lessons in COL classes, she didn't practice what she preached. She was constantly warning of the dangers of lust, but she had more problems with it than any of her students.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2008 11:40am

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know she liked the KILL BILL series, what was her lesson in that?

Revenge, which she does quite well!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 10:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The California Supreme Court just struck down the gay marriage ban as unconstitutional. SF Mayor Newsom can start marrying gay couples at City Hall again. TYK is such a homophobe that I'll bet she's pissed off. That is, if she takes any time away from her battle with AG to watch the news.