Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 3:10pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HerLesson
    What if we all wrote our experiences with the piranha and sent it to the judge or we can publish it in the newspapers? All our experiences are fact. Also judges get letters all the time regarding a trial about their experiences with the defendent.
    I think that would be short circuited by her people. They probably are already in the process of writing testimonials about how wonderful TYK is and how she has enriched their lives ( and her coffers).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 3:12pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossanna
    I went ahead and took the liberty of booking a block of hotel rooms for the group of people who will be going to San Jose for this.
    I'll bring the vodka.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 4:04pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Failed Student
    I think that would be short circuited by her people. They probably are already in the process of writing testimonials about how wonderful TYK is and how she has enriched their lives ( and her coffers).
    We too can write testimonials!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 4:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicabonita
    I was talked to about the BB case, but it was from SHS and he really only addressed it when Inside Edition came out where the case was mentioned. Actually, me and a couple of the other COL kids. I was the oldest and I was about 17 at the time. I am not sure if Clare was there in his office with us or not. I think my brother was there.

Anway, I was told" First of all, anyone can sue anyone for anything. I can sue you for having green hair." So they first tried to tell me the BB case was frivilous.

He then had a copy of the case and said that I could read it if I wanted to. But the truth was, back then I could not understand legalese and very embarrassed to admit that I couldn't understand legal jargon. I looked at it and glanced it over, but I didn't really understand it. Plus I didn't want to question TYK or anything in front of him so I said "It's okay, I believe you."

Then he told me that BB(the plaintiff) was confused and going through personal problems and wanted to blame everything on TYK. Around this time TYK said that she (the plaintiff) was upset with her because she was after one of the instructors (MEA) and was just mad that she couldn't have him and took her anger out on TYK.

Then SHS told me that it was the plaintiff that actually begged TYK to take her money. And that she just kept pushing TYK to take it until she finally gave in and took the money. And then when she was having personal issues she demanded it all back. And SHS said that TYK graciously gave it all back. (I later found out that she never had a crush on MEA at all)

This was the story they told me. I didn't read the BB case again until I was considering leaving COL in November 2005. My dad had a copy and I read it. This time around I could understand legal terms and I read the thing from front to back and asked my dad questions. When I read it, it became clear to me that the instructors and TYK did everything they could to get that inheritance. TYK and the instructors used the help of lawyers, CPAs and brokerage houses to get that money.

For starters, she was eligible to receive that money after her 21st birthday and a couple of months after he 21st birthday she moved into the COL house. A coincidence ? I think not. Why is it that there were people that were in COL for years, but she, after barely living at the house for a month or two immediately with around TYK all the time ?

TYK offered her shares of stock in LWS, and had her prepay in advance for martial arts classes. No one else really did that. I can see people prepaying for a year, but this woman paid for martial arts classes and energy training classes FIVE years in advance. Who does that ? Many business don't even exist that long.

She had to pay thousands of dollars for "career training" aka working for Tae Yun Kim as her PR agent. Instead of TYK employing her and giving her benefits and perks, she charged this woman money to work for her, calling it "career training".

And on top of that, she told the plaintiff that her money was evil and the only way to get rid of this burden was by getting rid of the money. She also told the woman she was facing difficulties because of things that she did in her past life. But if the money was so evil, why was Tae Yun Kim willing to handle such "evil money" ? TYK claims that she is experienced in energy and can protect herself from the evil energy and put the money to use for a higher purpose. I personally think she is a skank whore that will do anything to stoop to the lowest level to get her paws on money. At least a whore earns her money. Tae Yun Kim doesn't even really do that.

I am willing to bet that COL members really never read the case. Had they read the case, they would have understood that this case is not frivilous and that this is not about personal issues, rather about taking back what is rightfully yours. What did Tae Yun Kim do to earn that million dollars ?

I know there are a couple of people in COL that have parents or relatives with money that will probably inherit it. All I can say is that if you don't watch out and you get taken, there is really no one to blame but yourself. Harsh ? Yes. The warning signs are out there, and now that this forum is up here, there is ample warning.

This plaintiff wasn't the only one who TYK attempted to suck dry. Wasn't the first nor the last. Failed Student was one of those people too. And at least these people were lucky to get some of their money back, even though it took some money and a struggle to do so. But many people weren't so lucky.
    Then SHS must be totally stupid or an idiot, that he would believe and defend her. Does he not know how to read? Especially after all she said about his "size".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 4:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think AG should have some LWS employees subpoenaed as well, you know the ones that do not belong to COL but know about COL and how strange they act. There are plenty of those who work in Oregon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 4:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I heard there were several that WANTED to show up and say their piece.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 9:17pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HerLesson
    What if we all wrote our experiences with the piranha and sent it to the judge or we can publish it in the newspapers? All our experiences are fact. Also judges get letters all the time regarding a trial about their experiences with the defendent.
    I believe this is called an amicus (friend of the court) brief.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 9:27pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicabonita
    Then SHS told me that it was the plaintiff that actually begged TYK to take her money. And that she just kept pushing TYK to take it until she finally gave in and took the money.
    This is pure BS. I didn't witness much of the high-level shenanigans in COL, but I did witness some. Late one night, BB answered the phone at what was then COL3. I could tell from the way she answered that TYK was on the other end. Within a few minutes she was crying. I heard her say the word "money." BB had no idea I was there eavesdropping. It seemed to me like the kind of conversation COL students had with TYK when they were being yelled at for doing something wrong.

Also around that time, TYK talked a lot in COL classes about how parents manipulated their children with inheritances, how such money was tainted with bad energy, and how the best thing to do with such money was to give it to charity.

Even from my vantage point outside the innermost circle I could see that BB was bullied and guilt-tripped into handing the money over. Until the Inside Edition report came out, however, I had no idea how much money was involved.
    Last edited by bemused; 3/27/2008 9:29pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 3:15am

Style: Glock 19

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

contention

"COL, formally 'College of Learning', informally 'City of Light' was founded to help Jung SuWon students who want to focus more on the Ki Energy elements of martial arts that Kim specializes in."

That is a sentence concenated from several posts that currently resides on the COL program page on Wikipedia. I am baffled because this little sentence, which is not hurtful, or determental to operations is a point of contention for the COL posters acting as wikipedia editors. I think I have a glimmer of why they are harping on this sentence.

Truthfully, honestly, this sentence is probably not correct. In reality this is what us as COL members felt that it was founded for. I just don't understand. I am actually going above and beyond in this sentence to say that it was founded with a positive purpose. Is this COL's way of telling us that we're all right? That there was never a positive intention intended?

I am extremely tired, so I apologize for the rant... I am just baffled... beyond belief.

Of anything here, why go after the one relatively positive thing?
    Last edited by clarehoare; 3/28/2008 3:17am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 5:52am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also wonder if she'll try to label our efforts as racist and enlist the support of the Korean community. So............how come she is sooooooooo Korean and yet doesn't really have Korean students ? Sarah doesn't really count, as she is American as apple pie. Is she really high profile in the Korean community ? Patronizing Korean restaurants, and sending her COL students to shop in Korean markets doesn't really count. She doesn't market her services in Korean to the Korean Community. She does business in English and tries to market herself to "Westerners", the same group of people she laughs at and calls lazy.

Last year I went to the bookstore to see if her books were sold. Nope ! The guy there was Korean, but only after repeating her name for a couple of minutes did he finally say " Oh...... the martial artist ? No, we don't have her book............." Why call on the Korean community for help when she doesn't even market her services towards them.............

And that is what I call playing the minority card.

You notice that she was pictured in TKD Times with the N. Korean demo team - oh yes, "I am helping my country to be unity" - Kwang Jo Choi (slightly less flamboyant cult leader of the Choi Kwnag Do cult) does the same thing. But, when it comes to fleecing people, they shy away from the Korean community and focus on us "round eyes". I know from first hand reports that Kwang Choi is not respected by his fellow Korean masters because of his lack of integrity in running the CKD organization. But, they smile to one another and do the grin and grip if there's a photo op - then they go and generally ignore him. Choi Kwang Do has existed as an organization for 22 years and has schools all over the US, Europe, Britain, India, Australia etc. Yet, oooh, funny thing, nothing in Korea. I suspect that your little fiend, oops, friend isn't too different.