Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/25/2008 9:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HerLesson
    I'm willing to testify what I know, anyone else??
    It will probably be standing room only. There are many media people that are watching to see the outcome. All Press is not good Press. When everyone testifies to what they know.....her bubble will burst. Her lies will come to an end and all will be exposed. I wonder how many of COL will be willing to perjure themselves to back up her lies. Looks like the court is finally holding up the integrity of the court system and giving sentences to those that LIE on the stand. Politicians are seeing how bad it is for them to be associated with the wrong people. I pray for a justified outcome. The truth will set many free.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2008 10:07pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TYK may be able to bamboozle a few young, vulnerable, idealistic people, but juries are not picked on the basis of how easily they can be drawn into a cult. And although TYK is a good actress, her normal manipulation methods are unlikely to work in a courtroom setting. There, she can't bully people, she can't refuse to answer a direct question, and if she tries to gain sympathy by crying she will just make a fool of herself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2008 11:28pm

Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that stupid chimp of a woman

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2008 12:02pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I left I was lucky to land a good job right away. The only help I got from TYK/COL was that I was permitted to stay in the COL house until my first big paycheck came in. I earned enough in the next year to settle with two credit cards, and I bought a new car with a little help from my grandmother. But the economy now is not what it was in 1998 and 1999. People who leave now are likely to have to live with their parents until they get on their feet. If I hadn't found a job, I probably would have asked to move in with my dad.

Reconnecting with family is one of the first important tasks for a former cult member, so moving in with Mom and/or Dad is probably a good thing (unless they're violent or substance abusers, and I don't think any COL parents are). I lived alone between leaving COL and getting engaged, and while at times I enjoyed the independence, I was lonely. I had too many strange stories to have a roommate, though.

People who leave now do have something I didn't have, though: an entire network of exers who can help.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/26/2008 4:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicabonita
    I hope that she gets called to the stand. Her lawyer would probably try and coach her on what to say on the stand, but she is real bad at taking any direction and would mess it all up. Not only that, but she would probably end up pissing off the judge by going off tangent and asking rhetorical questions.

If any of you COL students are called to the stand all I can say is good luck and make sure you all keep your stories straight !
    There is no doubt that Kim will be on that stand answering questions about anything and everything to do with Lighthouse, the cult and all the illegal activities that she orchestrated. The lawsuits main focal points are AG and Kim so they will both share the limelight on this one. No amount of coaching will change the fact that Kim will have to respond to allegations that have come out in the past 2 years about her company, her cult, and the experiences that ex members will testify to. Based on what I can see, every single one of the former instructors, former lovers and most members have come forward since AG left the group. These people have consistently expressed that they believed that COL was and still is a cult and that they were involved with illegal things. One thing that Kim and her toadies don't seem to get is that just because they don't post here or in other forums, doesn't mean that they have forgotten or forgiven what they were put through. People deal with their pain in different ways, this forum has been one way for some, but for others, talking online is not enough. Lets just say that most would prefer to play a more active role when the time is right and as clarehoare has revealed, seems that time is coming real fast. I personally look forward to October 6 and the events leading up to that day. I know which side of the courtroom I will be sitting on. Peace.
    Last edited by Rossanna; 3/26/2008 5:00pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2008 7:57pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just got off the phone with Adam. He will be there October 6th and he also knows what side of the courtroom he'll be sitting on too. :icon_chee
    Sorry, I don't understand, what does that mean?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2008 9:37pm

Style: Glock 19

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I know it's obvious to the outside observer, but when you are in COL you're really "in it" and don't see the obvious. Everything that's happened in COL has happened very slowly. I would equate it to getting into debt. You don't really realize how serious the situation has gotten until you can barely make the minumum payments and have to deal with the creditors calling you. By then your car has gotten repoed and you're facing bankruptcy....

That whole post is fantastic. It is very true about the slow creep. You join, youre allowed to go to your parents, most of the COL stuff is fun, then you realize, OH there is people who go to COL1 every night.. they must be having fun. You ask about it, and are told "They're on special programs"... so you 'train' hard (read: do more rebirths, work 18 hours a day at LHA) and win yourself a special program... And boy are you happy to be mopping the back hallway at COL1, its just an honor to have cleaned such a wonderful home.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2008 9:41pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For those of us who are on AG's side, I think we should all go to his trial and show her there are more on AG's side of the courtroom then hers. To show her we are willing to stand up for truth and honesty. And she can try an frighten us with her big teeth all she wants but she will not intimidate us.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2008 9:48pm

Style: Glock 19

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another key component to this is that everything is a secret. One of the draws of the COL program itself is that its an 'elite' little group of people. At JSW I was always curious what these devoted jsw'ers were always up to. Then when youre in, everything is still a secret, but you just know a little more.. and honestly.. I think a lot of us were there, and driven by these secrets.

In the past, researching $cientology, their group operates the same ways. They have a more formal system giving people OT (Operating theitan? from memory) ranks of seniority/awareness of 'secrets'.

The reality of cults in general, is that you aren't exposed to the whole truth initially as it would be too much, and as outsiders believe, it would be weird. Slow measured exposure is a way. It lets you acclimate to the relative insanity, and see normal american culture, as strange, flawed.. and the key to col --- WITHOUT PURPOSE.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/27/2008 12:40am

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know that when the IRS talked to me...I just told them the truth and gave them all the information and proof that I had. I'm so glad that I save everything. You'd be surprised at what you have that is proof. I have cancelled checks from 1976.......All those emails that you received and sent......they can contain lots of stuff too. Also those that kept journal copies for themselves....that is real helpful in pinpointing dates.

If you lie on the stand I believe that you can get charged with numerous charges for each lie you tell? OH MY.............
Page 3 of 156 FirstFirst 123 45671353103 ... LastLast