Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 2:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HerLesson
    For those of us who are on AG's side, I think we should all go to his trial and show her there are more on AG's side of the courtroom then hers. To show her we are willing to stand up for truth and honesty. And she can try an frighten us with her big teeth all she wants but she will not intimidate us.
    I went ahead and took the liberty of booking a block of hotel rooms for the group of people who will be going to San Jose for this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 12:36pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by clarehoare
    Another key component to this is that everything is a secret. One of the draws of the COL program itself is that its an 'elite' little group of people. At JSW I was always curious what these devoted jsw'ers were always up to. Then when youre in, everything is still a secret, but you just know a little more.. and honestly.. I think a lot of us were there, and driven by these secrets.

In the past, researching $cientology, their group operates the same ways. They have a more formal system giving people OT (Operating theitan? from memory) ranks of seniority/awareness of 'secrets'.

The reality of cults in general, is that you aren't exposed to the whole truth initially as it would be too much, and as outsiders believe, it would be weird. Slow measured exposure is a way. It lets you acclimate to the relative insanity, and see normal american culture, as strange, flawed.. and the key to col --- WITHOUT PURPOSE.
    The issue with COL is more than just the keeping of secrets. The company I work for keeps trade secrets, but you don't find out that, say, the software company is actually a drug lab when you join. Despite the secrets, it is what it appears to be, a software company, and no more.

As Clar points out, an image of COL life is presented that only partially matches reality. Only the fun stuff, such as barbecue parties, beach trips, special meditation classes, and so on are revealed at first. The strict rules, harsh discipline, anti-democratic structure, financial austerity, lack of privacy, disruption of family ties, intrusion into all areas of life, physical exhaustion, and being at the mercy of TYK's latest whim are kept hidden to varying degrees even from low-level members. Perversely, finding out more is presented as a special privilege.

This deliberate misleading of people is called DECEPTION. It is a form of LYING. Several COL posters have had the nerve to claim that they are demonstrating "moral standards" while they are being DISHONEST.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 12:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HerLesson
    For those of us who are on AG's side, I think we should all go to his trial and show her there are more on AG's side of the courtroom then hers. To show her we are willing to stand up for truth and honesty. And she can try an frighten us with her big teeth all she wants but she will not intimidate us.
    I think it's important that as many of us show up on that first day as possible. TYK is likely to try to pack the courtroom with people whose favors she has bought in the past, in much the same way as she orchestrated the demonstration against ABC by Koreans to suppress a negative news story about her back in 1998. But I say, let her pack the courtroom. Those people will learn some things about her that they didn't know before.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 12:49pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll be there!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 1:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicabonita
    I wonder if Tae Yun Kim will permit all of her COL students to go with her to the courthouse or not. Because if she lets her COL students go, then they will hear accounts first hand, instead of listening to Tae Yun Kim's version. Big Difference. Everytime she is in court, she has always made it seem like the judge issued the decision in her favor, when it isn't really the case when you go back and look at the records.
    Part of how TYK controls COL is by keeping them away from situations she can't control. The BB court case happened during my time in COL. I wasn't invited to go to court and observe the proceedings, and I doubt that I was singled out to be denied such an invitation. COL as a group only heard about the case from her lawyer with her present.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 1:20pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bemused
    Part of how TYK controls COL is by keeping them away from situations she can't control. The BB court case happened during my time in COL. I wasn't invited to go to court and observe the proceedings, and I doubt that I was singled out to be denied such an invitation. COL as a group only heard about the case from her lawyer with her present.
    During the sham marriage trial here in Vermont, TYK's then husband prevented me from being in the courtroom, giving me a rather flimsy excuse. The only way I had a handle on what was happening was through the newspaper reports. The last day, the students were allowed in to hear the verdict. After she was judged not guilty, there was a big party at her house with the man who was on trial with her also in attendance.
    Also during the time she was on trial, SHS organized meditation sessions on her behalf at their temple. I did not attend, since I was never that much enamored of meditating anyway. Don't be suprised if that's already in the works at COL, along with requests for money for her legal defense, just like SHS did here.

Lord High Commander of the Super-Secret Order of The Invisible Pink Unicorn

Chuckling at Kyung-ae's purchased honors.

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 2:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Pet Kat Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope to be there as well. I'd like to sit in the front row with my kids and stare into her plastic frozen face with the duck's bill full of dental wizardry. I think it will be hard not to break down in laughter.

But in the spirit of fair play, I'll turn over a new leaf. I'll no longer refer to that silly old twat as a '****'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 2:57pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What if we all wrote our experiences with the piranha and sent it to the judge or we can publish it in the newspapers? All our experiences are fact. Also judges get letters all the time regarding a trial about their experiences with the defendent.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 3:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Dancer
    I hope to be there as well. I'd like to sit in the front row with my kids and stare into her plastic frozen face with the duck's bill full of dental wizardry. I think it will be hard not to break down in laughter.

But in the spirit of fair play, I'll turn over a new leaf. I'll no longer refer to that silly old twat as a '****'.
    Ideally, everyone she has hurt, scammed, humiliated or otherwise negatively affected should be in attendance, so she can see those from her past face to face.
    That being said, she'll probably try and stack the deck against us, although I don't think therre are enough people on her side to fill the courtroom and squeeze us out. I wonder whether she'll appeal to the Korean community once again to show up en masse to support her, or perhaps she'll appeal to the judge to have the courtroom closed to the public.
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 3:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If any of her little toadies try and shut us up about the trial now or were to prevent us from testifying, it would be obstruction of justice, which is a punishable offense.